Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man arrested over attempted abduction

Options

Comments

I am not a big follower of rte but i have definitely seen where if the guy is Irish they will make some hint in the story that alludes to him being Irish whereas if he is not there is no description.

It might be well intentioned to sooth any race issues because as long as its an Irish man everyone seems happy,and we can continue hating ourselves and blaming our own for everything.Can't be blaming any of the new Irish as we all know they are saints and commit no crime.

RTE can make any hints they want.
    AGS only release details that they need to release. If they don't release a full description, then they don't need to.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with race or worrying about race relations in society.

Edit, not sure what your last sentence is about, seems a bit paranoid

• Site Banned Posts: 29 The 2020s

anewme wrote: »
    This is the third time you've said this and it's a bit weird.

How is it weird? The most common targets of sex predators abductors are younger females.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The 2020s wrote: »
    How is it weird? The most common targets of sex predators abductors are younger females.

Women of all ages are targets for sexual deviants. Yes, maybe younger “more attractive” women are more at risk, but still women of all ages can be targeted. It’s not at all unusual, as you seem to be suggesting.

It was dark out, and if this was a sexual deviant looking for his victim, I doubt he interviews her first, examines her and checks for visuals all that much..

He sees what he believes to be a woman, alone, close by, and he strikes...Straight forward for such a perp!

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

marko99 wrote: »
    Wow, that's some sentence.

If your man is guilty I hope he gets a longer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

bubblypop wrote: »
    RTE can make any hints they want.
    AGS only release details that they need to release. If they don't release a full description, then they don't need to.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with race or worrying about race relations in society.

Edit, not sure what your last sentence is about, seems a bit paranoid

Oh come on. People are muffled now. Cannot mention race or colour at all now. EVER. Even if it might help solve a crime. huh.

We all know that there are Black gangs out there fomenting trouble in nightclubs and elsewhere. As are our own to be fair. But we cannot mention the Black gangs ever.

I hope I am not banned for saying that. But I wouldn't be surprised either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Oh come on. People are muffled now. Cannot mention race or colour at all now. EVER. Even if it might help solve a crime. huh.

We all know that there are Black gangs out there fomenting trouble in nightclubs and elsewhere. As are our own to be fair. But we cannot mention the Black gangs ever.

True, there was a description of the car, the attackers clothes but none of his appearance. Doesn't really make sense.

That's because there are no 'black gangs '
    The only gangs in this country are organised crime gangs or travelling criminal gangs.
    Perhaps you think groups of friends hanging around together are 'gangs' they are not.
    If you are talking about public order incidents, these happen all over the country by people of all colours.
    & once again, I will say, AGS are not involved in any kind of race relations, they give out the details they need to.
    They do not involve themselves in gossip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

True, there was a description of the car, the attackers clothes but none of his appearance. Doesn't really make sense.

The fact that rte had a segment on it this evening means its an irish guy that was involved. No mention of the garda that was dragged along by the car at dundrum the other evening while at least virgin media news had a segment on it.

Of course it does.
    How do you think they arrested someone so quick?
    They didn't need to release a description, neither did they release a Reg no. Of a car, is that some big conspiracy against certain makes of vehicle?
    A lot of tinfoil hats around here!

Is bubblypop a member of the GS?

I am getting a ve hickle vibe there! No offence BP but it is an anonymous forum and all we can go on is what we read.

Over to you about me! You're welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

RIC probably!!

Is bubblypop a member of the GS?

I am getting a ve hickle vibe there! No offence BP but it is an anonymous forum and all we can go on is what we read.

Over to you about me! You're welcome.

Don't think it's a secret
    But trust me, AGS & the justice system doesn't care what colour anyone is. And there's no conspiracy
    This incident was always something else.... It was obviously never some random attempted abduction.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    RIC probably!!

?

Don't think it's a secret
    But trust me, AGS & the justice system doesn't care what colour anyone is. And there's no conspiracy
    This incident was always something else.... It was obviously never some random attempted abduction.

I was jesting. But anyway I reckon what you say is close to the mark. The GS had a fair idea what was going on here. And someone has been apprehended. Great work by the Force.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Of course it does.
    How do you think they arrested someone so quick?
    They didn't need to release a description, neither did they release a Reg no. Of a car, is that some big conspiracy against certain makes of vehicle?
    A lot of tinfoil hats around here!

Don't know how old you are but back in the day there was always a physical description of a suspect, hair colour, Eyes, skin colour etc

• Site Banned Posts: 29 The 2020s

Well done to the man who stopped to help this lady, the Gardaí got good info quickly and responded as they should. This cant be the first time this suspect has committed such an offence, let’s see what else he may have to answer to.

AGS will have to look back over murders, sexual assaults and missing persons to see if this guy could be responsible for any.

Don't know how old you are but back in the day there was always a physical description of a suspect, hair colour, Eyes, skin colour etc

I'm old! :)
    They only release the details that they need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

This guy has been arrested, why are people still offended that his description hasn't been released? Why do you need to know what he looks like when he's already arrested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Not really, there was someone operating in my area a while ago and after several assaults or attempts no description was ever publicised. I only knew because one of the victims posted a warning on social media herself. I can only guess that the gardai never released it because he looked like a completely average Irish man in late thirties, early forties. It wouldn't help anyone because you could pass dozens of matching specimens in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The 2020s wrote: »
    It's weird because you're assuming it was sexually motivated and you're pretty much saying if you were to kidnap a woman you'd go for a younger one. It's very odd thing for you to keep repeating.

And of course every thread like this has the usual hints of "strange that the gardai didn't give more of a description" posts

• Advertisement

I'm old! :)
    They only release the details that they need to.

according to Garda info the man is 30 (see Paul Reynolds article on thread page 1.

The according to Paul himself, the guy is 20 years old, see same article/ The guards have sized the car and are looking for dash cam footage from the public. They don't give the make, they don't give the model. They have arrested the guy and released his age (20 or 30) whoever you choose to believe. They said he'd a white t SHIRT AND BLACK BOTTOMS. again, should the public not look for skin colour lest they go through the dash cams for that morning!!
    give over will ye. that's a shambles whatever you might think of other posters motives.

rusty cole wrote: »
    according to Garda info the man is 30 (see Paul Reynolds article on thread page 1.

The according to Paul himself, the guy is 20 years old, see same article/ The guards have sized the car and are looking for dash cam footage from the public. They don't give the make, they don't give the model. They have arrested the guy and released his age (20 or 30) whoever you choose to believe. They said he'd a white t SHIRT AND BLACK BOTTOMS. again, should the public not look for skin colour lest they go through the dash cams for that morning!!
    give over will ye. that's a shambles whatever you might think of other posters motives.

What do you need to know?
    The male is arrested, the car is seized.
    Gardai will appeal for all dash Cam / CCTV footage because they need to take it all.
    They then have to watch it & see if anything is evidence. It's not up to the general public to decide if their footage is evidence or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Apparently Irish and a member of an ethnic minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If true, all the anti immigrant racists on this thread will be so disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Darc19 wrote: »
    If true, all the anti immigrant racists on this thread will be so disappointed.
    They will .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Depending on where you read it, the suspect is either 20 or 30, some even saying that he is both in the same article. But it seems the others were just early reports and he is 20.

Seems like they have a lot of evidence, or the potential for, against him.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/suspect-in-completely-random-attempted-abduction-identified-thanks-to-childs-coat-victim-took-from-car-boot-974162.html
    His childs coat, CCTV footage of him driving out of petrol stations without paying (proving he was in that area), and obviously a lot of DNA in the car, on the boot etc..
    Allegedly from Ongar, father of one and in an on-off relationship.

Anyone know what the potential penalty is for something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Suckit wrote: »
    Depending on where you read it, the suspect is either 20 or 30, some even saying that he is both in the same article. But it seems the others were just early reports and he is 20.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/suspect-in-completely-random-attempted-abduction-identified-thanks-to-childs-coat-victim-took-from-car-boot-974162.html
    His childs coat, CCTV footage of him driving out of petrol stations without paying (proving he was in that area), and obviously a lot of DNA in the car, on the boot etc..

The penalty for being in an on-off relationship in Ongar?

It is probably just to stay in Ongar with the yoke he is currently on-off with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

It would be “white t SHIRT AND BLACK BOTTOMS, George Webb’s and white socks”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Source? Barstool?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Suckit wrote: »

5 years. 3.5 suspended. Only Sky Sports in the cell. No BT Sports. Tough going

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement