Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man arrested over attempted abduction

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Not at 7.30 in the morning. They dont start working until at least 14:00.

In fairness, he could have been coming home from working the night shift...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Night shift me hoop...........

the suspect had been “out all night” during which they suspect he consumed cocaine and cannabis and for some reason “got a notion” to abduct a woman.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/suspect-in-completely-random-attempted-abduction-identified-thanks-to-childs-coat-victim-took-from-car-boot-974162.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Source? Barstool?
    Can’t say , but it will come out soon enough. 3 houses broken into in that women’s estate the week before .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

The 2020s wrote: »
    Well done to the man who stopped to help this lady, the Gardaí got good info quickly and responded as they should. This cant be the first time this suspect has committed such an offence, let’s see what else he may have to answer to.

AGS will have to look back over murders, sexual assaults and missing persons to see if this guy could be responsible for any.

You've a real hard on for this attempted abduction, it's kind of weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

It would be “white t SHIRT AND BLACK BOTTOMS, George Webb’s and white socks”

I thought they only wore shorts in wintertime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

The 2020s wrote: »
    Wow that was quick, must of been car registered to him and someone got the plate number, fair play to passers-by who came to the rescue as I’d say this would of had a bad ending, some sick twisted people among us and I’d dare say this animal has previously been involved in other sinister things which hopefully he can now be linked to and then given a substantial sentence which is not done in Arbour Hill with the rest of our twisted vile predators we’re they get to swap ideas and do easy time with no consequences if they don’t do programmes to make them understand the damage they do to victims, we need to change the legislation to ensure they partake or get indefinite sentences if they don’t.

The thread will probably be locked again if we find out he’s a migrant.

Your attempt to bring racism and right wind ideology in to this thread failed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Smart woman, taking that coat and and hang on to it.

As for that guy.... Just lock him up and give me the key. I ll keep the key safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

5 years. 3.5 suspended. Only Sky Sports in the cell. No BT Sports. Tough going

AKA a Martin Nolan special

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

the suspect had been “out all night” during which they suspect he consumed cocaine and cannabis and for some reason “got a notion” to abduct a woman.

Getting the horseshit excuses in early, the Victim will probably never feel safe walking alone again - and this guy will be given semi-hero status for having a tough upbringing and being a general piece of shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Can’t say , but it will come out soon enough. 3 houses broken into in that women’s estate the week before .

Ok, barstool it is so.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Ok, barstool it is so.
    I’m hardly going to give the source , 3 houses broke into in the estate, him waiting there with his boot open , ok yeah he got a notion to abduct a women and just chose a women in her 60’s , it’s fairly obvious what was going on and what would have happened next .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

News reporting he's been released and a file sent to the DPP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

We all know that peoples skin colour cannot be mentioned anymore. Its a bloody disgrace. My mam goes for early morning walks and I couldnt tell her many details about who to be weary of. If I knew the skin colour of the man that could have narrowed it down somewhat. Its not racist to mention someones skin colour, I am white, Bill Cosby is black, nothing racist in that sentence at all. Why couldnt the media say he was white? They said his tshirt was white...

Putting womens and girls safety at risk because of fear of being "racist". Shame on the media, shame on the guards & shame on Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

We all know that peoples skin colour cannot be mentioned anymore. Its a bloody disgrace. My mam goes for early morning walks and I couldnt tell her many details about who to be weary of. If I knew the skin colour of the man that could have narrowed it down somewhat. Its not racist to mention someones skin colour, I am white, Bill Cosby is black, nothing racist in that sentence at all. Why couldnt the media say he was white? They said his tshirt was white...

Putting womens and girls safety at risk because of fear of being "racist". Shame on the media, shame on the guards & shame on Boards.ie

Seriously deluded and out of order. Stop trying to push the racist agenda!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Interesting username... tell me, whats a Chameleon's most well known trait?

He was white, happy?

Why would you think this?
    You have some serious issues.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

We all know that peoples skin colour cannot be mentioned anymore. Its a bloody disgrace. My mam goes for early morning walks and I couldnt tell her many details about who to be weary of. If I knew the skin colour of the man that could have narrowed it down somewhat.

Leaving aside the questions surrounding why you need to advise your mother on anything, it seems you need to tell her to be weary [sic] of white males.

But you will in your hoop.

Leaving aside the questions surrounding why you need to advise your mother on anything, it seems you need to tell her to be weary [sic] of white males.

You wouldnt have posted that if he was black...

My mam walks early every morning in the vacinity of the park. Seeing as there was an attempted abduction in the area of an elderly woman, why would I not advise her?

moritz1234 wrote: »
    Seriously deluded and out of order. Stop trying to push the racist agenda!

I said nothing racist

• Advertisement

He was white, happy?

Yes I'm happy, we should know every possible detail about a predetor. We as a society need to protect our women as they are the most vulnerable to sexual attack. Keeping details such as physical descriptions of attackers out of the media because of political reasons is irresponsible and dangerious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Darc19 wrote: »
    If true, all the anti immigrant racists on this thread will be so disappointed.

No not really they don’t like the Irish ethnic minority either.
    Mind you, if you were honest the Irish ethnic minority don’t exactly endear themselves to the community in general. This is appalling disgraceful behaviour. A young man under the influence of illegal substances behaving like a savage. How will that woman ever recover from that ordeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Lillyfae wrote: »

What?

This country, I swear!
    Good job judge!

Unstable individual attempts to snatch a woman off the street? Sounds like a prime candidate for bail!
    Clearly nothing has been learned since Manuela Riedo was murdered.

Yes I'm happy, we should know every possible detail about a predetor. We as a society need to protect our women as they are the most vulnerable to sexual attack. Keeping details such as physical descriptions of attackers out of the media because of political reasons is irresponsible and dangerious.

Now that the skin colour alley is closed off you may go find out what god he follows next, you know, in case you might be able to rouse some rabbles from it.

Do you approve of any family members at all advising loved ones regarding their personal safety? I’m genuinely interested.
    If my mother announces that she plans to hitchhike to the Marian Shrine in Mayo from her home in Thurles is it ok for me, her daughter, to tell her I don’t think that’s a very good idea? (But not ok for my brother to be tell her that she shouldn’t do that). Or do you think we should both mind our own business?

Lillyfae wrote: »

Of course . What else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

'hopefully somebody will be watching him, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭misterme123

It's really hard to remember details when you're distressed/panicked. As well as fighting off her attacker, the woman got a description of the car, the abductor, a partial licence plate, and even grabbed some evidence from the boot. She may well have prevented someone else from being abducted as well as saving herself.

Suckit wrote: »
    'hopefully somebody will be watching him, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

In Ireland you can cause chaos and fear all weekend culminating in the brutal assault and attempted abduction of an elderly lady on Monday morning and expect to be arrested interviewed bailed and back out walking around at your leisure before lunchtime on Wednesday. Hopeless and getting more hopeless as the years go by.
    They’ll soon decide that you can be bailed if you’ve murdered someone as long as you’ve an address to go to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It's really hard to remember details when you're distressed/panicked. As well as fighting off her attacker, the woman got a description of the car, the abductor, a partial licence plate, and even grabbed some evidence from the boot. She may well have prevented someone else from being abducted as well as saving herself.

Yes! She was incredibly strong, clearheaded and brave. Really hope she can recover from this awful trauma

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement