Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man arrested over attempted abduction

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yes I'm happy, we should know every possible detail about a predetor. We as a society need to protect our women as they are the most vulnerable to sexual attack. Keeping details such as physical descriptions of attackers out of the media because of political reasons is irresponsible and dangerious.

Who did that?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Giving detailed descriptions of a perpetrator can see the potential for innocent people to get hut...

Although, seeing as this man has been released within days of the attack........I don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

conorhal wrote: »
    What?

This country, I swear!
    Good job judge!

Unstable individual attempts to snatch a woman off the street? Sounds like a prime candidate for bail!
    Clearly nothing has been learned since Manuela Riedo was murdered.
    Nothing to do with a judge. He hasn't been bailed. He hasn't even been charged yet.

DPP has to decide what charges, if any, the evidence will support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Now that the skin colour alley is closed off you may go find out what god he follows next, you know, in case you might be able to rouse some rabbles from it.

How is knowing his relegion going to help me identify him?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Nothing to do with a judge. He hasn't been bailed. He hasn't even been charged yet.

DPP has to decide what charges, if any, the evidence will support.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-release-man-arrested-in-connection-with-attempted-abduction-974233.html

This outlet says he has been released.

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    Released from his arrest, pending a decision on whether to charge him.

Nothing to do with a judge, he's not on bail, he hasn't been charged with anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Nothing to do with a judge, he's not on bail, he hasn't been charged with anything yet.

He obviously didn’t admit anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

He obviously didn’t admit anything?

Not his first rodeo.

Not his first rodeo.

Nor his last I’d say.

He’s out amongst us nonetheless. That’s my point. You couldn’t possibly agree with this, surely?

• Advertisement

He’s out amongst us nonetheless. That’s my point. You couldn’t possibly agree with this, surely?

I’m sure he’s being monitored because if guilty he still poses a threat and who’s to say he isn’t still getting the urges to abduct someone.
    Hopefully someone is watching him. Like they have to be. Don’t they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Do we know any details? Maybe it was a family issue or they can't prove attempted abduction. Could be a series of things we don't know.
    I suppose I'm hoping, seeing as he was left out.

I’m sure he’s being monitored because if guilty he still poses a threat and who’s to say he isn’t still getting the urges to abduct someone.
    Hopefully someone is watching him. Like they have to be. Don’t they?

Highly unlikely. How on earth could they put a Garda on him 24/7. Apart from anything else he’d probably accuse them of Garda harassment. Don’t forget he’s innocent till proven guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭corminators

I gather they hadn't enough to charge him because the forensics hadn't come back yet so when the clock was up on his detention they let him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭bmc58

The 2020s wrote: »
    Breaking news this afternoon, a man has been arrested for the attempted abduction of a woman in her 60s yesterday morning.

Excellent.These dangerous creeps need to be taken off the streets.

bmc58 wrote: »
    Excellent.These dangerous creeps need to be taken off the streets.
    He's back on the streets. :confused:
    Aren't you able to read the thread?

I wasn't making a comment either way on that.

I was pointing out to those rushing to blame judges and the courts and the police that he hasn't actually been bailed, because he hasn't actually been charged with anything yet.

It's generally a good thing to stick to facts in these cases, surely you agree with that?

He's just been rearrested and charged. Will appear at court tomorrow.
    Forensics must have come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

He's just been rearrested and charged. Will appear at court tomorrow.
    Forensics must have come back.

Great news, women are not safe with weirdo's like that around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

A lot of arguments about the colour of his skin, when in fact he was an ethnic scumbag
    Didn’t see anyone mention this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

A lot of arguments about the colour of his skin, when in fact he was an ethnic scumbag

What do you mean?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I don't know what an ethnic scumbag is? :confused:

pinkyeye wrote: »
    I don't know what an ethnic scumbag is? :confused:

Traveller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

The guy was 30 years old, very strange for him to try and abduct a woman twice his age.
    It’s very queer to target a woman in her 60s. I would’ve imagined a sex fiend would’ve targeted a teenage girl or woman in her early 20s rather than an elderly lady.

You're right, if it was me doing the abducting, it wasn't though, I wouldn't be targeting a 60 year old woman, I'd be abducting a younger, more spritely lass for the auld sexual deviancy.
    It wasn't me though and I don't do any abducting, just saying if I was to do it, that's how I'd do it and I spend plenty of time thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Traveller

I'm not sure you know what the word "ethnic" means.

I hate travellers as much as anyone, but I don't see why you would feel justified in using it for any group of Irish people yet noone would use it for a black person or muslim person or something like that.

I'm not sure you know what the word "ethnic" means.

I hate travellers as much as anyone, but I don't see why you would feel justified in using it for any group of Irish people yet noone would use it for a black person or muslim person or something like that.

I was being sarcastic, seen as it was them who asked for “ethnic” minority status

Jaysis
    60 years old is not eiderliy FFS!
    Plenty of 60 year old women look great. My Mam is older then that & would not appreciate being called elderly.
    Ye do realise pension age is like 66/67 or something?
    Anyway, what does it matter how old the victim was?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭gmufc19

Could the victim be the mother/a relative of the girl in the on/off relationship?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Traveller

So you are calling all travelers scumbags, is that right?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 cosybeach

So you are calling all travelers scumbags, is that right?

Only most of them as of 2019 .06 of pop 10% make up prison pop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement