Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Room - Bluetooth? - Affordable?

• 07-01-2020 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    You may have seen my other post about repairing a Boston Acoustics 2.1 system I have, I'm not sure what the chances of a repair are, so I'm looking into options for getting a new system.

Basically, I've 2 main areas of listening to music, but they aren't that far from eachother and could probably share a sub, so I was thinking 4 speakers and one sub, but I was thinking it'd be good to have connectivity at each of the 2 points so if I have something connected by AUX, I can just hook it into the local point and it'll play on all 4 speakers and the sub.

It wouldn't really be practical to wire them in permanently and I can't alter the property either, so I was thinking if the speakers could communicate somehow (wirelessly?) between eachother to allow one source connected to play on all 4 speakers?

I'm looking for something affordable, so maybe something by Logitec or Creative (are they still around?). Maybe around the €150 mark?

I'd only be connecting by AUX 3.5 or Bluetooth.

Any suggestions or feedback would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

I got the UE boom twin pack a while ago, it lets you link bluetooth speakers together via their app ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the suggestion, but looking for something with a bit more BOOM that will shake the place with bass :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭vectra

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion, but looking for something with a bit more BOOM that will shake the place with bass :P

Get a pair of old Bose 400XL speakers and whack up the volume. That would shake all the rooms :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Amazon Echo Studio speaker sounds great and multi-room works perfectly with all Echo speakers.

Thanks for the suggestions, vectra, do you mean 4000 XL? Not much info on 400XL, and 4000XL seems quite old and I'm not sure it would offer what I need other than bass :)

There's no info on wattage on the echo, but there doesn't seem to be much opportunity for a heavy bass without a sub, and if I want stereo in each room, it's going to cost me about €600 to get 4 of them :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭vectra

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions, vectra, do you mean 4000 XL? Not much info on 400XL, and 4000XL seems quite old and I'm not sure it would offer what I need other than bass :)

There's no info on wattage on the echo, but there doesn't seem to be much opportunity for a heavy bass without a sub, and if I want stereo in each room, it's going to cost me about €600 to get 4 of them :o

Sorry,
    Yes, 4000XL.
    I have a pair of them myself,
    Bought them new. ( I think in 92/93 ) as part of a system build that I still have.
    Fantastic bass and volume,
    I would love to get my hands on a pair of alluminum tweeters from an old pair of 501's and modify the crossover as the treble is a little (crap) :o

Haha, that sounds a little bit out of the realms of practicality for what I'm after :P

Advertisement