Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to setup a business outside Ireland?

Options
  • 07-01-2020 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi there,

I am considering setting up a business that operates within Germany with its headquarter in Ireland. I checked rwith the company registery department in Germany who advised that I'll need to register my business where I'm domiciled. In this case Ireland.

On citizeninformation.ie I only found info on how to open an Irish business operating in Ireland.
    I am sure there are additional requirements if the main business will be in another country.

Has anyone any experience with this and/or could advise on where to get more information?

Many thanks in advance,
    Ron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Simonoconnor15

Hi Ron,
    We were in a similar situation and found it difficult to get the right information. Company Bureau in Dublin gave us the information we needed.
    At first we were unsure of using a formation agent because we thought it would be cheaper to do it ourselves but their rates were affordable and they organised everything for us inlcuding a bank account. It saved a lot of time and frustration esspecially when it came to translating documents as we are not fluent in German.

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Ron75

Hi Ron,
    We were in a similar situation and found it difficult to get the right information. Company Bureau in Dublin gave us the information we needed.
    At first we were unsure of using a formation agent because we thought it would be cheaper to do it ourselves but their rates were affordable and they organised everything for us inlcuding a bank account. It saved a lot of time and frustration esspecially when it came to translating documents as we are not fluent in German.

Simon

That's great news.
    I'm German, so language wise will be fine, but might indeed be worth checking what a formation agent can do and will definitely check with the company bureau in Dublin.

Thanks a lot, Simon

Advertisement