Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cnoc na Mara, Blackrock

Options
  • 07-01-2020 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Can anyone offer any advice on this development? Three bed semi-detached in particular.
    Last phase seems to be flying up. Love the area but would welcome advice from those more familiar with Blackrock.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

heldel00 wrote: »
    Can anyone offer any advice on this development? Three bed semi-detached in particular.
    Last phase seems to be flying up. Love the area but would welcome advice from those more familiar with Blackrock.

Haven’t bought there but have recently bought in Blackrock and am from the area.

What do you want to know? It’s a nice village with plenty going for it, bars restaurants etc. Close to the M1 for commuters (but busy early), Dundalk itself has frequent bus and train services to Dublin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I suppose we just wondering about the estate in particular or that general area out towards the golf club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

heldel00 wrote: »
    I suppose we just wondering about the estate in particular or that general area out towards the golf club?

Can’t speak for the estate specifically but some friends bought there a few months ago and are loving it.

The general area is fine though, walking distance to the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

I think out towards the golf club there's talk of hundreds of houses being built, bear that in mind. Someone else might be able to give more details on that though.

Blackrock is a lovely spot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

event wrote: »
    I think out towards the golf club there's talk of hundreds of houses being built, bear that in mind. Someone else might be able to give more details on that though.

Blackrock is a lovely spot

Does anyone have any more info on Cnoc na Mara or this development? I see it is Knightsbridge Consultancy and almost 500 houses/apartments but I can't find out if it is still going ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Raoul wrote: »
    Does anyone have any more info on Cnoc na Mara or this development? I see it is Knightsbridge Consultancy and almost 500 houses/apartments but I can't find out if it is still going ahead.

Louth Planning Map - zoom in on the area to find out planning and more

https://louthco.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Solutions/s2.html?appid=3525367221ab4309bc64940ba3c63545

Planning details

http://apps.louthcoco.ie/idocswebDPSS/listfiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=19590

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JohnnyMustang22

I grew up in Blackrock so I know it very well. Its a really nice safe area with good transport links and a mix of decent places to eat/drink. My in laws live in the vicinity of this planned development and the only comment I would make is that the roads are becoming very busy. Adding another 500 houses along with the other developments in/near the village will only make the problem worse. Its not "severe traffic" or "gridlock" but its certainly not a sleepy little village anymore. I am not trying to put you off but just something to consider. There are lots of other places to walk which are quieter. i.e Annagassan, Port beach, Ravensdale, Soilders point, etc

Advertisement