Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card gone into overdraft by 0.81 cent

Options
  • 07-01-2020 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

My current account funds were low the other day and I paid for an item. My current account went into a -0.81 cent of a overdraft. This was not due to a standing order nor was it for a direct debit. I just made a purchase using my debit card.

I have 2 current accounts so when i noticed this I just transferred over some money to put myself back into the black. In the past I have got referral charges (€12.70) due to a unpaid standing order or direct debit.

Im just wondering in this circumstance will charged for a unpaid item (referral charge €12.70) or am I ok?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Kealyboy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

We can advise that if the funds in your account are less than the amount of a direct debit or standing order that is due to come out, this will result in an unpaid fee of €12.70.

If the balance of your account becomes overdrawn due to a debit card transaction, this would lead to a referral item charge on the account. Just to mention, there is no charge for the first referral item within each fee banking quarter, and the 2nd and 3rd referral item would be €3.50 each banking fee quarter. We have more information on page 7 within our fees brochure here.

I hope this above information helps. Any further questions please feel free to check back with us.

Many thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement