Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost effective botox and filler clinics?

Options
  • 07-01-2020 11:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Given what it's comprised of, this has to be one of the most overpriced treatments around.

I'm looking for someone who has their feet on the ground a little better, is well trained, and located on the landmass of Ireland.

Forehead zone (I was quoted 100 per zone in one place, but they said forehead is 3 zones).

So, botox, maybe fillers, but ironing out of the forehead is by far and away the objective.

What say you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Where are you based?

Its botox you'd be looking for, fillers aren't used for treating lines.
    The reason its treated as 3 zones is because when you treat the horizontal lines in the middle of the forehead, it causes the brow area to depress, making you look like you're permenantly angry/frowning. That's why the actual brow area also needs to be treated, lifting it back up to restore neutral expression to the face.
    This would also include the lines between the brows that we get from furrowing them. So you can't really get one without the other, because it will have a horrible effect.
    The third area would be crows feet, but that shouldn't be considered part of the forehead and should be optional.

In regards to cost, the clinic I use is one of the best in the business with medically qualified aestheticians who have years of experience, who have a proper, professional clinic & use a premium top quality product.
    They charge €225 for three areas, I believe, which I think is reasonable. I would expect to pay around that amount and please ensure its administered by either a doctor, dentist or nurse. The risks just aren't worth it.

€300 is pricy but not totally off the wall if you're living in Dublin. If you want a professional, safe job done its going to cost about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Where are you based?

Its botox you'd be looking for, fillers aren't used for treating lines.
    The reason its treated as 3 zones is because when you treat the horizontal lines in the middle of the forehead, it causes the brow area to depress, making you look like you're permenantly angry/frowning. That's why the actual brow area also needs to be treated, lifting it back up to restore neutral expression to the face.
    This would also include the lines between the brows that we get from furrowing them. So you can't really get one without the other, because it will have a horrible effect.
    The third area would be crows feet, but that shouldn't be considered part of the forehead and should be optional.

In regards to cost, the clinic I use is one of the best in the business with medically qualified aestheticians who have years of experience, who have a proper, professional clinic & use a premium top quality product.
    They charge €225 for three areas, I believe, which I think is reasonable. I would expect to pay around that amount and please ensure its administered by either a doctor, dentist or nurse. The risks just aren't worth it.

€300 is pricy but not totally off the wall if you're living in Dublin. If you want a professional, safe job done its going to cost about that.

I'm between the west and the east.
    Access to Dublin is no problem.

Are you certain fillers aren't used to fill in the creases where the lines were after botox?

Cause that's the issue.

I have a chilled expression it's just when my forehead is in a relaxed state the lines are visible.
    I don't need my expression changed, I just need those fine lines to be gone.

I'm between the west and the east.
    Access to Dublin is no problem.

Are you certain fillers aren't used to fill in the creases where the lines were after botox?

Cause that's the issue.

I have a chilled expression it's just when my forehead is in a relaxed state the lines are visible.
    I don't need my expression changed, I just need those fine lines to be gone.

In that case I would highly recommend Eden Medical in Dublin, I go to their clinic in Cork & can vouch for them.

Nope definitely not, filler is used to restore a lack of volume due to reduced collagen in the skin. For example, it would be used to plump the lips & cheeks or to add definition to the jaw.
    If you were to add volume to forehead lines it would literally make your forehead stick out & look swollen due to the increased volume.

I had exactly the same problem as you, Botox simply freezes the muscle so it can’t relax into the wrinkle when your expression is neutral.
    My lines would have been quite deep when I started getting it but my forehead is completely smooth with no wrinkles now.
    If you check out the Eden social media you’ll be able to see plenty of before and after pictures of other patients. They do free consultations, you definitely only need the 2 zones done so they’ll be able to talk you through it and put your mind at ease.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

SusieBlue wrote: »
    In that case I would highly recommend Eden Medical in Dublin, I go to their clinic in Cork & can vouch for them.

Nope definitely not, filler is used to restore a lack of volume due to reduced collagen in the skin. For example, it would be used to plump the lips & cheeks or to add definition to the jaw.
    If you were to add volume to forehead lines it would literally make your forehead stick out & look swollen due to the increased volume.

I had exactly the same problem as you, Botox simply freezes the muscle so it can’t relax into the wrinkle when your expression is neutral.
    My lines would have been quite deep when I started getting it but my forehead is completely smooth with no wrinkles now.
    If you check out the Eden social media you’ll be able to see plenty of before and after pictures of other patients. They do free consultations, you definitely only need the 2 zones done so they’ll be able to talk you through it and put your mind at ease.

Seems like a good recommendation.
    What I wouldn't give for that smooth forehead again.

It says they last for 3 to 4 months.
    Some places advertise up to 6 months?
    Do they just use more/better botox or is 3 to 4 months actually the standard everywhere?

So - 2 areas for forehead is the minimum - prices seem good at 180.
    Though some places say forehead, frown lines and eyes?
    But I guess they'll clarify that.

Thanks for the recommendation, definitely gonna check them out, or the free appointment at least (though I'm not seeing that mentioned on their page).

Does anyone do botox shots themselves, to themselves?

Seems like a good recommendation.
    What I wouldn't give for that smooth forehead again.

It says they last for 3 to 4 months.
    Some places advertise up to 6 months?
    Do they just use more/better botox or is 3 to 4 months actually the standard everywhere?

So - 2 areas for forehead is the minimum - prices seem good at 180.
    Though some places say forehead, frown lines and eyes?
    But I guess they'll clarify that.

That's for the recommendation, definitely gonna check them out, or the free appointment at least (though I'm not seeing that mentioned on their page).

Does anyone do botox shots themselves, to themselves?

So it all depends on the persons metabolism and how fast their body breaks down the product. For some, that could be 3 months, for some it could be 6.
    But it does have preventative measures, see because you aren’t using the muscle for months at a time the lines tend to gradually soften.
    For example, when I first started getting Botox, I needed it redone every 4 months.
    Now, three years later, I only need a top up every 9/10 months.
    When the product wears down the lines aren’t as deep (from lack of muscle use) so I get longer between appointments.
    I haven’t had mine done since last May and my forehead is still smooth & line free now.
    Does that make sense?

Three areas aren’t necessary if it’s just your forehead you want to correct, however I get the 3 areas myself, but for the third I get it put into my chin to correct dimpling of the skin I have in that area.
    There are actually lots of areas it can be applied if you so wish, so I get two areas of the forehead and my chin.

I can’t emphasise enough how reckless and dangerous administering it yourself can be.
    Your face is full of tiny little nerves and veins and applying it even a millimetre out of place could leave you permanently paralysed - remember this is a muscle freezing treatment so can you imagine the damage that could do if placed in the wrong area?
    I saw one botched job where the young woman looked like she had suffered a stroke and there is nothing they can do for her, she’s stuck like that now.

All of the Eden Medical staff are qualified dentists, dentists arguably have the best and most thorough training in nerves in the face etc, so you’re in safe hands.

I’m 100% certain the consultation is free because I booked one myself for another treatment but decided not to go ahead with it and there was no charge.
    Let me know how you get on, best of luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement