Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iran-missile-attack-on-us-bases-in-iraq

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Thankfully the president is someone who ran on an anti war platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,660 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is that 10 or 99?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Looks like I'll be having nuclear fallout with my porridge come morning, goodnight

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

A second attack by Iran reported now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How will a war between Iran and the states start world war 3 ???

Will the UK ans Russia get involved somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Trump made a huge mistake.

Since being humiliated in Vietnam, the US has only attacked piss poor nations that it knew it could defeat comfortably.

Iran is a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/1214713856687259650
    All loss of life is tragic, but think that might make a bit of a difference to Americans, if US troops are killed they'll probably retaliate, if not then they'll save face and both sides might leave it at that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Looks like I'll be having nuclear fallout with my porridge come morning
    So basically Ready Brek as per usual? ;):D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

All loss of life is tragic, but think that might make a bit of a difference to Americans, if US troops are killed they'll probably retaliate, if not then they'll save face and both sides might leave it at that.

Is this deliberate by the Iranians? To avoid US deaths but satisfy the nation's short term thirst for blood then play the long game to avenge Soleimani when the furore dies down

I don't see WWIII here

• Advertisement

Looks like I'll be having nuclear fallout with my porridge come morning, goodnight

It goes well with freedom fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Could someone just lock him in the toilet or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Iran unlikely to be finished if this is a response.
    This is not good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,353 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I so hope you're right, but I think its more wishful thinking. Be glad be proven wrong. I think the **** about get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Listening to many interviews of policy experts is depressing.
    No one around Trump to tone him down or talk the idiot out of this madness.
    A lot more could happen in the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Biden has just said Trump can't start a war without permission from congress. I am like DUDE when has the law ever stopped trump doing something ..do NOT be so naive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Ipso wrote: »
    Thankfully the president is someone who ran on an anti war platform.

Ever since the inauguration it has been painfully clear that Trump has no platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Zebra3 wrote: »

Since being humiliated in Vietnam, the US has only attacked piss poor nations that it knew it could defeat comfortably.

Iran is a different story.

The Iraqi army was in the top 5 biggest militaries in the world ,the mostly densely populated air defences in the world ,tanks and infantry Divisions ,
    And they got humiliated in weeks..

Doesn't fit the narrative they only attack piss poor nations now does it ,I wouldn't bother mentioning Afghanistan either..

Iran isn't Iraq but America don't need to put a single foot on Iranian soil to do serious damage to the Iranian revolutionaries forces ,
    Yeah Iran increased some capabilities but they US also majorly updated and upgraded systems in the last few decades too since the first gulf war

Gatling wrote: »
    Iraq had in the top 5 biggest militaries in the world ,the mostly densely populated air defences in the world ,tanks and infantry Divisions ,
    And they got humiliated in weeks..

Doesn't fit the narrative they only attack piss poor nations now does it ,I wouldn't bother mentioning Afghanistan either

Iraq was also a dictatorship where many in the army probably fought out of fear, Iran seems more consolidated.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

namloc1980 wrote:
    Could someone just lock him in the toilet or something?

any casualties being reported?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

Go on Iran, sow it in to the bastards .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

MikeSoys wrote: »
    any casualties being reported?
    Inaccurate reports so far. Nothing concrete. Its been announced Trump will not address the nation tonight. Which is probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What does Dr Ebun have to say....?

unconfirmed reports Iraqis injured...no Americans.. but secret service taking every precaution and have locked Donald in his bathroom without his phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

"A thousand nations of the Persian empire descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun!"

🙈🙉🙊

Ipso wrote: »
    Iraq was also a dictatorship where many in the army probably fought out of fear, Iran seems more consolidated.

Both had no problems turning their militaries against their own populations on many occasions
    Iran's military might not be as popular to fight for ,

Big funeral is one thing ,but the same man ordered the killing of his own civilians to stop any decent ,

But time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Do they still get their 77 Virgin's.

Do they still get their 77 Virgin's.

Apparently not only Iraqis depending on which book of fairly tales they follow according to a few Irish boardies

no news from white house so thats a good sign....

• Advertisement

Biden has just said Trump can't start a war without permission from congress. I am like DUDE when has the law ever stopped trump doing something ..do NOT be so naive!

Congress has never stopped Biden and his president from massacring innocents.

Advertisement