Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iran-missile-attack-on-us-bases-in-iraq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

MikeSoys wrote: »
    no news from white house so thats a good sign....

Apparently apparently he was going to address the nation live on TV but cancelled .

Not necessarily good news , just means they might be planning what to hit in Iran a bit longer

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

trump changing his speach from '..impose serious sanctions..' to
    '..impose MAGA sanctions..'

..and France has just surrendered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Gatling wrote: »
    The Iraqi army was in the top 5 biggest militaries in the world ,the mostly densely populated air defences in the world ,tanks and infantry Divisions ,
    And they got humiliated in weeks..

Doesn't fit the narrative they only attack piss poor nations now does it ,I wouldn't bother mentioning Afghanistan either..

Iran isn't Iraq but America don't need to put a single foot on Iranian soil to do serious damage to the Iranian revolutionaries forces ,
    Yeah Iran increased some capabilities but they US also majorly updated and upgraded systems in the last few decades too since the first gulf war

Iran would go for the US allies. The likes of the Saudis have no water table. Those societies would have a humanitarian crisis in a second. Then oil facilities can easily be targeted. The Iranians successfully tried this recently. Then the disrupted trade in oil hurts the financial markets. Alot of complex finance stuff goes on with the money that underpins the oil trade. Americans ships are big expensive targets. Remember, as the cost of tech decreases, it gets easier for regimes to build smart weapons. As well, the terrain is a lot more difficult than Iraq. Then they'd have police the place afterwards. Bogged down again. Do they want that? Some do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

If Iran were smart they'd target a Trump Tower somewhere outside the US. Even wait to see if Trump wins reelection. If Trump loses then Iran can play with damaging the Trump brand. The US is hardly going to waste resources protecting a former president's commercial interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

I'm going to bed now, Wake me if anything important happens.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Congress has never stopped Biden and his president from massacring innocents.
    so you support trump then? Two wrongs make a right ? Lets kill em all.
    please just stop

I'm going to bed now, Wake me if anything important happens.

A boeing aircraft from the ukraine just crashed over Iran everyone on it is dead. Also iran suffered an earthquake today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I'm after getting my call up letter from the FCA.
    Need to bring bog roll , sun cream and sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,198 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I wouldn't bother. According to TV news the attack was a way of saving face for Iran . That might be rubbish though

cjmc wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother. According to TV news the attack was a way of saving face for Iran . That might be rubbish though

Several millions of people turned up at Soleimani's funeral. According to the BBC i don't think its rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

In the 1980 Hostage Crisis the Iranians demonstrated a sharp awareness of US domestic politics and how to manipulate them to their own advantage. Specifically they extended the hostage crisis to fatally damage Jimmy Carter in the 1980 election before releasing the hostages minutes after Reagan's inaugeration. It was alleged by high ranking people in a position to know that this was negotiated between the Iranians and Regan's people (specifically future CIA chiefs William Casey and George HW Bush), possibly in exchange for weapons under the table (Iran-Contra).

The Iranians may be doing something similar here and banking on Trump going into an election year with no desire to start a serious conflict.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

Jeez dont all the Trump haters just love it.

In your frenzy of posting to try and Blame or vilify Trump and also down play America you overlooked a huge glaring detail.

Tens of rockets fired at US air base. None of them struck their targets which means in Iran's attempt to kill lots of Americans their missiles were of such ancient technology they all failed. So most probably not much better than point and fire weapons. Something any follower of Youtube could knock up in their garden shed.

And that has Trump and America shaking in their boots?

Jeez dont all the Trump haters just love it.

Why are you loyal to a man who doesn't even know you exist?

What kind of love spell has the man cast on you? I have never seen anything like it.

You support his ideals? What ideals they change all the time.

You support his eloquent speeches?

You support his building a wall on a border you will never see?

What is it about this man you worship and adore?

On the quiet it was said by the white house to iran ...if you do things we can live with ...we can live with it.

So basically the man is a fake.

What kind of love spell has the man cast on you? I have never seen anything like it.

Oh dear.

I am loyal to no man especially to someone in a far off country, but on this point why are you 'obsessed' with this same person who takes up so much of your life? It can't be healthy for you.

I just pointed out a valid point and you question or attack the person for saying it.

Oh dear.

I am loyal to no man especially to someone in a far off country, but on this point why are you 'obsessed' with this same person who takes up so much of your life? It can't be healthy for you.

I just pointed out a valid point and you question or attack the person for saying it.
    I haven't mentioned trump barely all last year actually. Its just this was NEWS. You know.

You are loyal to him. You are one of his followers. A die hard. You may not know you are but you are.

You'll move to america to be with him...and he will try and keep you out ...and you will still adore him.

He could sleep with his followers wives and they would still adore him.

I dunno maybe people think by loving him ...they are less lonely.

Why are you loyal to a man who doesn't even know you exist? Why do you hate same?

What kind of love spell has the man cast on you? I have never seen anything like it. Already answered.

You support his ideals? What ideals they change all the time. Some I do. Some I dont.

You support his eloquent speeches? I never listen to any. Watching the grass grow is more interesting than listen to political people.

You support his building a wall on a border you will never see? I do not believe in open borders.

What is it about this man you worship and adore? Nothing

On the quiet it was said by the white house to iran ...if you do things we can live with ...we can live with it. ????????

So basically the man is a fake. And your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Homelander

I haven't mentioned trump barely all last year actually. Its just this was NEWS. You know.

You are loyal to him. You are one of his followers. A die hard. You may not know you are but you are.

You'll move to america to be with him...and he will try and keep you out ...and you will still adore him.

Jesus, put the drink down and go to bed.

Why are you loyal to a man who doesn't even know you exist? Why do you hate same?

What kind of love spell has the man cast on you? I have never seen anything like it. Already answered.

You support his ideals? What ideals they change all the time. Some I do. Some I dont.

You support his eloquent speeches? I never listen to any. Watching the grass grow is more interesting than listen to political people.

You support his building a wall on a border you will never see? I do not believe in open borders.

What is it about this man you worship and adore? Nothing

On the quiet it was said by the white house to iran ...if you do things we can live with ...we can live with it. ????????

So basically the man is a fake. And your point?

He said you can grab women by the pussy.

What have open borders got to do with a ****ing wall costing millions? What do open borders have to do with it you think the us has ****ing schlengen deal with mexico?

If you don't watch his speeches then you can't talk about him can you? You dont know enough to form an opinion.

He said you can grab women by the pussy.

What have open borders got to do with a ****ing wall costing millions? What do open borders have to do with it you think the us has ****ing schlengen deal with mexico?

If you don't watch his speeches then you can't talk about him can you? You dont know enough to form an opinion.

Well if your an expert on the man...........I'll give it a miss thanks so preach your sermon to someone else.

The border wall is in America done by Americans. This is Ireland.

Grabbing womens pussies is enjoyable except when you get married the woman won't let you near it then.

Homelander wrote: »
    Jesus, put the drink down and go to bed.

Its nine thirty am. I think you need to put down the drink. Do you know what day it is or do you need me to tell you?

By the way i didn't start with you....you started with me.

Well if your an expert on the man...........I'll give it a miss thanks so preach your sermon to someone else.
    Well stop posting in the thread so and i all will be well.

• Advertisement

Its interesting how trump supporters freak out when you argue rationally. They just personally abuse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭This is it

Did you bump your head? That's all kinds of drivel. You actually sound like Trump on one of his bizarre rants, which is ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Homelander

Its interesting how trump supporters freak out when you argue rationally. They just personally abuse you.

You actually are coming across as completely unhinged. Seriously. Just stop. You sound like the man himself.

Well stop posting in the thread so and i all will be well.

I posted on Iranian missiles at a US airbase, it was you who started the Trump stuff.

Well, that's awfully convenient. :rolleyes:

Perhaps, Soleimani was a secret follower of Trump. He just didn't know it. Oh! the Irony if that's true. Killed by his one true subconscious and unknowable love. So sad.

*Gasp* Maybe you are a Trump supporter... how would you know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

You support his ideals? What ideals they change all the time.

You support his eloquent speeches?

You support his building a wall on a border you will never see?

What is it about this man you worship and adore?

On the quiet it was said by the white house to iran ...if you do things we can live with ...we can live with it.

So basically the man is a fake.

Orange man bad

:rolleyes:

Perhaps, Soleimani was a secret follower of Trump. He just didn't know it. Oh! the Irony if that's true. Killed by his one true subconscious and unknowable love. So sad.

He does tend to destroy the lives of people who once helped him.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Orange man bad
    I don't argue with .....people ...like you.

I posted on Iranian missiles at a US airbase, it was you who started the Trump stuff.

If the Iranians had posted the missiles they would probably have done about the same amount of damage. Isn't it incredible to see that macho dick-waving is exactly the same wether it comes from 2 drunks outside a chipper after a night club or 2 military super powers showing off with a display of flashing missiles and loud bangs.

• Advertisement

And you could not talk about him civilly which says a lot about yourself rather than me.

Advertisement