Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iran-missile-attack-on-us-bases-in-iraq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Why are you surprised? Last nights attack was a complete failure, no a single American life lost.

I'm sure they will respond somehow, 22 missiles were fired at them, designed to hit or deliberately set off course to miss. Lets see what the assessment is later.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Yeah the rape figures what they hush up aint bad either.

Quite the opposite. Sweden documents every singular instance of rape (so a rape victim who has been raped multiple times will count as multiple rapes), and has a broader definition of what constitutes rape than most countries, hence it appears to have a greater problem based on the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

alastair wrote: »
    Quite the opposite. Sweden documents every singular instance of rape (so a rape victim who has been raped multiple times will count as multiple rapes), and has a broader definition of what constitutes rape than most countries, hence it appears to have a greater problem based on the numbers.

Really so who is committing these rapes of late oh Swedish Wiki?

so you support trump then? Two wrongs make a right ? Lets kill em all.
    please just stop

A boeing aircraft from the ukraine just crashed over Iran everyone on it is dead. Also iran suffered an earthquake today.

Says the supporter of Obama... the mass murderer.

I hate all killers, even if they're draped in the star spangled banner.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

I am no fan of Trump, but it was Liberal politics that put him there.

No it wasn't. There is such a bull**** double standard employed in political commentary these days. If someone on the left makes a mistake it erases all their good work. If someone on the right does something correct then it erases all their bad history.

Trump was put into power by the people who voted for him and they alone are to blame for putting him there. Could the left have performed better strategically? Absolutely. But that in no way excuses those who voted for Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Really so who is committing these rapes of late oh Swedish Wiki?

Takes a real committed person to get Swedish rape stats into a thread on war in Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

mondeo wrote: »
    I'm sure they will respond somehow, 22 missiles were fired at them, designed to hit or deliberately set off course to miss. Lets see what the assessment is later.

They'll probably pound some Iranian backed Hezbollah camps in Iraq or something like that, engaging in a bit of tit for tat proxy engagement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,898 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

That remains to be seen, and anyway, not everything is about money.

Correct which is why the standard of living surveys take all sorts of things into consideration aside from money and why it's called a standard of living survey not the highest paid workers survey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

Iran get to claim that they got revenge, by blowing up some sand, everyone nods along and things de-escalate. Fine. The only thing to worry about is their restarting enriching the boom-boom dust. Israel, Saudi and the US will not let them within an ar$e's roar of having the capability to make a device.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Why are you surprised? Last nights attack was a complete failure, not a single American life lost.

If the attack killed Americans, then the Americans would have no choice to go to war against Iran.

Maybe, just maybe, it was a skilled attack by Iran to show the Americans that they have the capability to hit targets accurately without forcing America to carpet bomb the country back to the stone age?

• Advertisement

Takes a real committed person to get Swedish rape stats into a thread on war in Iran.

Too true but I just get sick of being told how wrong I am and the people who keep us free even if there not perfect are always wrong............and all the others in the world are so feckin perfect and righteous.

If its so great living under these people and the other places in the world why dont they go and live there instead of preaching to us all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

BattleCorp wrote: »
    If the attack killed Americans, then the Americans would have no choice to go to war against Iran.

Maybe, just maybe, it was a skilled attack by Iran to show the Americans that they have the capability to hit targets accurately without forcing America to carpet bomb the country back to the stone age?

Whether or not life was lost, the U.S. could rightly see this as a war act against its people, and retaliate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

walshb wrote: »
    Whether or not life was lost, the U.S. could rightly see this as a war act against its people, and retaliate.

They still have the opportunity not to engage in full scale war with Iran. If 50 US soldiers were killed in the missile attack, there wouldn't be the opportunity to let things cool down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

No it wasn't. There is such a bull**** double standard employed in political commentary these days. If someone on the left makes a mistake it erases all their good work. If someone on the right does something correct then it erases all their bad history.

Trump was put into power by the people who voted for him and they alone are to blame for putting him there. Could the left have performed better strategically? Absolutely. But that in no way excuses those who voted for Trump.

You are missing the point. Trump supporters don't necessarily see the "good" things that Obama introduced like for example ObamaCare as good things. Some just came to the conclusion that they were being screwed because their monthly tax bill going up 10% because of it.

You are missing the point. Trump supporters don't necessarily see the "good" things that Obama introduced like for example ObamaCare as good things. Some just came to the conclusion that they were being screwed because their monthly tax bill going up 10% because of it.
    Why cant you lot get this 'Trump' obsession out of your heads and stop trying to educate/bore us all with the ****e.

The vast majority of people dont give a fuk about Trump and are actually beginning to like him because he riles you idiots so much.

More to the point we dont care or want to know about Obama either.

This is ........ IRELAND

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

walshb wrote: »

Are you for real? An illegal act of war was already committed by the US. The response was mild to say the least.

Why cant you lot get this 'Trump' obsession out of your heads and stop trying to educate/bore us all with the ****e.

The vast majority of people dont give a fuk about Trump and are actually beginning to like him because he riles you idiots so much.

More to the point we dont care or want to know about Obama either.

This is ........ IRELAND

And you are educating us by calling everybody who discusses Trump idiots? Good strategy. Sleep it off.

And you are educating us by calling everybody who discusses Trump idiots? Good strategy. Sleep it off.

So why arent you constantly boring everybody about the president of say Spain, or Morroco, or China or Japan?

You seriously have some kind of problem. Trump phobia or fetish.

So why arent you constantly boring everybody about the president of say Spain, or Morroco, or China or Japan?

Maybe because they weren't the presidents who took out the second in command in Iran and thus prompted the revenge missile attacks on the US bases in Iraq.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Maybe because they weren't the presidents who took out the second in command in Iran and thus prompted the revenge missile attacks on the US bases in Iraq.:rolleyes:

Don't be silly. I'd say it's simply because the loser presidents in those loser countries don't have accounts on boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It would have happened regardless of who the president was. The problem is the US and the real people who control it. Not just Trump.

What about Libya and Syria under lord Obama or Iraq and Afghanistan under Bush. There have been others since too.

All part of a long term plan laid out in 2003 as detailed by General Wesley Clarke.

I am sure thats relevent but not how people who support Trump dont know what they are on about and what the great Obama did........is not.........and nobody gives a ****.

I am sure thats relevent but not how people who support Trump dont know what they are on about and the great Obama did........is not.........and nobody gives a ****.
    I am starting to get bored with you to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

BloodBath wrote: »
    Are you for real? An illegal act of war was already committed by the US. The response was mild to say the least.

Hey, I am not taking sides here. I disagree with what the U.S. did.

I simply made a point. The U.S. could see view the Iranian missile strikes as an act of war..

The Iranians could view the general’s assassination as an act of war...

See, no sides taken!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

BloodBath wrote:

That’s a fairly specific assertion not universally held.

Which bit was illegal? The fact that there was a drone strike in Iraq, the sort of thing which has been going on for the last decade, or the fact that it was a member of a foreign military taking part in conducting operations against the US?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

That’s a fairly specific assertion not universally held.

Which bit was illegal? The fact that there was a drone strike in Iraq, the sort of thing which has been going on for the last decade, or the fact that it was a member of a foreign military taking part in conducting operations against the US?

I presume you have evidence for this "conducting operations" or "imminent attack"?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

We do acknowledge the good things Obama did like taking out Bin Laden... just like Trump taking out Soleimani. Wouldn't you agree?

The only good thing about ObamaCare is people with pre-existing conditions were able to get somewhat affordable insurance. Of course people like me paid through the nose for them to get it. My insurance rates skyrocketed with ObamaCare.

What other good things did Obama accomplish?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

BloodBath wrote: »

This is not correct.

What is illegal is talking about a government official just like that. Although he was a Government official he also DID spearhead operations against american interests, american personal/civilians in the past and continued to plot further such attacks in the future.

Therefore has was a threat to the US and therefore the US were legally entitled to take action in self defense.

The fact he was an Iranian Gov official doesn't NOT exempt him from the consequences of his activities.

notobtuse wrote: »
    We do acknowledge the good things Obama did like taking out Bin Laden... just like Trump taking out Soleimani. Wouldn't you agree?

The only good thing about ObamaCare is people with pre-existing conditions were able to get somewhat affordable insurance. Of course people like me paid through the nose for them to get it. My insurance rates skyrocketed with ObamaCare.

What other good things did Obama accomplish?

I am not arguing with you. I am just attempting to view the situation from a Trump supporter's eyes.
    I am not a Trump supporter, but I can see how Trump destroyed everything Obama did with a couple of one line slogans. One line slogans seem to work very well.
    "I will Build a wall", "Drain The Swamp", "Lock Her Up", "Make America great again", "We gave Iran bundles of cash as big as this stage", "ObamaCare is a broken mess".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah the rape figures what they hush up aint bad either.

You can't be serious.

Even if isolated instances of "hushed up rape' could be proven, where does that out the tape rate compared to the US?

How does Sweden compare on gun violence?

Just a meaningless throwaway comment.

Advertisement