Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iran-missile-attack-on-us-bases-in-iraq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I am not arguing with you. I am just attempting to view the situation from a Trump supporter's eyes.
    I am not a Trump supporter, but I can see how Trump destroyed everything Obama did with a couple of one line slogans. One line slogans seem to work very well.
    "I will Build a wall", "Drain The Swamp", "Lock Her Up", "Make America great again", "We gave Iran bundles of cash as big as this stage", "ObamaCare is a broken mess".
    The deep state and swamp is very real and a pox on the US. Trump is right to do what he can to tackle it. Here is a very interesting interview with Judge Joe Brown, a lawyer, judge, and highly respected television personality. One of the most interesting interviews I’ve seen in ages. He tackles the claim of Trump racism, and near the end some very shocking revelations about the Bush’s and Obama. It should be noted he’s a democrat. I can’t verify what he says and claims to be true but the entire interview is well worth a watch.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

noodler wrote: »
    You can't be serious.

Even if isolated instances of "hushed up rape' could be proven, where does that out the tape rate compared to the US?

How does Sweden compare on gun violence?

Just a meaningless throwaway comment.

And a patently incorrect one to begin with. Sweden has a much better record on reporting and recording rape than most countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

notobtuse wrote: »
    The deep state and swamp is very real and a pox on the US. Trump is right to do what he can to tackle it.

I can't believe there are still people peddling this delusional claim. After all the stuff that has been revealed about Trump, his personal, political and business dealings, people still type this nonsense about him draining the swamp and fighting the deep state.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

notobtuse wrote: »
    The deep state and swamp is very real and a pox on the US. Trump is right to do what he can to tackle it. Here is a very interesting interview with Judge Joe Brown, a lawyer, judge, and highly respected television personality. One of the most interesting interviews I’ve seen in ages. He tackles the claim of Trump racism, and near the end some very shocking revelations about the Bush’s and Obama. It should be noted he’s a democrat. I can’t verify what he says and claims to be true but the entire interview is well worth a watch.

Never heard of that guy before but that's fascinating if true. I get the impression he sees life as it is. Definitely looking him up.

• Advertisement

I can't believe there are still people peddling this delusional claim. After all the stuff that has been revealed about Trump, his personal, political and business dealings, people still type this nonsense about him draining the swamp and fighting the deep state.
    Head meet sand.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Head meet clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Fonny122

Can someone give a clear explanation as to what exactly this 'deep state' is?

Fonny122 wrote: »
    I'll try.

Big institutions, inside and outside of government, are so entrenched it's hard to bring any real change because political options are often very limited in getting accomplished.

Here’s the example I often use. A mid/high ranking government official says: I don’t care what the president says or wants. I’m gonna keep doing what I want because I’m here for life and he’s gonna be gone in four years, and it's nearly impossible to get rid of someone in a government job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Fonny122 wrote: »

Deep state: is people of influence who are not appointed (elected) but have plenty of authority and power (behind the scenes) to manipulate politicians when they're determining things about the economy and foreign affairs. They are the real power in Washington.

Example would be defence contractor Raytheon. They set up operations where payment can be given to politicians, lawmakers and parties to influence them when making decisions.

• Advertisement

Iran commander said they targeted the command and control of the base.  That's basically the nerve center of operations. Iran claim yet the images do show the Iranian missiles wiped out constructions inside the base. Taking out the nerve center make the base more vulnerable to further attacks and shuts down communication connections. The US is not acknowledging the truth about this strike. US stance the destruction was minimal. 

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Iran commander , Iran claim,

The US is not acknowledging the truth about this strike. US stance the destruction was minimal. 

Sure didn't Iran claim the fired tens of missiles , then to was dozens and dozens , then they said it launched 30 missiles.
    Then they claimed they killed 30.+ American soldiers,

Then you claimed they missed on purpose just to show that they could ,then it was claimed it was all prearranged and pre agreed they would hit an empty part of a base and Iran didn't want to cause any casualties (death to America remember).
    Then they shotdown flight 752 with missiles and again it claimed it didn't happen.
    It was a technical fault ,it was an engine fire it was was flying back to the airport all lies ,
    Multiple videos posted of the shooting down of flight 752 and it's still denied ,
    Now it's they hit the command center .
    And America is hiding the damage ,
    The real damage was hidden because they didn't show any photos of the damage at night yes this was claimed.
    Day light photos show a few damaged tents and some how America is hiding.

Seems Iran and supporters don't seem to be capable of telling the truth about anything

Gatling wrote: »
    Sure didn't Iran claim the fired tens of missiles , then to was dozens and dozens , then they said it launched 30 missiles.
    Then they claimed they killed 30.+ American soldiers,

Then you claimed they missed on purpose just to show that they could ,then it was claimed it was all prearranged and pre agreed they would hit an empty part of a base and Iran didn't want to cause any casualties (death to America remember).
    Then they shotdown flight 752 with missiles and again it claimed it didn't happen.
    It was a technical fault ,it was an engine fire it was was flying back to the airport all lies ,
    Multiple videos posted of the shooting down of flight 752 and it's still denied ,
    Now it's they hit the command center .
    And America is hiding the damage ,
    The real damage was hidden because they didn't show any photos of the damage at night yes this was claimed.
    Day light photos show a few damaged tents and some how America is hiding.

Seems Iran and supporters don't seem to be capable of telling the truth about anything

There Arab sources reporting that dozens of missiles were launched, but occasionally the deciphering can be wrong.
    Twitter is a predominantly English social media website. The Twitter- Microsoft translate version is often terrible. 

IRGC likely said over Dozen, but individuals translated it as dozens?

They're a lot of page sites on Twitter and you often can get false reports.

Even Fox News Reporter said three of US bases were attacked that night. Iran targeted only two bases that night.

30+ soldiers was coming from Arab page sites and reporters used it, i think it was just propaganda spread online. 

Known IRGC and Iran leaders did not claim they killed anyone. 

The daylight images do show they took out base buildings, i showed you an image of blown up building, its clearly that not a tent.  Yes large sized hanger tents likewise damaged. 

That's a building
    499693.png

Iran demolished it.
    499694.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Deep state: is people of influence who are not appointed (elected) but have plenty of authority and power (behind the scenes) to manipulate politicians when they're determining things about the economy and foreign affairs. They are the real power in Washington.

Example would be defence contractor Raytheon. They set up operations where payment can be given to politicians, lawmakers and parties to influence them when making decisions.

So what's the difference between this "deep state" contractor and a plain lobbyist? And how is Trump not part of this system?

There Arab sources reporting that dozens of missiles were launched, but occasionally the deciphering can be wrong.
    Twitter is a predominantly English social media website. The Twitter- Microsoft translate version is often terrible. 

IRGC likely said over Dozen, but individuals translated it as dozens?

They're a lot of page sites on Twitter and you often can get false reports.

Even Fox News Reporter said three of US bases were attacked that night. Iran targeted only two bases that night.

30+ soldiers was coming from Arab page sites and reporters used it, i think it was just propaganda spread online. 

Known IRGC and Iran leaders did not claim they killed anyone. 

That's is absolutely desperate .

Didn't think the back tracking and makey uppey stuff could get worse and now some how it's Arabs and Microsoft translators fault !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Didn't think the back tracking and makey uppey stuff could get worse and now some how it's Arabs and Microsoft translators fault !!!

Jaysus do some posters even read the ****e they post:pac:

Living in clown world to come up with the crap.

You don't use twitter, you said so.
    Pages are in Persian/ Farsi. They have to be translated to English.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

volchitsa wrote: »
    So what's the difference between this "deep state" contractor and a plain lobbyist? And how is Trump not part of this system?

Exactly, trump has an ad that will run during half time of the super bowl, at a cost of over $10m. His campaign finances would make ya sick..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-and-the-gop-raised-almost-half-a-billion-dollars-last-year--and-still-had-nearly-200-million-heading-into-2020/2020/01/03/10ba1612-2dad-11ea-bcd4-24597950008f_story.html

To have a good take on the deep state, listen to Joe Rogan and Edward snowden interview.. fore warning it's long.. 2 and a half hours iirc.

You don't use twitter, you said so

No I don't .

But Iranian military and Iranian media and Iranian leadership , didn't use Twatter to make public statements

Can't blame an app or Arabs on that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I'm nearly sure most of the stuff you're absolutely not letting go of, is early reporting of what was happening.. less we forget you didn't believe it was actually happening retorting cheerful spring2 with a tweet that was nearly 2 hours old?. Early reporting of things are usually all over the place let it go. You absolutely soapboxed the crap out of the last thread and got banned.

• Advertisement

No I don't .

But Iranian military and Iranian media and Iranian leadership , didn't use Twatter to make public statements

Wrong again. This is the official twitter of the leader of Iran 
    https://twitter.com/khamenei_ir?lang=en

Posts in English for the world to read. Many Iranian leaders post on Twitter in English. Iran regular users and news channels ( Farsi/ Persian) 

Wrong again.  

I'm not talking about Twatter.

volchitsa wrote: »

Lobbyist is a go-between (a hired middle person) who speaks for companies and associations and if a profitable contract was being negotiated and their many bidders for the contract. The middle guy will be sent in to influence the final decision . There's all types of lobbying that can be done to influence politicians, business leaders and local town and city leaders. 

Regards Trump he's guided by his business partners. Trump was bankrupt in the past and he got bailed out by rich American/ Jewish businessman. Its reason he so attached to the Israeli lobby. He would be ruined only for them. Plus the Saudis are buying US military machinery so he never turn against them.Everything he does is based around making rich people better off. I think the Russiagate material was mostly false, but not entirely, he definitely has contacts with Russian oligarchs, who maybe known Putin or don't know him. It's uncertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No I don't .

Only Trump does that

Only Trump does that

he said he took out Soleimani

Iran said it launched 30 missiles ,killed tens of Americans soldiers,and didn't shoot down flight 752

Only one of those statements happened and was correct

he said he took out Soleimani

Iran said it launched 30 missiles ,killed tens of Americans soldiers,and didn't shoot down flight 752

Only one of those statements happened and was correct

Did Trump personally push a button?

Washington Post/ Us official Just admitted to Washington Post Iran destroyed this at least.

Al Asad following Iran's attack, per defense official:

One severely damaged Black Hawk
    One damaged aerial drone
    Damaged taxiways, aircraft ramp
    Nine destroyed maintenance shelters
    Three destroyed pickup trucks

https://twitter.com/DanLamothe/status/1215732495901241346

Did Trump personally push a button?

He ordered a general or commander ,who in turn rang a base in Nevada? Who told a drone operator to engage the target while sitting in a cushy gaming chair ,

You of all people obviously know how the chain of command works ,
    It's not like the queen or prime minister's push buttons in any military ops.

He ordered a general or commander ,who in turn rang a base in Nevada? Who told a drone operator to engage the target while sitting in a cushy gaming chair ,

So we agree, he did fcuk all really, he gave an order safe from any danger, seems to be how he lives his life, draft dodging lowlife imo
    You of all people obviously know how the chain of command works ,
    It's not like the queen or prime minister's push buttons in any military ops.

I do indeed, rich men give orders and poor men die. And then people like you cheer and clap from the safety of your luxurious life.

• Advertisement

Looks like the United States is refusing to leave?

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1215777105998483456

Advertisement