Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton T90SR---does anyone have one??

• 08-01-2020 8:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Folks

Thinking of changing my T80 to a T90sr, would anyone reccommend it...i've bought the shower and have to install. I know the t90 is gravity fed but when I cant seem to get any figures, even from Triton, as to the actual pressure the pumped shower gives out...It cant be worse than the mains pressure, thats not great in our area....
    Any experiences out there, how to increase the pressure...I've even looked at the salamander pumps....

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I have one, can't give you any figures either, it replaced a Triton T90 XR I think in my case, I'm certainly happy with it, it's pretty quiet too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The difference between mains fed showers & tank fed showers isn't the pressure the put out. Its the pressure the require to work & the maximum pressure they can have entering them.

Triton T90SR can have a Maximum of 3/4 bar of pressure coming into the shower. Triton T80Z needs a minimum of 3/4 bar of pressure. They are both 9KW showers so the pressure at any particular temperature will be almost identical. The Triton T90SR will have constant pressure because it has a built in pump. The T80Z might not have constant pressure & it might go hot & cold with other people in the house or area using water at the same time

If you install the Triton T90SR you will need to replumb it so it's water supply comes from the cold water tank. Connecting it to the mains voids the warranty

EDIT: Triton can't give you figures because the question on what pressure it puts out is a how long is a piece of string question. The higher your attic tank the better pressure The T90SR will have (cold water only). The more 3/4 pipe & having little or no elbows on the run increases pressure. The pressure will be better if you install the T90SR downstairs. Impossible for Triton to tell you what the pressure will be & it doesn't matter because you will have to slow the water down to get warm water. My Triton T90SR downstairs can put out arpond 10 LPM. This makes it a power shower for cold water. I have to reduce this flow to 3.5/4.5 LPM to have a hot shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The difference between mains fed showers & tank fed showers isn't the pressure the put out. Its the pressure the require to work & the maximum pressure they can have entering them.

Triton T90SR can have a Maximum of 3/4 bar of pressure coming into the shower. Triton T80Z needs a minimum of 3/4 bar of pressure. They are both 9KW showers so the pressure at any particular temperature will be almost identical. The Triton T90SR will have constant pressure because it has a built in pump. The T80Z might not have constant pressure & it might go hot & cold with other people in the house or area using water at the same time

If you install the Triton T90SR you will need to replumb it so it's water supply comes from the cold water tank. Connecting it to the mains voids the warranty

EDIT: Triton can't give you figures because the question on what pressure it puts out is a how long is a piece of string question. The higher your attic tank the better pressure The T90SR will have (cold water only). The more 3/4 pipe & having little or no elbows on the run increases pressure. The pressure will be better if you install the T90SR downstairs. Impossible for Triton to tell you what the pressure will be & it doesn't matter because you will have to slow the water down to get warm water. My Triton T90SR downstairs can put out arpond 10 LPM. This makes it a power shower for cold water. I have to reduce this flow to 3.5/4.5 LPM to have a hot shower.

Thanks a lot for that....Good information....I know it has to go into the tank ok and not the water mains direct...

I'll have a 3/4 inch pipe from the tank going to a 1/2 inch it seems, to the shower, ...about three feet above where the shower is on the wall is where the tank is, maybe a little higher.
    I guess its a function of how quickly it can heat the water, at least it wont go hot & cold when someone uses the mains water downstairs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Replaced a T90Z with a T90SR as needed quieter shower with a baby nearby. Night and day in terms of loudness, great shower.

Pressure's fine, seems to be slightly less than our pervious unit but still very acceptable.

I think there's a newer unit out too in the silent range.

Edit: It's pumped electric shower so you shouldn't really need another pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

I put off getting electric shower years as In my friends house the Noise of it oh my god like a drill. The other side of the wall i sleep and its hollow plasterboard stud wall. You can hear everything. I assumed putting it in would be a pain with noise. Its actually so quiet like a feint hummm
    Very very quiet. I was VERY surprised Great Shower

• Advertisement
Advertisement