Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Transformer

Options
  • 08-01-2020 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a transformer to power some of those LED strip lights- approx 2m.

I've not worked out the wattage demand of the LED strip yet but I'm wanting to know what brands are recommended.
    I've got one in the house already which is a Click TR301 (12V/1mA) and it is a bit flickery on a ~3m run.
    I was considering getting a higher amperage transformer and switching the two to see if I could improve the flickering.

So, any recommended brands? I was considering the following best seller on Amazon, but just wanted some feedback prior to purchasing:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M0SI4MQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3LNVJZTMD0AO8&psc=1

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

You require an “LED driver” not a transformer. It is generally best not to source items such as this from Amazon. They tend to flood the market with a lot of cheap and nasty electrical equipment in my opinion. I would think it would be better to purchase these from an electrical wholesaler. I don’t get involved in domestic electrical work so others may be better placed to advise on manufacturers. Makes like Robus spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I've only local access to Screwfix who only have: https://www.screwfix.com/p/aurora-12-240v-constant-voltage-led-driver-25w/4338t

The reviews are not good so I'm forced to online retailers.

What about these ones?
    Lumilife
    Deltech
    Varilight
    Megaman

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I meant a bricks and mortar type shop would be preferable such as ND Electrical, Kellighers, Eurosales, NEW etc.

Advertisement