Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Cost Build Pricing for Older Steam Collection

Options
  • 08-01-2020 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I haven't played any games on the PC in years as it's been relegated to the bedroom. The missus goes to bed early and with a toddler in the house the only time I get to play games is in the evening. Since my current PC is really rather old (pre-Core CPU days) it'd make sense to build a new one. I have a fairly sizable Steam collection that should keep me occupied for a few years so adding new games isn't a priority as I have a PS4 and will most likely buy into the PS5 when that comes out.
    Ideally I'd like to build a PC for as little cost as possible that will go into the living room. It should be small and would be amazing if it could fit into one of the spaces in the TV cabinet below (56 x 47 x 11cm):

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/hemnes-tv-unit-light-brown-80339219/

That might be a tight squeeze so it's not an absolute must, I could fit it elsewhere. Being in the living room it'd need to be relatively quiet. Attached is a list of the games- there's nothing in there that should tax a modern system I think. Any idea of a rough cost to build something that will run the attached games? A small footprint being a key goal.

Comments

Advertisement