Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Young Scientist Exhibition 2020

• 08-01-2020 9:10am

Heard that it's on now. First I heard. No build up in social media.
    What projects are on?
    Is this the first thread on boards about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pantomine2020

xieann wrote: »
    Heard that it's on now. First I heard. No build up in social media.
    What projects are on?
    Is this the first thread on boards about it?

This year will be mostly climate change related projects, should be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

This year will be mostly climate change related projects, should be interesting

That seemed to be the trend alright and the winners project was based on a societial/gender issue rather than other years such as pure maths/science/engineering.

2019 winner -

Optimizing the simulation of general quantum circuits’

2018 winner -

Investigation of the antimicrobial effects of both aerial and root parts of selected plants against Staphylococcus aureus.’

2017 winner -

‘qCrypt: The quantum-secure, encrypted, data storage solution with multijurisdictional quorum sharding technology’

It was more of a social science question this year

2020 winners

Analysis of the prevalence of gender stereotyping in five to seven year-olds.

---

To be honest I found it refreshing, because at least could understand what the winning project was about this year! :o

Normally goes way over my head!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement