Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI (2 to 1) Cable Not Working

• 08-01-2020 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi,

I have 2 set-top boxes that I connect by HDMI Cable to my TV (switching connections each time).

I purchased a product with the following description
    "2 Way HDMI Switcher Cable; Dual HDMI Switch, Gold Plated 2-Port HDMI Switcher. 2 IN 1 OUT. Connect 2 HD Devices. "

When I connect everything up and power on my main device, I very briefly can see the TV station, but then it immediately goes to "No Signal".

The second device, although connected, is not powered on.

I sent a complaint to the supplier and I got the following reply, which I do not understand.

"Any HDMI box will recognize 'active' devices, and will normally switch to the active device. However, some devices are seen as 'active' when on standby. Manual or automatic switcher."

Any help would be appreciated.

Tommy

Advertisement