Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masters 2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Another mistake from her, obvious free ball there.
    Are there only two referees doing the whole tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

There's something not right losing 10/10 to Stuart Bingham. Still bamboozled by this stat. Probably 11/11 in a couple of hours. Its laughable really.

Gilbert hasn't settled at all. Losing this frame will be a real sickner for him.

Dave has lost his mojo. When he's bad, he's really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

As bonkers a frame as I've seen for some time. Terrific fun to watch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭waynescales1

How did Bingham win that frame. 30 behind and almost every ball on the cushion. The in off and still Gilbert couldn’t convert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

3-0 Bingham. Gilbert is missing shots that he was getting with his eyes closed in his first two matches. Worrying for him.

Looking like a London (well Essex to be precise) derby tomorrow. Bingo v the Captain Carter. Will the crowd be up for that? The Essex Boys.

Just how relaxed bingham is, the way he just smiled when the attempted snooker went hideously wrong on him. Gilbert just cant match that mentality, means too much to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

3-0 Bingham. Gilbert is missing shots that he was getting with his eyes closed in his first two matches. Worrying for him.

Yeah, Interval can't come soon enough.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

C'mon Gilbert - get your act together. Don't bottle to Bingham of all players.

Bingham said he was a little peeved at Gilberts celebrations and the way he kind of dismissed him when he beat him 3-0 as a 15 year old and how he has always kept that in mind all these years. Bloody heck thats some grudge.

Yeah, Interval can't come soon enough.

3-1 at MSI. Not great for Gilbert. Carter will be sitting at home hoping it will go all the way.

The rabbit has hopped.

A lot of drink on board the Ally Pally patrons judging by the raucous cheering that went on a little long for just the players reappearing.

• Advertisement

Bingham gifting Gilbert chance after chance here, but he's not taking advantage.

Three chsnces this frame and he's scored 26! But its a match now at least, bingham looking a bit ropey himself now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Standard of long potting is brutal, 2-3 inches away from pocket

It's been the same all week.

Standard all week has been well below par.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure but i'd guess the total centuries are well off the average total, this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Virgo and Hendry seem to be struggling to even feign interest/drama already.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Virgo and Hendry seem to be struggling to even feign interest/drama already.

Ronnie looks about as interested as a vegan in a butchers.

But no matter what, Joe Johnson will talk 100 words a minute.

Ronnie looks about as interested as a vegan in a butchers.

He has some neck not playing in it AND commentating on Eurosport. It makes no sense to me. If he wanted a break fair enough, but don't go to the tournament and commentate on it!

I am not an Ali Carter fan, but I am hoping he wins it tomorrow just for the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

I'm not sure but i'd guess the total centuries are well off the average total, this year.

Think they said it's 10 behind last year's total. Poor enough renewal of the masters this year.

It's going to be a case of the least worst player winning this tournament, the standard isn't great at all.

He has some neck not playing in it AND commentating on Eurosport. It makes no sense to me. If he wanted a break fair enough, but don't go to the tournament and commentate on it!

I am not an Ali Carter fan, but I am hoping he wins it tomorrow just for the irony.

I said that already on here on first night i think. Thought it was wrong that he was in the Ally and doing punditry. Taking the piss really. I'm a fan but he went down a bit in my mind with that carry on. He's been acting the maggot all his career i guess but this is ridiculous.

I said that already on here on first night i think. Thought it was wrong that he was in the Ally and doing punditry. Taking the piss really. I'm a fan but he went down a bit in my mind with that carry on. He's been acting the maggot all his career i guess but this is ridiculous.

He seems to have decided (back in May) not to play in the Masters, UK and World anymore.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/snooker/2019/05/23/exclusive-ronnie-osullivan-interview-dont-want-play-world-championship/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_fb

“This year I played 11 tournaments; next year I’m only going to have to play three,” he declares. “I only want to play a few games to keep a bit of interest. I’m bored at home. Maybe three or four tournaments a year. Low key ones, where there is no media and no press. So I will miss the Masters, I will miss the World Championship and I will miss the UK [Championship]

“I don’t even want to play in the World Championship - all the press and media they want you to do. I’m not here for that. It’s alright for young kids who have never won the world title and it’s their dream. To me it’s overrated. It’s great when you win it - a week later it sinks in. I’ve won it five times mate. It ain’t worth the blood, sweat and tears to me now. That tournament? Probably not for me anymore.”...

Hendry got there with the 'Ball Run Bingham' comment before me.

I suppose Carter will win the final handy enough?

• Advertisement

Id have Bingham favourite. I'll go 10-8 Bingo in tomorrows final.

Bingham for me. Not been great this week but has a solid big match temperament which just swings it for me.

I feel like I wasted the day watching two pretty dull semi's.

Dave Gilbert seems like a bit of character -"people say I am the nearly man, but I used to be the nowhere man!"

My fear is that it will be a slow, scrappy, low-quality final, but they may prove me wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

A Bingham Carter final really doesn't appeal to me at all, so I'll prob give this a miss. I know I risk missing out on some magic, but neither player floats my boat, & while Bingham seems a grand lad, & I hope he wins, it isn't what I'd call a box-office final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

AllForIt wrote: »
    I feel like I wasted the day watching two pretty dull semi's.

Thats what she said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Pretty poor semi finals and I suspect the final won't be much better.

I'm not a fan of either player, especially Carter, he comes across like a pompous twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Dunno why EuroSport hired Ronnie, he's clearly not interested and a bit disrespectful imo.

I like McManus, Davis, Doherty, Hendry as pundits.

• Advertisement

No Ronnie on Eurosport today? Will he be on later? Makes no sense to be in studio all week and then miss the final. Dont remember him doing that before. Maybe he'll be on for evening session. We have Joe Perry in studio instead. How exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Brendan Moore, the main man, taking charge of the final. We’re in safe hands today.

Carter tournament safety success rate 81%. Thats hugely impressive. Bingham good too with 77%. Probably going to be the decisive factor today, one for the purists perhaps.

Ali starts off with his first century of the week. Quality break. The Captain has lift off!!

Awful miss by Ali in frame two after a brilliant opening red. Wont do his confidence any good to miss a sitter like that. Had a chance to really put the squeeze on Bingham but now Bingo is favourite to restore parity.

Carter's woeful miss has resulted in Bingham drawing level. 1-1. Decent standard so far.

• Advertisement

Well, not the dour safety fest i predicted exactly. Decent opening both players, carters miss apart.

Ali not enjoying Bingham's childish horseplay with the crowd. Bit early for that nonsense.

Good match. Both rising to the occasion so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

Bingham 10-7 ?

That was careless from carter, lucky to get away with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement