Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Masters 2020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

FR01 wrote: »
    Bingham 10-7 ?

I think it will be close. I can't see either of them running away with this.

Bingham clears up to steal the frame and Carter looks furious. 2-1 Bingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

They'll both make mistakes but think bingham will capitalise more, like there. Good stuff from both so far.

Carter is rattled now and making errors. But Bingham messed up royally there.

7 reds and 7 blacks for Carter, but that kick would seem to have ruined his shot at a maximum.

All-square at the midsession interval. Seems a fair reflection of the match so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Wonder will this be tit for tat the whole way. Neither player looks capable of dominating. Could make for an enjoyable evening of tense drama.

Dramatic frame!

I don't understand Carter's shot choices there on the black. He gifted Bingham the frame in the end by attempting risky doubles. 3-3 now.

Didnt mind the last shot, he just hit it too hard. Black shouldnt have been going anywhere near baulk cushion or pocket. Looks rattled now with that poor break off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

I don't understand Carter's shot choices there on the black. He gifted Bingham the frame in the end by attempting risky doubles. 3-3 now.

I thought he shpuld have doubled the first black into the top corner pocket and not the middle. The angle was nice for thd top pocket and would have been bringing the white down the table to relative safety. The middle was never on. Very poor decision making the last effort was diabolical. Never surprises me how mentally/tactically weak so many players are. Great potters all but no wonder John Higgins won so much as he rarely played a stupid shot.

Another missed rest shot from carter. His rest stats must be shocking.

And bingham misses with the rest too. Its contagious!

Ballrun!!!

A fluke wins Bingham the last frame of the session, and he leads 5-3 going into tonight.

Ballrun with some outrageous luck towards the end of that last frame. Carter can be forgiven for shaking his head in disbelief. Hendry says that last fluke on the yellow, along with perfect position on the green, was the biggest fluke he's ever seen in snooker. Ever!

Bingham actually mucked that shot up as cue ball came back far too pacy off the bump and just ended up getting him plum on the green. Outrageous. But no way more astonishing than maguires shot, Stephen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

A fluke wins Bingham the last frame of the session, and he leads 5-3 going into tonight.

Was it any good or was it all scrappy stuff? Was watching the gaa matches. Probably should have watched the snooker instead.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I missed all the snooker yesterday and this afternoons session, but I’ve just settled onto the couch for this evenings session. Hoping for a tense, long and tight session with Bingham coming out on top!

I'd like to see Ali win tonight as he's never won a Triple Crown and Bingham has. Simple as that. Spread the prestige.

No sign of Ronnie. What pundit hangs around all week and then gives the final a miss? Just in case his replacement wins it perhaps?

• Advertisement

I missed all the snooker yesterday and this afternoons session, but I’ve just settled onto the couch for this evenings session. Hoping for a tense, long and tight session with Bingham coming out on top!

Pretty confident you will get your wish. Midnight finish not beyond the realm of possibility.

Pretty confident you will get your wish. Midnight finish not beyond the realm of possibility.

If it works out that way, I won’t feel so bad about missing the afternoon session as I’ll get loads of snooker tonight :p

Will head over to next years Masters again. Final nearly sold out already. I'll catch two quarters and a semi. Hopefully Ronnie will throw his hat in the ring.

Have to say the name Ballrun is well earned judging on todays match. So much for evening itself out. So far in this match Ballrun has had 90% of the luck.

At least he hit the right side of the red that time. Progress!

Nice one, Ali. Looking like 5-5. Think i'll put the kettle on. Could be a long night. Sweet.

• Advertisement

Bingham barely club standard since the resumption. Gonna have to up his game.

Bingham looks like a confused man at the moment. 4 snookers to tie?

I think cos black was in jaws he thought there might be a chance of a 7 pointer. If so i think thats fair enough.

6-5 Carter. The contrast in demeanour between both players is very noticeable. Carter looks like a man on a mission, Bingham looks like he’s ready for bed.

6-5 Carter. The contrast in demeanour between both players is very noticeable. Carter looks like a man on a mission, Bingham looks like he’s ready for bed.

I’d agree about Ali, but Bingham just looks out of sorts. His last miss with the rest he seemed to just get himself confused over which option to take. I’m surprised he didn’t step out of the arena for a break at any point yet. Bingham really needs this frame just to settle himself

• Advertisement

Good stuff Ali! Keep it going and you'll be remembered forever!

4-0 for the mini session, finishes with a 133, Ali Carter in the zone at the moment. Looking very focused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

Bingham might as well give his cue to Patsy Fagan, he couldn't do any worse.
    Dire stuff from Bingham.

There i was pre-match praising bingham for his big match temperament. Not much evidence of it so far this session anyway.

In relation to carter he does look like man on a mission stuff for sure. Reminding me a bit of Denmark when they were late subs at Euro 92, no one fancied them to win either.

There i was pre-match praising bingham for his big match temperament. Not much evidence of it so far this session anyway.

In relation to carter he does look like man on a mission stuff for sure. Reminding me a bit of Denmark when they were late subs at Euro 92, no one fancied them to win either.

Yea Jimmy White and the Eurosport crew were calling him Denmark Carter before his match with Selby.

The match and Bingham really needed that frame

Virgo saying he doesn't mind the crowd getting excited once they go quiet when down on shot. Bit rich coming from him. He often cracks a joke just as the player is down on shot and you can here the crowd laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Id fancy Bingham.

Never confident in Carter's big match ability, he's a game player without a doubt, but when the chips are down in the business end of big tournaments he's lacking.

7-7 game on!

Carter refuses it in the end, but the physics of the “reverse plant” baffle me.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Some balls on Bingham to go for that red!

Carter refuses it in the end, but the physics of the “reverse plant” baffle me.

Dont understand the science either but its something to do with the combined impact of cue ball and first object ball on second object ball if that makes sense. As in both cue ball and object ball are exerting a force on second object ball that causes it to react in a strange way.

Or something...

After Carter opened up the evenings session with four on the spin Bingham has replied with three on the trot. Players winning frames in batches rather than tit for tat. Ali now needs a counter punch or its slipping away.

Everyime this match looks like settling into a pattern it immediately veers off in other direction. Tempted to think of this turnaround as decisive but still not willing to call it.

Dont understand the science either but its something to do with the combined impact of cue ball and first object ball on second object ball if that makes sense. As in both cue ball and object ball are exerting a force on second object ball that causes it to react in a strange way.

Or something...

Yeah I see what you’re saying, but for that force to fully reverse the expected direction of the second ball is hard to understand. Kind of fascinating.

Yeah I see what you’re saying, but for that force to fully reverse the expected direction of the second ball is hard to understand. Kind of fascinating.

Certainly is. I remember seeing a guy explaining it once and when he stuck a slip of paper onto one of the object balls the reverse didnt work. I played snooker for years missing plants i couldnt understand because i didnt know about reverse impact.

The Captain has hit a bit of turbulence. Bingham looking like he's ready to seal the deal. My 10-8 prediction still on.

The Captain has hit a bit of turbulence. Bingham looking like he's ready to seal the deal. My 10-8 prediction still on.

I think if Bingham wins this frame, it’ll end up 10-7. Carter looks lost out there since the mid session interval

I think if Bingham wins this frame, it’ll end up 10-7. Carter looks lost out there since the mid session interval

The last frame is the hardest to win sometimes. Ali hasn't come out after the mid session interval. If he can nick the next who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Good match so far for casuals

Advertisement