Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

-9.5 was never in doubt! And Big Red WILL win the big one this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Foxtrol wrote:
    Going back to the earlier discussion, after seeing how much the Chiefs offense exploded when behind, even while still looking rusty, I don't see Titans scoring enough points against them.

They will try and run it down their throats and if they don't fancy it, they will get stronger as the game goes in.

I think the titans defense is street's ahead of this Texans one.

Still think the Chiefs will be 10 point (plus) favourites, but think titans won't be an easy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

Green Bay Packers
    BOB will get a lot of stick for the fake punt but i think Reid has to make Sorensen miss, should have picked up the yardage, space either side of the tackler and he runs right into it.

Hard to know what to do if you're Bob McNair... 4 divisions in the last 5, but this has a Jason Garrett-type feel to it at this stage.

That said, the Bengals fired Marvin Lewis for not making that leap in the playoffs and the wheels came off for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

San Francisco 49ers
    They will try and run it down their throats and if they don't fancy it, they will get stronger as the game goes in.

Still think the Chiefs will be 10 point (plus) favourites, but think titans won't be an easy out.

The line for that was up before the game. Think it is 7.5
    They had both itterations done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

al87987 wrote: »
    BOB will get a lot of stick for the fake punt but i think Reid has to make Sorensen miss, should have picked up the yardage, space either side of the tackler and he runs right into it.
    Still only a 1st down on their own 35, maybe 40.
    Risk was not worth the reward. Esp after he took 3pts on 4th and 1 in the red zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Green Bay Packers
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    Going back to the earlier discussion, after seeing how much the Chiefs offense exploded when behind, even while still looking rusty, I don't see Titans scoring enough points against them.
    Ravens had an explosive offence too.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seattle Seahawks
    Hard to know what to do if you're Bob McNair... 4 divisions in the last 5, but this has a Jason Garrett-type feel to it at this stage.

That said, the Bengals fired Marvin Lewis for not making that leap in the playoffs and the wheels came off for them.

Given that Bob McNair is dead makes it impossible to know what he’d do.

Can't wait to see BOB try to explain that fake punt in the postgame. Dude should be coaching in Siberia next year. Perennial playoff choker. Beat the Raiders with a 3rd string QB and needed a miracle to beat a rookie QB on the road in his 1st playoff game. That's it in 6 games

• Advertisement

al87987 wrote:

.... and rightfully so. They had all the momentum and the KC heads were panicking. There was absolutely no need for it at that point in the game. Punt it deep and hope for another KC f**kup was the correct play.

Seattle Seahawks
    Can't wait to see BOB try to explain that fake punt in the postgame. Dude should be coaching in Siberia next year. Perennial playoff choker. Beat the Raiders with a 3rd string QB and needed a miracle to beat a rookie QB on the road in his 1st playoff game. That's it in 6 games

As bizarre as it was it’s easy to say after the fact but I’ll wait to see what the rational was behind the fake punt.

Itssoeasy wrote:
    Given that Bob McNair is dead makes it impossible to know what he’d do.

Jeez, completely forgot about that. I'm living in the past. Next you'll be telling me Pat Bowlen is dead.

Itssoeasy wrote:
    As bizarre as it was it’s easy to say after the fact but I’ll wait to see what the rational was behind the fake punt.

Money on the Chiefs? /s

Seattle Seahawks
    I’m looking forward to the Seahawks and packers game I have to say. I’ve to watch the condensed version of the niners game because I assumed I’d have WiFi to watch on my phone but the WiFi was down so I was in the dark on the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seattle Seahawks
    Scorigami!

Texans allow 390 yards per game, 28th in the league. Titans allow 366, 22nd. And just gave up 530. And when the Texans played at full strength in a game they cared aboit, they beat the Titans in Tennessee.

Reid only got past the title game once in 5 tries but still would fancy him over Vrabel doing it first time. The way the Chiefs overcame that nightmare start is just impossible to overstate. Titans 4th straight road game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Green Bay Packers
    Ravens had an explosive offence too.......

Not like the Chiefs. Ravens offense is built around the run and their coaches panicked when the Titans got in front. Ravens don't have close to the weapons the Chiefs have either.

I like Titans to cover that spread.

What's the wide receiver pool like in the upcoming draft?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I've been of the opinion that he's an absolute clown for a while that was far from the first bonehead play call ive seen him make, and wasnt the last in that game either, tried 2 trick plays, reverse passes, one when the game was still close (think they were still leading). Both got stuffed.

Him and Harbaugh both made complete balls of it the last 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’m looking forward to the Seahawks and packers game I have to say. I’ve to watch the condensed version of the niners game because I assumed I’d have WiFi to watch on my phone but the WiFi was down so I was in the dark on the game.

me too. out of all of the games this was the one.
    i think Seahawks will do it.
    Looking forward to see if Clowney & Co. can get to Rodgers

Texans allow 390 yards per game, 28th in the league. Titans allow 366, 22nd. And just gave up 530. And when the Texans played at full strength in a game they cared aboit, they beat the Titans in Tennessee.

They hamstrung the best offense in the NFL. Anyone who watched that game knows that the 530 yards, was mostly garbage. The Ravens struggled throughout, and i think the titans coaching staff will know they have to keep it tight, play percentage football, to stay within touch, keep the running game active and limit turnovers.... Even with all of that, they are huge underdogs.

I don't think the titans will surrender a 24 point lead should they be fortunate enough to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Well done Chiefs. Not a great contest in the 2nd half, but watching Mahomes is always worth it.
    24:0 up, terrible decision on the fake punt, and you get absolutely spanked like that; bye bye Billy. This was like their exit in Foxboro a few years back (letterman jackets) and could be a major mental stumbling block if they still with BOB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

was hoping for some snow

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

Green Bay Packers
    I hate Michael Bloomberg.

Last week I hated Tom Steyer.

Good start by packers, but I fancy the Seahawks here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

San Francisco 49ers
    The titans secondary is absolutely terrible. Any competent passing offence is going to put up a bunch of points.

I'm still baffled why Ravens tried to bulldoze Lamar over the line on 4th and 1, twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nice drive to start for the Packers, apart from the Clowney stop they got through the Seahawks fairly easily.

Advertisement