Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Yep, as soon as Lamar had to chase the game the turnovers followed. It’s a completely different game when you are behind.

That said, I cannot believe how good Tennessee have played. I would fancy the chiefs strongly for the AFC though

Jackson ends with a lot of yards, but but like last year, it was garbage stuff. Titans happy to see him throwing it (allowing completed passes as long as it meant the clock kept ticking), 60 pass attempts, ~50% completion with 2 INTs and a lost fumble.

Those 4th and 1 attempts are on Harbaugh. Too cocky/confident, ego stuff to do it on halfway that early.

Still, great year for Baltimore in general. Jackson will get MVP. Not sure many teams will be able to run like the Titans did and control the game, so Ravens will have a shot again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Green Bay Packers
    In fairness they had converted every 4th and 1 so far this year. Why would you go away from what has gotten you this far?

Titans peaking at the right time and can beat anyone, dethrone superbowl champs and then take out the number 1 team both on the road, shouldn't fear anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Kansas City Chiefs
    That was glorious. Love seeing the Ravens lose. Really happy for the Titans and Tannenhill lotta talent on the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Green Bay Packers
    We're up to eleven Titans votes now. Not sure what proper are trying to prove with that but I might get in on the act. I think the Patriots are going to win last year's Superbowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Seattle Seahawks
    MVPat gonna show how to get the job done tonight

#chiefskingdom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Titans have just made Jackson look like a flute, and the Texans have been crucifying quarterbacks lately.

Uh, where are you gettting this from? Texans have the 7th least sacks on the year out of the 32 teams in the league, had 3 last week which is okay but nothing major. Except for the end of the game Allen was comfortable and ran rings around them the 1st half. When Watt finally got a sack the place erupted like they had just won the game as the pass rush wasnt getting home at all.

It's Watson who's been getting crucified, as the Texans have given up the 4th most sacks in the league. He was running for his life last game, pulled a Houdini at the end but I remember losing count of the times he got sacked aftet they said it was the 6th time.

If the Texans Oline plays like it did last week the Chiefs will destroy them. They are way more explosive on offense than Buffalo so there wont be any miracle comeback possible.

Titans actually have given up the 3rd most sacks despite being such a run first team. Bit surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Uh, where are you gettting this from? Texans have the 7th least sacks on the year out of the 32 teams in the league, had 3 last week which is okay but nothing major. Except for the end of the game Allen was comfortable and ran rings around them the 1st half. When Watt finally got a sack the place erupted like they had just won the game as the pass rush wasnt getting home at all.

It's Watson who's been getting crucified, as the Texans have given up the 4th most sacks in the league. He was running for his life last game, pulled a Houdini at the end but I remember losing count of the times he got sacked aftet they said it was the 6th time.

If the Texans Oline plays like it did last week the Chiefs will destroy them. They are way more explosive on offense than Buffalo so there wont be any miracle comeback possible.

Titans actually have given up the 3rd most sacks despite being such a run first team. Bit surprising.

You gotta asterisks it though. Titans before tannehill titans after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Green Bay Packers
    My Ravens lose :(

I hope the Titans go on and win it all
    Still Ill wrote: »
    Will he still be MVP after this ****show? Cos I've got a bet on Russel Wilson

MVP is regular season

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Seattle Seahawks
    Titans best the chiefs already this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Green Bay Packers
    I made my picks earlier in the thread but forgot to do the poll picks. Feels satisfying to pick a team that's already lost :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Seattle Seahawks
    What’s the bookies favourite for the SB now 49ers - Chiefs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Took an accum of the home teams and I did not expect Tennessee to ruin it already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Green Bay Packers
    TheDoctor wrote: »
    What’s the bookies favourite for the SB now 49ers - Chiefs?

I'd imagine so, would have been 9ers v ravens right?

I thought the ravens looked the strongest team in football this season. The 9ers, Seahawks and chiefs all in the conversation.

I did not see the titans going this far, thought they could beat the Pats alright this season in the wildcard but didn't see the Ravens ****ting the bed so badly at all!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd imagine the niners are favourites as they have alread made the Championship game.
    Chiefs probably become favourites with a win tonight.
    Its been a highly unpredictable season wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs let St tonight.

MVPat gonna show how to get the job done tonight

#chiefskingdom

Shouldn’t you be making your pick after the game?

Seattle Seahawks
    Shouldn’t you be making your pick after the game?

Why would I do that?

Why would I do that?
    Why did you do it for the Wildcard round?

Seattle Seahawks
    Why did you do it for the Wildcard round?

I don't know, we weren't in it, you were :D

How'd that pan out for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Green Bay Packers
    Shocked at that. Thought the Ravens would go all the way this year, they looked absolutely unstoppable from about week 7 to 17. Fair dues to the Titans though, that was an absolute masterclass.

Not what I asked you, poor try to deflect from yourself.

Pats lost. Weren’t good enough. Better team (Titans) fully deserved to win. Was disappointed, but happy for Heli on here.

Trying to take a shot at a Pats fan, after 9 SB appearances with 6 SB wins in 20 years, cause they got knocked out in the Wildcard round; weak, very weak. Almost as weak as making your picks after the game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seattle Seahawks
    It true what they say that the post season is like a new season and what you did in the regular doesn't guarantee you anything in the playoffs. I've to go back and watch the niners game as I was completely out of range for it and never saw a single second of the game. I saw some of the titans vs ravens game. I'm 1-5 so far in the six games played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seattle Seahawks
    We're up to eleven Titans votes now. Not sure what proper are trying to prove with that but I might get in on the act. I think the Patriots are going to win last year's Superbowl.

I really don't get that at all?

Like why bother? There's zero satisfaction in that ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I'd actually like to see a proper answer and not a deflection.

Why did you vote in the "Who do you think will win win?" poll for teams who had already won their games? What was your intention?

Seattle Seahawks
    Not what I asked you, poor try to deflect from yourself.

Pats lost. Weren’t good enough. Better team (Titans) fully deserved to win. Was disappointed, but happy for Heli on here.

Trying to take a shot at a Pats fan, after 9 SB appearances with 6 SB wins in 20 years, cause they got knocked out in the Wildcard round; weak, very weak. Almost as weak as making your picks after the game :D

Why do you feel the need to try troll a chiefs fan on a completely unrelated thread or subject?

I took a shot at you after your initial pop at me

Heaven forbid I make my picks afterwards to see what the general consensus was.

This isn’t a pissing contest and you’re not adding any inches to your dick

Why do you feel the need to try troll a chiefs fan on a completely unrelated thread or subject?

I took a shot at you after your initial pop at me

Heaven forbid I make my picks afterwards to see what the general consensus was.

This isn’t a pissing contest and you’re not adding any inches to your dick
    Really weak. You state that the Chiefs are gonna roll tonight, after two weekends of upsets, and you think someone can’t refer to you picking after the games were over (totally related subject BTW)?

Get my dick out of your mind and be more concerned with your failure to answer a simple question when asked. You could have seen the general consensus after the poll was closed, like the rest of us who didn’t vote before the games (or after the games). No need to for you to lose your cool and double down on looking silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Green Bay Packers
    ^^^^^^ You dont have to vote to see poll results. Nice try

Seattle Seahawks
    Really weak. You state that the Chiefs are gonna roll tonight, after two weekends of upsets, and you think someone can’t refer to you picking after the games were over (totally related subject BTW)?

Get my dick out of your mind and be more concerned with your failure to answer a simple question when asked. You could have seen the general consensus after the poll was closed, like the rest of us who didn’t vote before the games (or after the games). No need to for you to lose your cool and double down on looking silly.

I’m not going to argue with an idiot. You’ll drag me down to your level and beat me on experience.

Now back in your box or return to your little circle jerk Patriot thread

There’s a good lad

#chiefskingdom

I’m not going to argue with an idiot. You’ll drag me down to your level and beat me on experience.

There’s a good lad

#chiefskingdom
    Classy as ever :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Classy as ever :D

Leave him alone.

He's been watching footall since 2017 so all he's ever known is the Patriots appearing in 100% of the Super Bowls he's watched and winning 66% of them.

The bitterness is explainable that way. If only he had picked an NFC team in Madden all the way back in 2017....!

• Advertisement

Titans are just a good football team. Going to Gillette and M&T and winning isn't a joke. I don't think us resting players for the final game of the season made any difference. They had a plan and executed it, they're exceptionally sound with the fundamentals. That second failure to convert on 4th down was the fatal blow, at a time when we had started to get a bit of momentum. FG would have made it 14-9.

Although I have a soft spot for the the Chiefs, I'd like to see Titans win it now. I've enjoyed watching them this second half of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Although I have a soft spot for the the Chiefs, I'd like to see Titans win it now. I've enjoyed watching them this second half of the season.

Derrick Henry is as good a reason as any to be rooting for the Titans. I could watch him all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Green Bay Packers
    Enjoyed the games last night, helped by being a 49ers fan and the complete shock of the Ravens game.

Though still not 100%, the 49ers defense showed the form it had early in the season when they were healthy. Again in line with early season narratives, Garropolo didn't have his best game but he didn't need to thanks to strength of the defense and run game. We saw in that play-off level quality games during the run in that he can raise his standards when it is required. Looks like no new injuries and guys should be in even better shape by next weekend, while having an extra days rest.

Titans did to the Ravens exactly what I thought was going to happen the other way around. Lamar wasn't great but I'd place the result more on the Titans defense and Ravens poor coaching decisions. I understand being ultra aggressive on 4th downs in regular season, as there's more games to come so you can play the averages, or when playing against a team with a high powered offense, but there was no need in this situation. Ravens also looked rusty and went away from the run too quickly. Generally, looked like poor planning and coaching.

While giving Titans credit, I still don't see their approach as being sustainable for two more games. Game script has gone their way in both playoff games but when it goes against them I just don't think their team is rounded enough and they will end up struggling, like Vikings and Ravens did yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm a big Andy Reid fan and would love to see him win a superbowl but I'll get pleasure if they lose because of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Kansas City Chiefs
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    Enjoyed the games last night, helped by being a 49ers fan and the complete shock of the Ravens game.

Though still not 100%, the 49ers defense showed the form it had early in the season when they were healthy. Again in line with early season narratives, Garropolo didn't have his best game but he didn't need to thanks to strength of the defense and run game. We saw in that play-off level quality games during the run in that he can raise his standards when it is required. Looks like no new injuries and guys should be in even better shape by next weekend, while having an extra days rest.

Titans did to the Ravens exactly what I thought was going to happen the other way around. Lamar wasn't great but I'd place the result more on the Titans defense and Ravens poor coaching decisions. I understand being ultra aggressive on 4th downs in regular season, as there's more games to come so you can play the averages, or when playing against a team with a high powered offense, but there was no need in this situation. Ravens also looked rusty and went away from the run too quickly. Generally, looked like poor planning and coaching.

While giving Titans credit, I still don't see their approach as being sustainable for two more games. Game script has gone their way in both playoff games but when it goes against them I just don't think their team is rounded enough and they will end up struggling, like Vikings and Ravens did yesterday.

They've already beaten the Texans, I doubt they'd fear them. Running the ball effectively is the perfect way to counter the Chiefs. Pats ran all over them last year in the AFCCG. Tannenhill is also well capable of throwing the ball. The last two games haven't gone that way, but he shouldn't be discounted. Titans D is probably better than the Chiefs, which could be the difference in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

One shock and now everyone thinks Houston is gonna beat the Chiefs, can only assume they missed how bad the Texans were last week.

Andy Reid's record off a bye week is phenomenal. This isnt a rookie QB making his first start on the road, Mahomes is gonna torch that defense.

Reid took Philly to 5 conference championships, including 4 straight, only made 1 Super Bowl and lost it but thats still excellent. Unfortunately the Pats were still filming practices unabated back then. A few years later he got ran out of town, but not before drafting Nick Foles who finally won the Eagles a SB. Sadly, his son got hooked on drugs (Philly is rampant with them) and died from his addiction.

Then he goes and picks Mahomes outta nowhere while other teams are making genius moves like trading up to take Mitch Trubisky (who would have been there anyway had Chicago stayed pat as the 9ers had Garropolo)

I hammered the Chiefs -9.5, and will be backing them next week too. Anyone thinks Vrabel is gonna outcoach Reid and that that offense could keep pace with the Chiefs is on crack. This is setting up perfectly for Reid to finally get a ring (most playoff wins of any coach without one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Pats not even in the playoffs but still living rent free in some people's heads :rolleyes:

One shock and now everyone thinks Houston is gonna beat the Chiefs
    Who's everyone? The poll shows ~84% pick the Chiefs. Houston has a chance, but Chiefs remains favorites.

I fancy Chiefs and Packers today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

San Francisco 49ers

Then he goes and picks Mahomes outta nowhere while other teams are making genius moves like trading up to take Mitch Trubisky (who would have been there anyway had Chicago stayed pat as the 9ers had Garropolo)

Picks Mahomes out of nowhere? Haha. He was one of the highest rated QBs in that class. Probably the highest but people had doubts about whether his college game would transfer to the nfl.

Also Garropolo was still with the patriots during that draft. Brian Hoyer was the starter for first 6 or so games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Green Bay Packers
    One shock and now everyone thinks Houston is gonna beat the Chiefs, can only assume they missed how bad the Texans were last week.

Andy Reid's record off a bye week is phenomenal. This isnt a rookie QB making his first start on the road, Mahomes is gonna torch that defense.

Reid took Philly to 5 conference championships, including 4 straight, only made 1 Super Bowl and lost it but thats still excellent. Unfortunately the Pats were still filming practices unabated back then. A few years later he got ran out of town, but not before drafting Nick Foles who finally won the Eagles a SB. Sadly, his son got hooked on drugs (Philly is rampant with them) and died from his addiction.

I hammered the Chiefs -9.5, and will be backing them next week too. Anyone thinks Vrabel is gonna outcoach Reid and that that offense could keep pace with the Chiefs is on crack. This is setting up perfectly for Reid to finally get a ring (most playoff wins of any coach without one).

The Chicago trade up was a mistake for several reasons but the point wasn't to prevent the niners taking trubisky (if they wanted him they wouldn't have made the trade) it was too stop anyone leap frogging them to take him.

It was stupid. But the logic was nothing to do with San Francisco.

Not sure where you're getting the notion that Mahomes was picked from nowhere. He was projected more or less exactly where he was picked.

• Advertisement

Seattle Seahawks

Not sure how the pats filming and the eagles going to four straight NFC championship games is connected.

He wasn't run out of town as you put it actually. It was time for a change and the eagles let him go the right way. His son did die of drugs but I think it was out west and not Philly.

What a weird post. I'd love nothing more than to see big red win a super bowl as he deserved one in his Time in Philly but didn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Green Bay Packers
    No point engaging with stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Ok, these Mike Bloomberg ads are going get annoying. Two in that break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Green Bay Packers
    Ok, these Mike Bloomberg ads are going get annoying. Two in that break.
    Bit off topic..... but he doesn't even have a chance anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Seattle Seahawks
    Bit off topic..... but he doesn't even have a chance anyway.

Not to make this about politics but both himself and Trump have dropped 10 mil on ads for during the Super Bowl so that’s something to look forward to

Seattle Seahawks
    Who messed up there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seattle Seahawks
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Who messed up there ?

Coverage all bought the fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

San Francisco 49ers
    This is gonna be a bit of a shootout you'd imagine. Should be fun for the neutrals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

oh boy!! Some start for the Texans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Anyone going to keep count on how many times they specifically call out that Watt is in?

• Advertisement
Advertisement