Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Green Bay Packers
    One shock and now everyone thinks Houston is gonna beat the Chiefs, can only assume they missed how bad the Texans were last week.

Andy Reid's record off a bye week is phenomenal. This isnt a rookie QB making his first start on the road, Mahomes is gonna torch that defense.

Reid took Philly to 5 conference championships, including 4 straight, only made 1 Super Bowl and lost it but thats still excellent. Unfortunately the Pats were still filming practices unabated back then. A few years later he got ran out of town, but not before drafting Nick Foles who finally won the Eagles a SB. Sadly, his son got hooked on drugs (Philly is rampant with them) and died from his addiction.

Then he goes and picks Mahomes outta nowhere while other teams are making genius moves like trading up to take Mitch Trubisky (who would have been there anyway had Chicago stayed pat as the 9ers had Garropolo)

I hammered the Chiefs -9.5, and will be backing them next week too. Anyone thinks Vrabel is gonna outcoach Reid and that that offense could keep pace with the Chiefs is on crack. This is setting up perfectly for Reid to finally get a ring (most playoff wins of any coach without one).

The niners didnt have Garoppolo at that point. They traded for him 6 months later. Even if the 49ers weren't drafting a QB they absolutely were planning to trade that number 2 pick to someone who wanted a QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Green Bay Packers
    Good one!

Have to say putting Hill out there who has returned only one punt all year was a very questionable move. Who put butter on the Chiefs gloves man geez.

This is setting up to be the most shocking divisional round Ive ever seen.

That hit on Hill will do him no harm, never liked him after the child abuse stuff came out.

Playoffs as a whole have been pretty shocking so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Foxtrol wrote:
    They should definitely keep riding Henry but you only have to slow him down if your offense is scoring more points when they get the ball, as the Titans will be forced to move away from him themselves.

True, the best defense you can have for him is a lead!

Man, 21 points up, they have to kick this surely. Get points on every drive and you'll be nearly impossible to catch.... Hope they kick.... Whew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Man, 21 points up, they have to kick this surely. Get points on every drive and you'll be nearly impossible to catch.... Hope they kick.... Whew.
    Should have taken a delay of game and kept the TO.

Should have taken a delay of game and kept the TO.

Good call, 31 or 36 yard field goal pretty much the same %.

That said, that 31 yarder barely crept inside the right post.... 5 yards further out it would've missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seattle Seahawks
    Only getting to sit down now. Saw the score when I was driving home. It's madness.

And with Russell and Rodgers playing later it's only gonna get crazier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Green Bay Packers
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think Montana was the last QB to win a chiefs playoff game.

They beat the Colts last season at home.

Seattle Seahawks
    I'm enjoying this plenty! Another two Houston scores would be great too.... Maybe I'm not that neutral though :)

Even as a fellow Bronco I do want Andy Reid to actually win an SB finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

San Francisco 49ers
    Why are people so risk averse. You gotta go for it on 4th and 1 there for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Great score. Great throw, talk about trust from Mahomes after all the drops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Green Bay Packers
    Pretty dumb not kicking the ball dead on the kick off. Cost them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Shoot out on now

Green Bay Packers
    Pretty dumb not kicking the ball dead on the kick off. Cost them.

They'll get the ball at the 40 if they kick it out of bounds, as thats a penalty.

Green Bay Packers
    True, the best defense you can have for him is a lead!

Agreed, my original point was that I don't think that approach is sustainable for 2 more games, that the Titans will end up behind at some point.

I don't want to take too much away from them, however so far they faced a Patriots offense that was very poor and a Ravens side that completely melted down when they had to play from behind (like I expect the Titans to)

Even as a fellow Bronco I do want Andy Reid to actually win an SB finally.

I know what you mean. He's very likeable and has such a tragic history, personal and professional.... Yes you are right.... There would be something nice about Reid winning a super bowl..... But..... The Chiefs?

Momentum shifting it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Not sure that was Bill O'Brien's wisest move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ah what ya at Houston

• Advertisement

Wow!!!

Green Bay Packers
    O'Brien getting too smart there. No need when you're in front like that in that position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Insane, stupid. You have a 17point lead.

That's crazy by Bill O'Brien.

Lunacy.

The most obvious fake I ever did see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Crazy, absolutely crazy. That’s gives the Chiefs nice momentum now. WTF was O’Brien thinking

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, that is absolutely ridiculous. What do you gain there, a 1st down at your own 35?

What do you give up... Great field position, KC will have a tough time catching up, unless you hand them great field position that they've done twice.

Bill O'Brian is sh!tting the bed here.

Seattle Seahawks
    I know what you mean. He's very likeable and has such a tragic history, personal and professional.... Yes you are right.... There would be something nice about Reid winning a super bowl..... But..... The Chiefs?

I know I know. But I pause my opprobrium just cos himself and because I want him to get an SB.

Going for the 4th&1 over the FG would have made a lot more sense than that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Back to a two score game. Special Teams playing a massive part in this game!

The big problem there was Bill O'Brien suddenly thinking he's a good coach.

• Advertisement

Green Bay Packers
    Just when you thaugh the stupid was over..... enter Texans :pac:

Another stop for the Chiefs and a score before HT and then getting the ball to start the 3rd would be a killer for the Texans after the start.

If i was a Texan player I'd be furious with my coach for that ****.

You had the crazy crowd quiet, kc themselves were not playing well and instead you've injected enthusiasm and confidence into this team that were shell shocked.

BO'B going for that fake punt is up there with Seattle not running the ball.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Going for the 4th&1 over the FG would have made a lot more sense than that one.

That's what I was thinking.
    Thinks of going for it on 4th and 1, then burns a TO to kick a FG.
    And then that decision to go for it, to get a 1st down on your own 35th?

Bill O'Brien has lost it.

Game on though, so good for the neutrals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

BoroMan32 wrote:
    The big problem there was Bill O'Brien suddenly thinking he's a good coach.
    He has s a good coach, he is just godawful at making decisions on the sideline.
    This isn't his first stupid decision like that. He has made similar mistakes before and he is horrendous at deciding when it's a good time to throw the red flag for a challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

****!!! Another ST mishap

You've just got a feeling the Texans are going to be remembered for this game for the rest of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Green Bay Packers
    OH MY GOD! Best first half ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What the hell is going on in this game?

• Advertisement

Green Bay Packers
    adrian522 wrote: »
    They'll get the ball at the 40 if they kick it out of bounds, as thats a penalty.
    It was a kick off though, by dead I obviously dont mean over the sideline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

This is mad!

why did he stop on the turnover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

San Francisco 49ers
    This is karma for that 4th and 1 bottle job by Bill

Seattle Seahawks
    This is getting ridiculous.

He definitely could have run that in if he went for it after catching it, what was he doing.

Green Bay Packers
    This is mad!

why did he stop on the turnover?

Waiting for a blocker

This is why it's never over in the NFL :P

None of this would've happened if you'd just feckin punted the ball, up 17.

Sorry BOB, this is all on you. Sometimes you need to play situational football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

What a game this is

• Advertisement

Easy

Advertisement