Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

al87987 wrote:
    BOB will get a lot of stick for the fake punt but i think Reid has to make Sorensen miss, should have picked up the yardage, space either side of the tackler and he runs right into it.

.... and rightfully so. They had all the momentum and the KC heads were panicking. There was absolutely no need for it at that point in the game. Punt it deep and hope for another KC f**kup was the correct play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seattle Seahawks
    Can't wait to see BOB try to explain that fake punt in the postgame. Dude should be coaching in Siberia next year. Perennial playoff choker. Beat the Raiders with a 3rd string QB and needed a miracle to beat a rookie QB on the road in his 1st playoff game. That's it in 6 games

As bizarre as it was it’s easy to say after the fact but I’ll wait to see what the rational was behind the fake punt.

Itssoeasy wrote:
    Given that Bob McNair is dead makes it impossible to know what he’d do.

Jeez, completely forgot about that. I'm living in the past. Next you'll be telling me Pat Bowlen is dead.

Itssoeasy wrote:
    As bizarre as it was it’s easy to say after the fact but I’ll wait to see what the rational was behind the fake punt.

Money on the Chiefs? /s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seattle Seahawks
    I’m looking forward to the Seahawks and packers game I have to say. I’ve to watch the condensed version of the niners game because I assumed I’d have WiFi to watch on my phone but the WiFi was down so I was in the dark on the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seattle Seahawks
    Scorigami!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

I think the titans defense is street's ahead of this Texans one.

Texans allow 390 yards per game, 28th in the league. Titans allow 366, 22nd. And just gave up 530. And when the Texans played at full strength in a game they cared aboit, they beat the Titans in Tennessee.

Reid only got past the title game once in 5 tries but still would fancy him over Vrabel doing it first time. The way the Chiefs overcame that nightmare start is just impossible to overstate. Titans 4th straight road game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Green Bay Packers
    Ravens had an explosive offence too.......

Not like the Chiefs. Ravens offense is built around the run and their coaches panicked when the Titans got in front. Ravens don't have close to the weapons the Chiefs have either.

I like Titans to cover that spread.

What's the wide receiver pool like in the upcoming draft?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Itssoeasy wrote: »

I've been of the opinion that he's an absolute clown for a while that was far from the first bonehead play call ive seen him make, and wasnt the last in that game either, tried 2 trick plays, reverse passes, one when the game was still close (think they were still leading). Both got stuffed.

Him and Harbaugh both made complete balls of it the last 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’m looking forward to the Seahawks and packers game I have to say. I’ve to watch the condensed version of the niners game because I assumed I’d have WiFi to watch on my phone but the WiFi was down so I was in the dark on the game.

me too. out of all of the games this was the one.
    i think Seahawks will do it.
    Looking forward to see if Clowney & Co. can get to Rodgers

Texans allow 390 yards per game, 28th in the league. Titans allow 366, 22nd. And just gave up 530. And when the Texans played at full strength in a game they cared aboit, they beat the Titans in Tennessee.

They hamstrung the best offense in the NFL. Anyone who watched that game knows that the 530 yards, was mostly garbage. The Ravens struggled throughout, and i think the titans coaching staff will know they have to keep it tight, play percentage football, to stay within touch, keep the running game active and limit turnovers.... Even with all of that, they are huge underdogs.

I don't think the titans will surrender a 24 point lead should they be fortunate enough to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Well done Chiefs. Not a great contest in the 2nd half, but watching Mahomes is always worth it.
    24:0 up, terrible decision on the fake punt, and you get absolutely spanked like that; bye bye Billy. This was like their exit in Foxboro a few years back (letterman jackets) and could be a major mental stumbling block if they still with BOB.

was hoping for some snow

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

Green Bay Packers
    I hate Michael Bloomberg.

Last week I hated Tom Steyer.

Good start by packers, but I fancy the Seahawks here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

San Francisco 49ers
    The titans secondary is absolutely terrible. Any competent passing offence is going to put up a bunch of points.

I'm still baffled why Ravens tried to bulldoze Lamar over the line on 4th and 1, twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nice drive to start for the Packers, apart from the Clowney stop they got through the Seahawks fairly easily.

BoldReason wrote:
    The titans secondary is absolutely terrible. Any competent passing offence is going to put up a bunch of points.

Well Denver beat them 17-0 earlier in the year, but they've looked a different team in the playoffs.

I don't think anyone genuinely thinks the Titans are a better team overall compared to KC, but I think they can put it up to them, and after that, who knows.

I'm still baffled why Ravens tried to bulldoze Lamar over the line on 4th and 1, twice.

I think they were 8/8 in a similar situation in the regular season, and i assume they guessed they'd be more potent offensively had they not made it..... That wasn't the case and then everyone is examing it.

San Francisco 49ers
    Well Denver beat them 17-0 earlier in the year, but they've looked a different team in the playoffs.

I don't think anyone genuinely thinks the Titans are a better team overall compared to KC, but I think they can put it up to them, and after that, who knows.

Spread opened 7.5 I'd be shocked if it didn't close closer to 10. I can't see them staying in it tbh. The Ravens was a shock but it wasnt the best match up for the Ravens. It's a really bad match up for the titans against the Chiefs imo.

Oh here we go again with early fun...

I think they were 8/8 in a similar situation in the regular season, and i assume they guessed they'd be more potent offensively had they not made it..... That wasn't the case and then everyone is examing it.

Sorry, that's barely coherent.... I mean they thought they would be more effective offensively for the reminder of the game regardless of whether they made it or not..... too much wine!

• Advertisement

San Francisco 49ers
    Clear fumble but I think they will do well to establish a clear recovery by green bay.

San Francisco 49ers
    ****ty enough for green bay. That one is on the officials blowing it dead.

That is terrible!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

How do you lose the time out? Surely they just challenge that he fumbled?

My last post on the previous game..... So BOB in the press conference....

@KimJonesSports: O'Brien said he & Texans went into game believing they needed 50 points to leave KC with a win today. Said he kicked a FG earlier bc they didn't have a play there that he liked.. #HOUvsKC

He thought they needed 50 points to win? What coach genuinely thinks this.... Even the greatest teams in the history of the NFL have a losing record conceding 40+ points....no coach goes into a game thinking they will concede 50 points. The man is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

My last post on the previous game..... So BOB in the press conference....

@KimJonesSports: O'Brien said he & Texans went into game believing they needed 50 points to leave KC with a win today. Said he kicked a FG earlier bc they didn't have a play there that he liked.. #HOUvsKC

He thought they needed 50 points to win? What coach genuinely thinks this.... Even the greatest teams in the history of the NFL have a losing record conceding 40+ points....no coach goes into a game thinking they will concede 50 points. The man is ridiculous.

giphy.gif

This game is a lot more sedate.

Good start by the Packers. Doing a nice job moving the ball, and the Seahawks have looked toothless by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Impressive start for green bay ,devante Adam's is going to be a nightmare for the Seattle dbs all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seattle Seahawks
    I'm enjoying this.

Don't think he broke the plane there tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Green Bay Packers
    Seahawks notorious slow starters. Their OC is so bad that it takes them going behind to put it into Wilson's hands and away from trundling runs for minimal gains

Lynch going nowhere today

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

Green Bay Packers
    Homer and Lynch went 19 yards on 17 carries last week, throw the dam ball!!!

touchdown here will finish it,seattle not up to it ,o line being well beaten too.

Seattle Seahawks
    And we're done.

• Advertisement

Seahawks really need to score on the first possession of the 2nd to have any chance.

Feels like game but I've learned never to write off wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Green Bay Packers
    Late with this point as I only watched the game, but how did Suggs not get ejected for a very blatant headbutt throughout the game? Wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference to the result but it was as obvious a call as I've seen missed over the years.

I'm just hoping for two competitive games next Sunday,felt Seattle would be a better test for niners but you never know packers offense has looked sharp today.

Seattle Seahawks
    Jimmy Johnson just got enshrined in the HOF live on Fox.

The shock was something!

Even better than Cowher's yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Jimmy Johnson just got enshrined in the HOF live on Fox.

The shock was something!

Even better than Cowher's yesterday.

Jesus I thought he was gonna have a seizure! :D fair play you can see how much it means to him.

Seattle Seahawks
    KerranJast wrote: »
    Jesus I thought he was gonna have a seizure! :D fair play you can see how much it means to him.

Even Aikman welling up in the booth!

That means the whole Fox team are HOFers!

Feels like game but I've learned never to write off wilson

here he goes!

Even Aikman welling up in the booth!

That means the whole Fox team are HOFers!

Troy is a whinger & cry baby at the best of times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Green Bay Packers
    Relax, guys... Wilson only gets going in the second half.

Advertisement