Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooring cost

Options
  • 08-01-2020 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

We are in the processes of renovation our house. The house is from 1960s, we are doing full wiring of the house, bathroom renovation, attic insulation, changing size of the window on the back house, kitchen
    Now is the question of the floor as the one we had was OKEY but destroyed because of the wiring.

What would be the price for the floor of 70m2 house: 2 beds?
    We will go for the cheapest now as we run out of the money and waiting to move in?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Its really a case of how long's a piece of string. But you can get a reasonable laminate for about 14-15 euro per square metre and allow another 12-15 for fitting and underlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Recently did our house
    160m2
    €4000
    Reasonable laminate to all
    Carpet to stairs and landing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

elizunia87 wrote: »
    We are in the processes of renovation our house. The house is from 1960s, we are doing full wiring of the house, bathroom renovation, attic insulation, changing size of the window on the back house, kitchen
    Now is the question of the floor as the one we had was OKEY but destroyed because of the wiring.

What would be the price for the floor of 70m2 house: 2 beds?
    We will go for the cheapest now as we run out of the money and waiting to move in?

Thank you

How long do you want it to last? If you’re putting down something cheap to last you a couple of years until you can buy better, I’d look at Lino,tbh. A friend put it in all her bedrooms last year because her budget was tight, and you wouldn’t really know the difference between it and cheap laminate unless you got down on hands and knees and examined it closely.
    Even cheap laminate will cost a nice bit to have fitted, and you’ll pay that money a second time if you’re replacing in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

Thank you for your replay.
    The one we had was laminate floor and looked pretty nice.
    I was wondering how much should I be prepared from our contractor

It is just to start, not sure if we want insulation as well?
    Is that expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

Hi, we are looking at doing very similar, would you mind sharing how much this renovation cost you, we are trying to get accurate costings at the moment and it's proving difficult. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Do you have wooden floors underneath your flooring upstairs (if you have an upstairs)? Even if the wood isn't in good enough shape to varnish and leave bare, you could consider painting it. We did this as a cheap short term option and I love it. It looks great now that it's painted even though there were many areas the wood had been pulled up and/or replaced while heating was being installed. Personally I hate cheap laminate and cheap carpets, and I didn't want to buy vinyl or similar which would only be going in the landfill in a few years.

Advertisement