If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" TV

Options
  • 08-01-2020 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi John and gang.

I'm looking to upgrade my current TV to something more cinematic and was almost ready to pull the trigger on an LG C9 OLED. Doing a last bit of research over the weekend has me thinking and worrying about screenburn however since my boys do use the TV for gaming occasionally. I'm now considering the Samsung 65Q90 or Q85 QLED as an option.
    I realise that most of you guys would probably go for the OLED if pushed but I want to be comfortable when I do sit in front of my new set and not have to worry about burning any artefacts onto the panel and particularly not have to worry about the kids doing it either.
    Is the extra cost of the Q90 worth it over the Q85?
    Also, since I see that Samsung is offering €450 back if I was to purchase a second TV, if I was to go for the QE49Q70 along with the QE65Q90, is there any possibility of getting the two sets for €2500 after cash back since that was my budget limit?
    I know your prices are competitive but god loves a tryer!:)

Look forward to hearing from you,
    Chalky024

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

chalky024 wrote: »
    Hi John and gang.

I'm looking to upgrade my current TV to something more cinematic and was almost ready to pull the trigger on an LG C9 OLED. Doing a last bit of research over the weekend has me thinking and worrying about screenburn however since my boys do use the TV for gaming occasionally. I'm now considering the Samsung 65Q90 or Q85 QLED as an option.
    I realise that most of you guys would probably go for the OLED if pushed but I want to be comfortable when I do sit in front of my new set and not have to worry about burning any artefacts onto the panel and particularly not have to worry about the kids doing it either.
    Is the extra cost of the Q90 worth it over the Q85?
    Also, since I see that Samsung is offering €450 back if I was to purchase a second TV, if I was to go for the QE49Q70 along with the QE65Q90, is there any possibility of getting the two sets for €2500 after cash back since that was my budget limit?
    I know your prices are competitive but god loves a tryer!:)

Look forward to hearing from you,
    Chalky024
    Hey Chalky024.

To be honest if you have any doubt about OLED I wouldn't purchase one.
    It's like when Plasma was around. They had the better picture but ran the risk of screen burn/image retention.

The last thing you want is not to be able to sit back and enjoy your purchase.

The QLED's are still a fantastic television and produce a fantastic picture. Samsung themselves offer a 10 year screen burn warranty on these sets.
    There are a few difference between the 85 and 90 with the main being that the 90 is a full 10 bit panel. While the 85 is 10Bit its made up of 8Bit + 2FRC.
    The 65Q85 is also currently out of stock, we are chasing an ETA for more arriving.

The 65Q90 is coming in at 2199 Euro
    The 49Q70 coming in at 899 Euro.
    Total would be 3098 Euro
    Samsung offer back 450 Euro, so after they refund you would have paid 2648 Euro
    https://www.samsung.com/ie/tv-cashback/terms/

I can't offer any further discount on either of those products unfortunately. The 65A90 @2199 euro is the same as our £2199 sterling retail making the Euro price one heck of a deal 

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply. 
    I'm in agreement with you in that I need to be able to enjoy just sitting back and enjoying the purchase. 
    Can I ask how long those current prices are likely to last? Believe it or not my other half needs convincing that the QLED will be a good option as I've spent so much time preparing her for the arrival of an OLED and also now convince her that I need to spend more money!
    I would be hoping to be able to make a decision at the weekend and will be back to you then.

Cheers,
    Chalky024

By the way, what would your delivery time be to Co Cork?

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the reply. 
    I'm in agreement with you in that I need to be able to enjoy just sitting back and enjoying the purchase. 
    Can I ask how long those current prices are likely to last? Believe it or not my other half needs convincing that the QLED will be a good option as I've spent so much time preparing her for the arrival of an OLED and also now convince her that I need to spend more money!
    I would be hoping to be able to make a decision at the weekend and will be back to you then.

Cheers,
    Chalky024

By the way, what would your delivery time be to Co Cork?
    Hey Chalky024.

The money back offer from Samsung finishes on the 3.3.20

Delivery would be 2-3 days from date from purchase.

Let me know once you have thought things over and we can take it from there.

Hi Kenny and gang,

The 65Q90 is looking like a runner but not sure yet about the 49Q70. Might be interested in the no gap wall mount also. Whats the best you can do price wise on this? How long will your sale prices apply for?

Cheers,
    Chalky024

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Kenny and gang,

The 65Q90 is looking like a runner but not sure yet about the 49Q70. Might be interested in the no gap wall mount also. Whats the best you can do price wise on this? How long will your sale prices apply for?

Cheers,
    Chalky024
    Hi chalky024,

You would have to go for the Samsung WMN-M15 no gap wall mount.

This is currently £129/159 euro.

I don't have an end date for the sale pricing yet unfortunately but they should be running for a few more days.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny and gang

I'm ready to proceed with my purchase of the Samsung 65Q90 and the 49Q70. I will pm you my phone number to ring me back when you get a chance. If you could please give me your best price on the wall mount I might take that also though I'm already over budget on the TVs and justifying a new wall mount when I already have one is difficult ;)

Thanks,
    Chalky

Hi Kenny and gang

I'm ready to proceed with my purchase of the Samsung 65Q90 and the 49Q70. I will pm you my phone number to ring me back when you get a chance. If you could please give me your best price on the wall mount I might take that also though I'm already over budget on the TVs and justifying a new wall mount when I already have one is difficult ;)

Thanks,
    Chalky
    Hey Chalky024.

Thanks for coming back to us again.

I have very little movement on the M15 bracket I could squeeze it down to £115 or 136 Euro if that helps any?

Drop me your a PM with your contact number and we will give you a call.

Thanks Kenny.
    PM sent. I'll think about that bracket while awaiting your call.

Thanks Kenny.
    PM sent. I'll think about that bracket while awaiting your call.
    No worries Chalky024.

We will drop you a call ASAP.

Hi Gang,

Took delivery of the Q90 last Friday and all I can say is wow! Really impressed with the performance of the set in standard HD and when feeding 4K it's just stunning. One issue though with getting NowTV to work. Nothing seems to get me to a sign in page as with the other apps. Netflix, Prime etc all worked seamlessly. Did a quick Google and there seems to be an issue, so it's not just me. Any ideas or suggestions on ways to sort it? Do I need to contact Samsung? It seems ironic that some southern retailers are offering a 3 month NowTV pass with Samsung TVs and then you can't get it :)

Thanks in advance for any advice,
    Chalky

• Advertisement

Hi Gang,

Took delivery of the Q90 last Friday and all I can say is wow! Really impressed with the performance of the set in standard HD and when feeding 4K it's just stunning. One issue though with getting NowTV to work. Nothing seems to get me to a sign in page as with the other apps. Netflix, Prime etc all worked seamlessly. Did a quick Google and there seems to be an issue, so it's not just me. Any ideas or suggestions on ways to sort it? Do I need to contact Samsung? It seems ironic that some southern retailers are offering a 3 month NowTV pass with Samsung TVs and then you can't get it :)

Chalky
    Hi Chalky024.

Thanks for the post and glad you are enjoying the new purchase.

Unfortunately you would need to drop Samsung a call to see about the issue with the NowTV App as its not something I have came across myself.
    It would be the manufacturer that carry the support for the Apps on their products.

Let me know what they say.

Hi Kenny,

I'll get in touch with them so but might wait until the Q70 is delivered on Wednesday to see if it's the same with that. I presume their helpline number is with the TV documentation? Can't check now as I'm not home.

Regards.

Edit: Just had a look at the Samsung website and found a few bits to try and link to their support line. Hopefully I can get sorted there

Hi Kenny,

I'll get in touch with them so but might wait until the Q70 is delivered on Wednesday to see if it's the same with that. I presume their helpline number is with the TV documentation? Can't check now as I'm not home.

Regards.

Edit: Just had a look at the Samsung website and found a few bits to try and link to their support line. Hopefully I can get sorted there
    Hey Chalky024.

Their tech help number is: 0818 717 100.

They usually need you in front of the TV for trouble shooting, that's why it is better for you to give them a call rather than myself.

Please do keep me posted though.

Hi Kenny,

After checking on the Samsung website, I reinstalled the NowTV app on the TV and bingo! All apps now working as they should so no need to contact the helpline.

Cheers,
    Chalky 

Hi Kenny,

After checking on the Samsung website, I reinstalled the NowTV app on the TV and bingo! All apps now working as they should so no need to contact the helpline.

Cheers,
    Chalky 
    Excellent News Chalky024 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Hi Gang,

Chalky

Hi, I'm thinking of buy the 55 inch version of this tv, can I ask you what the upscaling of HD from Saorview and Sky HD look like on it ? It's those sources of tv that I would mainly watch, so its important for me. Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

galtee boy wrote: »
    Hi Gang,

Chalky

Hi, I'm thinking of buy the 55 inch version of this tv, can I ask you what the upscaling of HD from Saorview and Sky HD look like on it ? It's those sources of tv that I would mainly watch, so its important for me. Thanks.
    Hi Galtee Boy.

It handles HD images very well. I've seen this TV (55" version) running at a friends house and watched football in HD from sky and it was an amazing image.
    I also played some PS4 on it and it handled it very well.

Its going to be on of the best sets on the market as the Q90 is a stunning televisions.

Currently priced at 1999 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203963-samsung-qe65q90r-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-2000-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.