Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card transfer questions

• 08-01-2020 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

If you get a new credit card (an post) which has 0 percent on balance transfers for 12 months. How do you initiate the transfer process?

Also what would the minimum payment be per month if the interest rate and balance transfer rate is 0 percent for first 12 months?

Thanks,
    Mick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

hi folks,

If you get a new credit card (an post) which has 0 percent on balance transfers for 12 months. How do you initiate the transfer process?

Also what would the minimum payment be per month if the interest rate and balance transfer rate is 0 percent for first 12 months?

Thanks,
    Mick

you should ask An Post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks - i will - can't see it on their website
    you should ask An Post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

Thanks - i will - can't see it on their website

Avantcard run that card for anpost, their rates are :

If your statement balance is €25 or less, it will be the total amount of the balance shown.
    If your statement balance is more than €25, your minimum payment will be the greater amount of either: €25 or 1% of your statement balance before any default charges, processing fees, foreign currency fees and interest (to which we'll then add an amount equal to the default charges, processing fees, foreign currency fees and interest). Your minimum payment will not exceed the balance shown on your statement.

Thanks, re balance transfer, do the card company clear the other card directly or do they transfer funds to your bank account and you clear the other card yourself?
    Bojill wrote: »
    Avantcard run that card for anpost, their rates are :

If your statement balance is €25 or less, it will be the total amount of the balance shown.
    If your statement balance is more than €25, your minimum payment will be the greater amount of either: €25 or 1% of your statement balance before any default charges, processing fees, foreign currency fees and interest (to which we'll then add an amount equal to the default charges, processing fees, foreign currency fees and interest). Your minimum payment will not exceed the balance shown on your statement.

Thanks, re balance transfer, do the card company clear the other card directly or do they transfer funds to your bank account and you clear the other card yourself?

Balance transfer goes to the card you nominate.
    Money transfer goes to your account.

• Advertisement

Thanks,
    So typically I'll give the new card company, the card number i want to clear. They clear and close or clear and I close after? I did see something about telling the new card company you are closing the old card to avoid paying stamp duty twice?
    Bojill wrote: »
    Balance transfer goes to the card you nominate.
    Money transfer goes to your account.

Thanks,
    So typically I'll give the new card company, the card number i want to clear. They clear and close or clear and I close after? I did see something about telling the new card company you are closing the old card to avoid paying stamp duty twice?

You'll have to clise the original, do it before April, and get a letter from them saying you've paid.
    Give the letter to your new card to avoid this year's tax.

Advertisement