Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PPoE setup with 4 Public IP addresses

• 08-01-2020 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

A quick one here, please.

It's given a PPoE setup with 4 IPs from ISP.
    As we know, usable are only 2 (the middle two).
    How do I setup a network behind the ADSL modem for two routers using the middle range, please !?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭This is it

Youll need more than a /30.

Network
    Usable/Gateway
    Usable
    Broadcast

The provider router will need to have the /30 configured with one of the two usable IPs used as the gateway and the second usable assigned to the downstream router. If you get a /29 you can do the above and use another usable IP on the second downstream router set up with the same gateway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

That's what I as thinking , so that's a 6 hosts and 29 mask !?

n/u WAN ID
    ADSL DG
    PPoE router
    Router1
    Router2
    n/u WAN Bcast

I hate when I'm right ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭This is it

Just 5, you won't need two GW.

Network
    Provider router GW
    Router 1
    Router 2
    Free
    Free
    Free
    Broadcast

I'm not sure about various providers but I know one assigns a static IP to the connection and then routes the /xx to that so there's no need for the extra GW you have in your list, it will automatically route via that single static IP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

On the phone with Eir tech support.
    Thanks

Advertisement