Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional Irish Music

Options
  • 08-01-2020 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there,

I've been looking through the wedding music thread, but haven't found anything that answers my questions there, so hoping someone can help!

We're getting married in December, and looking to book some traditional music for the wedding (something slower for the church, and then something for the afters, perhaps with a bit of ceili dancing!).

I've contacted some of the more popular traditional Irish wedding bands (craddog, celtic breeze, celtri) but unfortunately they're all booked up!

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of any less-in-demand groups that they'd recommend?

Also, does anyone know the going-rate for traditional bands for this sort of thing?

Many thanks indeed!

Stephanie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

Location?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stephrousseau

Apologies! Dublin City Centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Apologies! Dublin City Centre!

There's a trad/folk group called Home brew. They are on Facebook and play regularly in Molloys in Dublin city centre. They should suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,749 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think you need to have a mix.
    Trad and Folk for me.
    Trad on its own is very boring after awhile imo. Repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Try Traditional Arts Collective - trad band with singers, céilí caller, and dancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

We were at a wedding recently where Haste to the Wedding played. They were very good

Advertisement