Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling buddies

Options
  • 08-01-2020 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Anyone interested in joining me some time for 50k cycles around north Wicklow south Dublin, im trying to get back and hopefully do the Wicklow 100/200 in June 🙄, it the motivation that's missing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Would you join a club?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Bray Wheelers, Cycling Ireland Club of the Year 2019, have a variety of groups going from Kilmac on a Saturday and Sunday.

RED GROUP - 20–22kph · 60km · Sundays only
    ORANGE GROUP - 22–24kph · 70km · Saturdays only
    YELLOW GROUP - 24–26kph · 80km · Saturdays
    GREEN GROUP - 26–28kph · 90km · Saturdays and Sundays

Contact details of leaders Here

Open night coming up, and couch to 50km (which will be followed by 50 to 100km).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BrayTom

Thanks very much for the info its something I might consider, just hope i wouldn't be out of my depth,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

You were a few hours too late.. was texting around everyone this morning looking to see who was up for a spin.. South Dublin, out to Laragh. Ended up going myself but was little more than 50k. I would look to join a club too as your best bet for finding like minded cyclists up for a spin. Best of Luck! Enjoy it.

• Advertisement

That's a pity, i probably would have been up for it, i might be interested next time, let me know?
    Thanks.

BrayTom wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the info its something I might consider, just hope i wouldn't be out of my depth,
    You definitely wouldn't. Just pick the group. Come along to the open night!

Just to come back as I'm no longer on my phone - you should give it a go. You get 3 spins before you have to join CI and the club.

Be realistic on the group you pick, speed and distance, and then move up if it's too slow. Anything below "Green" is purely a social spin, and even then Green is definitely not a drop ride/ all out/ race pace (there's a race training group for that nonsense!).

Later in the year, following the couch to 50km, there's an Introduction to Group Riding/ 50-100km programme that normally leaves from the old town hall.

Thanks for the info, sounds like something for me , unfortunately I can't make the opening night as im away but I will make contact with them, as i have been cycling alone for a while and I need a bit of motivation to push me on .

Just giving this a bump, as the Open Night is on this Wednesday!

Plenty of experienced group leaders available to chat to, advise on spin groups based, even if you don't think the couch to 50k is for you!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up , but unfortunately I can't make it Wednesday as I am working night shift, pity as I was really interested ,

Advertisement