Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rob McElhenney's new show - Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

They didn’t say.

But in season 2 he has a much reduced role - his character takes centre stage in two late episodes (one of which he’s played by a different actor and another in which he and one other are basically the only regulars) and aside from that he doesn’t really interact with the other cast. For covid related reasons, obviously.

Post edited by icdg on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I really enjoyed this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Apparently not a nice guy. And allegations of inappropriate actions.

I enjoy the show quite a bit. (The standalone episode in season one of the couple was just fantastic). Without isolating a mainstream audience they manage to get in enough nerd culture to satisfy. Much more so than the awful big bang theory. The white tester for example does the voice of Aloy in Horizon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

It's like the office set in a company that makes an online mmo fantasy game . It's a good entertaining comedy. If you don't play games you may not get all the references to gaming culture. It's similar to silicon Valley but set in a gaming developer company not a social media company. The gaming footage is all made by ubisoft so it looks very realistic. Maybe the first comedy that features people who play games that don't just show them as stereotyped cliche, s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I had to Google what an “Aloy in Horizon” is :p

my first reaction to “inappropriate behaviour” was (like with Frank Langella) “dirty old man” - but then I think, what did these guys actually do it say?

Are they creeps or was it just harmless banter and people today are too sensitive? But also with people being hypersensitive these days could these lads not reign it in?

a pity though as I really liked the character

I thought Big Bang was funny during the first season with all the characters being likeable but didn’t watch season 2. Saw a few episodes years later the four guys had turned into mean spirited assholes. And the nerd thing was just dated and tiresome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I don’t think there was many (if any) pop culture references other than “naming the first game you fell in love with”.

Very strange seeing Julian from The Sinner being funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I thought Big Bang was funny during the first season with all the characters being likeable but didn’t watch season 2. Saw a few episodes years later the four guys had turned into mean spirited assholes. And the nerd thing was just dated and tiresome

Same. For my sins I thought the first couple of seasons were quite fun but then it became more and more obvious that it was a case of "Let's make fun of the guys on the spectrum". I saw one scene with Mark Hamil and Will Wheaton which was funny but that's mainly 'cos Hamil is awesome. But I remember the exact moment when I went from "This isn't very good" to "I hate this" It was an episode where they wanted to get a table in the apartment. Sheldon protested. They capitulated and he said "See? Sometimes being a baby wins". That EXACT moment I realised this show hated the "nerds" they were supposed to be "accepting"

But... Back to MQ: I don't know what the story with F Murray Abraham was. I thought there was some issue but he has found work elsewhere so maybe not. I think maybe it was just the statement they put out "He's not coming back and that's all we'll say on that". I liked him but I thought they kind of twisted his character too. Those two episodes about him (The flashback one and the one visiting the Frenemy.... Or was that one episode) really turned me against the character. Moved him from older generation inappropriateness to nastiness. So maybe they were just done with the character or he didn't want to return given his character arc.

It will be interesting to see where it goes. I mean, the show isn't going to change the world. But it's entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

F. Murray Abraham reportedly fired from Mythic Quest due to sexual misconduct allegations

Source EW

Advertisement