Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam call

Options
  • 08-01-2020 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Got a call from 083-6579513

No one there when I answered and then it sort of clicked in like the other end picked up after I had said "hello" a few times.

Some guy claiming to be from UFX wanted to talk to me about a trading account. He referred to me as "Mr Barry" - my surname.

I quickly tried to get rid of him even though he tried to keep me on longer to talk about a trading account. I googled UFX and seems to be some sort of trading website.

Haven't had a cold call like that in a long time. Where would some random guy have for my number and surname combo from? Seems very dodgy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Some company who has your details is either selling information or has been breached.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

.... Where would some random guy have for my number and surname combo from? Seems very dodgy?

That is what phone books were for ;)

Advertisement