Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising covers for outside poles

Options
  • 08-01-2020 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi

So DCC came in yesterday to give us a notice regarding the sandwich board we have outside. We knew it was going to happen so that's the end of the board.

We have 3 ram? bars directly outisde our shop window. I have seen advertising covers over bollards/poles before and wondered would they attract the same attention from DCC? They are part of our shutter system and when the shutters are up the bars are there. No obstruction to public path.

Anyone have any ideas on that and also what are the covers called and what type of business would supply? I've googled but most are US based, I'm sure there must be Irish companies doing it.

Thanks
    Larko

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Have you tried Snap Printing? They also probably could advise. I'm not sure that the covers you talk about would conform - it's not just about obstruction, don't the Planning regs specify any advertising?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

Have you tried Snap Printing? They also probably could advise. I'm not sure that the covers you talk about would conform - it's not just about obstruction, don't the Planning regs specify any advertising?

Thanks I'll call into Snap and ask. I'll also have to look further into the applicable regs. The bars I have are a fixed structure but I didnt consider the advertising part of it could be the issue. Thought it was to do with movable advertising signs and being a trip hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Sandwich boards are banned for two reasons – safety grounds (trip/fall hazard) and blocking a footpath. From memory there also is a catch-all regulation covering visual impact on the character of the street - for e.g. that's used for banner adverts. Let us know how you get on....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

We've done them for customers. Council have taken some of them on grounds that they're litter. They haven't been fined, so our customers never wanted to push it. Make them from corriboard, slit on side of the flute and the fold into 3 or 4 sides, and tape it. Any signage company will be able to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Yeah a sign company will do it. Snap printing will prob just sub it out to a sign company anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement