Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using the GoMo network on here?

• 09-01-2020 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

I'm really tempted to try this network giving it only costs E10 a month but I'm just curious how does it perform around limerick city and county? I've read a lot about setup issues with porting and such but I'd be interested to know what data speeds are like compared to your previous network. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pedro.prado

I'm really tempted to try this network giving it only costs E10 a month but I'm just curious how does it perform around limerick city and county? I've read a lot about setup issues with porting and such but I'd be interested to know what data speeds are like compared to your previous network. Thanks in advance!

Wife migrated from Three and she is happy.
    I work in Shannon and on my office there is no coverage yet, so I am not using it; I am on Vodafone, just for coverage comparison basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I'm using it and haven't had any issues so far. On occasion, the data might drop from 4G to 3G for a moment but it hasn't really caused any inconvenience. If you're streaming a lot of video, it might not be the best network but it's more than adequate for regular usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The best thing to do is pay the tenner early in the month - see how it works for your location and then decide if you want to carry on
    You pay 9.99 basically for the sim then start getting billed from the next month, so for the sake of a tenner nothing to lose. Leave the porting til later in case it's not good in your area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭sioda

Using it since day one no issues identical to Eir who I moved from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

With them a few weeks over from Eir. Half the price and the same service , albeit much higher allowances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Switched from virgin before xmas & have had no issues. Better signal strength, I am in the Caherconlish area.

Very good so far, drops from 4g to 3g now and then but i had that issue on nearly all the networks and i switched to most of them, but other than that no complaints.

Got my sister and mother to sign up to it before the promotion ended, the plus side its 9.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

fritzelly wrote: »
    The best thing to do is pay the tenner early in the month - see how it works for your location and then decide if you want to carry on
    You pay 9.99 basically for the sim then start getting billed from the next month, so for the sake of a tenner nothing to lose. Leave the porting til later in case it's not good in your area

Good advice, i am out of contract with 3 in March and was going to try this, it would save me €35 a month so bit of a no brainer. Does anyone know if the sim will work in a 3 networked phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Good advice, i am out of contract with 3 in March and was going to try this, it would save me €35 a month so bit of a no brainer. Does anyone know if the sim will work in a 3 networked phone?

No you will need to get the unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

If anyone is using a lot of data be aware, despite being advertised as unlimited data the fair usage cap is 80gb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

orm0nd wrote: »
    No you will need to get the unlocked.

Will the signal be pretty much the same as Eir? My wife is on Eir and has better signl than me at our house. I will be able to get the unlock code from 3 once my contract is up I presume.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

bodonnell wrote: »
    If anyone is using a lot of data be aware, despite being advertised as unlimited data the fair usage cap is 80gb.

None of them are unlimited. They all have fair usage limits. But 80Gb is a lot of data to use on a phone. I don't use that much on my home BB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Will the signal be pretty much the same as Eir? My wife is on Eir and has better signl than me at our house. I will be able to get the unlock code from 3 once my contract is up I presume.

Yeah, it's owned by Eir so it's the Eir network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Yeah, it's owned by Eir so it's the Eir network.

And that is the main reason to avoid. Eir have objectively the worst customer service of any network and treat their customers like dirt. I’d avoid for that reason alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've had my son on it since launch and had no issue.
    Usual areas of use are Caherdavin, City Centre and anywhere else teens congregate.

if you have Eir coverage you won't have a problem.
    Also as a good to know, over the next 18months Eir and Three will be sharing sites and coverage for Eir will improve even more.

I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

bodonnell wrote: »
    ...and unlike most other providers (who just ignore the Cap, unless you take the p!ss every month) Gomo will throttle you down to practically nothing if you exceed the 80GB. A lot more info over on the Mobiles Section in the Technology bit of boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Thanks for the replies all! Think I'll chance it. I can get out of it fairly quickly if it's a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dylan765

Was more than happy with it until today, nearly 20mb a sec in a rural area, had been getting 1mb a sec if lucky through cable bb, ran into a very surprising issue today though, my wordpress admin keeps timing out along with my domain webmail, according to hosting support its an isp issue, checked this by using a different network and had no issues using my admin etc, so quite strange least for a wordpress newbie anyway, so trying to get through to gomo customer support is it seems nigh on impossible which is a worry, i should add i have no issues whatsoever accessing the web or sites, just seems to be this rather strange issue that has developed today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My only issue with them so far was travelling up and down to Newbridge on Sunday. I was using TuneinRadio App and it stopped working 4 times on the journey which never happened with Eir.

Now granted there are black spots on that journey I would imagine but I never hit those Blackspots with Eir which is the same equipment so maybe the speeds aren't as good.

Pay less get less but still for €9.99 I'm more than happy.

Note: It's now €12.99 since 8am on the 15th January for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Using it myself for €9.99 and haven't had any problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement