Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 22 captain

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    Jaysus I had him down as a possible bench candidate for me and now I’m wondering if I’m missing something

Certainly wouldn't bench him but no way on God's green earth I would captain him. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    Certainly wouldn't bench him but no way on God's green earth I would captain him. Ever.

It’s him or Greenwood at the mo and if Greenwood starts I feel Norwich are much more porous than Newcastle

CSF wrote: »
    It’s him or Greenwood at the mo and if Greenwood starts I feel Norwich are much more porous than Newcastle

There is a big IF in that sentence
    Also have a look back at Norwich's record since they have had 2 centre halves fit
    They are conceding on average only one goal a game away from home.
    Newcastle have the worst XGC for last 4 weeks and have conceded 9 in 4 games
    Play Traore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Definitely think I'm going against the grain this week and avoiding Vardy.

Jimenez and De Bruyne the standouts for me.

Newcastle are struggling with injuries, shipped a good few goals the past 3 weeks, while Wolves are scoring, Jimi has always let me down when I've captained him.

Villa have lost their keeper, Nyland did okay midweek but he was awful last year. Tough game on a heavy pitch midweek might take its toll on them. De Bruyne went off with a knock Tuesday, slight concern he might be rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Definitely think I'm going against the grain this week and avoiding Vardy.

Jimenez and De Bruyne the standouts for me.

Newcastle are struggling with injuries, shipped a good few goals the past 3 weeks, while Wolves are scoring, Jimi has always let me down when I've captained him.

Villa have lost their keeper, Nyland did okay midweek but he was awful last year. Tough game on a heavy pitch midweek might take its toll on them. De Bruyne went off with a knock Tuesday, slight concern he might be rested.

We have looked much more solid defensively since going 3 at the back and having Mings back though. Goal conceded expectancy should drop a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Aguero. Yes its impossible to second guess pep but rested and up against a back 3 suits him better than jesus doesn't it? Or am I trying to convince myself it does...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Salah. He's up for it and threatening every game. Opponent irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭shmeee

Is it a case of just going with the flow this week and Vardy?

I've the band on Mane at the moment......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Going against the brain and picking Rashford.

Hope he doesn't upset the apple tart and turn out to be a damp squid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Going against the brain and picking Rashford.

Hope he doesn't upset the apple tart and turn out to be a damp squid.

apple cart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    apple cart

Squib, I think that was the joke Bertie:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,115 ✭✭✭893bet

Surely Southampton be looking for revenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Going for Martial because I hate myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

This will be the third week in a row that Vardy has been winner in captain poll by a big margin.... the previous two times... he didn’t play.

.... this time... it should be a vardy party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Tough one this week, I'm not as high on Vardy as others seem to be as I expect Southampton to be a tougher nut to crack than they were in the reverse fixture. My gut says to go for Martial, but I've had captaincy fails the last 3 weeks in a row which puts me off gambling. Going to go with the crowd and hope for a Vardy party.

Just stuck with Vardy
    A nine pointer will suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

Voted Vardy yesterday, but switched to Jimi this evening after reading about Southampton's defensive stats over the last 4 weeks. Was tempted by Salah too! Hardest captain pick in a while. Best of luck to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

KDB got my armband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Vardy

Advertisement