Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PME post primary/MGO(irish) in NUI Galway

Options
  • 09-01-2020 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, looking information on the PME in Galway and also the Irish language course the MGO. Just wondering has anyone done either of these or know anything about them to compare? I have a degree in Irish, I am a mature student who took up Irish via a diploma and then decided on the degree and would now like to teach. I live in Tyrone (from the south) but my leaving cert Maths isn't acceptable up here to do the PGCE so I'm hoping to apply this year for the PME/MGO. I applied last year for the MGO and didn't get in, so this time round I will have a years experience working full time as a classroom assistant in an Irish language secondary school as well as some youth club experience outside of that so I'm hoping for a more successful application this time round.

So if anyone could shed any light on either course I'd really appreciate it. From the interview last time round which was just the Irish language interview (I never made it past that , I was so flustered with a different accent having been learning Ulster Irish, rectified this year) there seemed to be a big focus on technology and specifically IPad's as part of the course teaching for the MGO. Also I'd appreciate any information on what the interview involves for either course. (Living in hope i get that far).

Thanks in advance

Advertisement