Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies greatest song of the 90's

13»

Comments

Entries sent. Bit rushed but I’m done. Loads of great tunes again so really looking forward to hearing all the nominations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Lost track of this and just noticed we are over 200 and I want to add a couple of my own.

Right, we are closed for business.

Will get the admin completed and possibly start this on Thursday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If you're that close you might as well go for 256?

quickbeam wrote: »
    If you're that close you might as well go for 256?

If you can pm me 50 unique songs by Thursday, why not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

So what's the objective? Will a winner be picked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So what's the objective? Will a winner be picked?

Songs are matched against one another and people vote for their favourites to advance to the next round until there's an overall winner. Here's the 80s thread to give you an idea of what goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kolido wrote: »
    Lost track of this and just noticed we are over 200 and I want to add a couple of my own.

Right, we are closed for business.

Will get the admin completed and possibly start this on Thursday.

I think you should wait until Monday to start... because I'm selfish, and in Madrid this weekend, and don't want to miss out on the action... ;)

But whatever, seeing as how the early rounds of the '80s one went, the best songs will probably get knocked out in the qualifiers... Might be better for my sanity to only get back for the business end of the competition... :D

What’s the stats, kolido? How many different songs do we have?

I think you should wait until Monday to start... because I'm selfish, and in Madrid this weekend, and don't want to miss out on the action... ;)

But whatever, seeing as how the early rounds of the '80s one went, the best songs will probably get knocked out in the qualifiers... Might be better for my sanity to only get back for the business end of the competition... :D

I could pause for the weekend, I dont have much time anyway to be online.

What’s the stats, kolido? How many different songs do we have?

Its around 210, there are a few PMs I need to add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kolido wrote: »
    I could pause for the weekend, I dont have much time anyway to be online.

Was genuinely only messing, so you should honestly just do whatever works best for you! I'm sure no one would begrudge you a weekend off anyway, especially after all the work in the last comp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'd say just work with whatever has been submitted at this stage. A few byes to round 2 won't make a difference in the long run, in comparison to having exactly 256 songs.

So we have 212 currently, I want to add a couple, will leave us with a perfect number for a qualifying round with multi noms getting a bye.

We are on schedule to start tomorrow around 10am. We will likely pause for the weekend.

Thanks everyone for the nominations.

Advertisement