Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card for Self-Employed

Options
  • 09-01-2020 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Looking for a little help on applying for a credit card.

Background on myself is I am self employed Engineering Contractor I get paid a weekly salary and have no overheads or staff; having returned to Ireland from oversease approx 12 months ago.

I have tried TSB and Bank of Ireland and a few others but as soon as I mention self-employment there is a request for two years books.

Here is my problem as I have only been self employed with less than 12 months and have not submitted my first tax return yet.

There seems to be very little options available for self employed people with regards getting credit.

Has anyone else experienced these issues for being self employed or more importantly a way to get approved for a credit card?

Not looking for a huge limit just say maybe 750 - 1000 just to tie me over between pay periods.

Advertisement