Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

personal loan approval

Options
  • 09-01-2020 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi There, 

I applied for a personal loan on Jan 2nd via the online portal and was conditionally approved provided I uploaded proof of PPSN. I uploaded the required documents on Jan 7th. I called the lending helpline yesterday and the lady I was talking to said they just needed to be reviewed by the online lending team and then the loan documents would be forwarded on. My reference number is gg9674.  

I'm just wondering is there any way of expediting the process of document review? The reason I ask is that I am purchasing a laptop with the loan for my work, which will be reimbursed through a research grant. I had budgeted in the grant for a cost of €1,000 for the laptop. However the price of the model I am purchasing has been increasing in recent days, from €929 on Jan 5th to €1129 today. As the budget for IT equipment in the grant is capped at €1,000, I will not be re-imbursed for any costs above this. And as such, if prices continue to increase I will be unable to purchase the laptop in time for the commencement of data collection on my research study (Jan 20th). 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 
    Kind regards
    Ann

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Ann,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

As each loan would be assessed on a case by case basis, timeframes can vary. Rest assured our colleagues on the lending team are working through processing these applications.

We're sorry to hear about the cost of the laptop increasing. It would be best to get in touch with our lending team on 0818200334 and one of our advisors will be happy to look at your application and help as best they can.

For security, we would not have access to applications here.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2 anmlaca

Ok I will do that, thanks!

Advertisement