Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get a large number of coins, especially 1c, 2c?

• 09-01-2020 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Question as above. I want a large number of coins, perhaps two or three thousand, with 1c and 2c coins being most useful, because reasons. And small denomination notes (€5 and €10).

I suppose I could try asking a bank to exchange a few €50 notes for a variety of coins, but I guess they would charge for that service. At the moment I'm simply sticking a €50 note into the self service tills at Tesco when I'm only buying a loaf of bread and a litre of milk, but that's pretty inefficient and anyway those self service machines don't give you 1c or 2c coins.

Any ideas how I can get all these coins?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,466 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I can't see why a bank would charge you for that.

They only take bagged and counted/weighed coins in, so they surely should give them out again!

(I realise that logic isn't always at the forefront of banking services)

Have you asked a bank?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Question as above. I want a large number of coins, perhaps two or three thousand, with 1c and 2c coins being most useful, because reasons. And small denomination notes (€5 and €10).

I suppose I could try asking a bank to exchange a few €50 notes for a variety of coins, but I guess they would charge for that service. At the moment I'm simply sticking a €50 note into the self service tills at Tesco when I'm only buying a loaf of bread and a litre of milk, but that's pretty inefficient and anyway those self service machines don't give you 1c or 2c coins.

Any ideas how I can get all these coins?

Ask your parish priest, offer to swap his weekly collections for notes....

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

I'll give you 50 1c coins for a 50 note

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭raxy

Sit on O'Connell bridge with an empty McDonald's cup for a few hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭raxy

Or charity shops may have coins from donations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Just contact your bank to make sure they have the amount you want, & ask them to order them in for you if they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,791 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You making that coin floor?

Advertisement