Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gravel/cyclo-cross bike under 1000eur

Options
  • 09-01-2020 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

like the subject says any recommendations for gravel/cyclo-cross bike under 1000eur that can be bought in Dublin bike shops?

I like Kona Rove but I can't seem to find it in Dublin bike shops.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

The Rove should be available from Cyclebike just off Capel Street along the LUAS line
    https://www.cyclebike.ie/search/kona+rove/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I thought there was stockists of Kona in Dublin?

I'm in the process of upgrading from the Rove AL 2017 (to a Topstone). It's grand, but heavy (12kg) and unforgiving with a full AL fork. Rims not tubeless ready, so that's limited my scope for comfort from tyre pressure, and I looked into upgrading the fork, but it's a straight, not a standard taper steerer. Also, the 2017 was compact, rather than a sub compact chainset, so not even 1:1 ratios.

I've done 100km+ gravel spins on it (Lakelander Gravel Grinder), but in for the Dirty Reiver 200 his year and really couldn't face into that on it in all honesty. Still keeping it as my commuter though, and as a family spare. For it's faults, it seems pretty bullet proof!

I'd really consider stretching for the Canyon Grail AL, or one of the Topstone AL models tbh. Topstone Sora would be better at €140 over budget, cyclesuperstore have them.

Advertisement