Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative monitor to Dell Ultrasharp U2719D Monitor

Options
  • 09-01-2020 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I manage the budget for our IT dept in work and I'm looking for an alternative to the Dell Ultrasharp U2719D 27inch monitor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JGSPQV2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We are currently purchasing them from Dell for 279 euro ex VAT
    They aren't a bad monitors at all but I'm just wondering if there is a better alternative to give our developers.
    No complaints from them so far but just want to make sure I'm not missing out on a better one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭14ned

I'm surprised the U2719D is so cheap. Dell's website lists it as €370 ex VAT.

Dell have upped their game recently in almost everything, including monitors. It's unlikely anything from Dell will be awful. That said, me personally, for the same money as the U2719D you can get a wide gamut 24 inch 4K Dell monitor. Whether it's worth the hassle of graphics card incompatibility with 4K on your many machines etc is another matter.

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

14ned wrote: »
    I'm surprised the U2719D is so cheap. Dell's website lists it as €370 ex VAT.

Dell have upped their game recently in almost everything, including monitors. It's unlikely anything from Dell will be awful. That said, me personally, for the same money as the U2719D you can get a wide gamut 24 inch 4K Dell monitor. Whether it's worth the hassle of graphics card incompatibility with 4K on your many machines etc is another matter.

Niall

Yeah its a business account that we order quite a bit of stuff on so I guess they can do it for a good bit cheaper than the listed price.
    From what I can see I'm probably getting the best bang for buck with what I currently order but no harm in asking for alternatives

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-S2719DGF-Anti-Glare-LED-backlit-Monitor/dp/B07HRZ57ZZ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=dell+165hz&qid=1578670928&s=computers&sr=1-4

This guy is pretty decent, 155hz isn't only for games either, easier on the eyes for a days work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

How many monitors do they have on their desk?

With regards the 24" 4k mentioned above, forget about it. With a screen that tiny, you will have the resolution scaling set to 150% or even 200% anyway, just to be able to read text on the screen.

However, if the devs have multiple monitors, it can be easier to replace all that with one large 4K monitor, but would need it to be > 32" and really aiming for 40".

A 40" 4K monitor is the equivalent of 4 20" HD monitors in a grid formation with no bezel between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

We have 27" philips in the office
    https://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=ECE3995303

Setup in a quad configuration.

Its an epic amount of screen real estate!

• Advertisement
Advertisement