Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new vape

Options
  • 09-01-2020 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all,

Been on the vapes for a while, and went back on the b****d cigarettes. Looking for a new setup. Currently using a trinity alpha pod system with nic salts, but want to go back to sub-ohm'ing.

Have done this before & built my own coils etc using RTA's & RDA's. Just wondering if looking for a new RTA & mod setup now, what should I go with?

For a mod, I'd like something small enough... had a nunchaku which I liked, but battery life wasnt great even with sony VTC6's. Used a 3 cell wismec reuleaux yoke, battery life was good, but a pain in the arse to carry it around.

Aegis legend looks cool, just about as big as I'd like to go, but they are supposed to be damn solid? Any other suggestions on this front?

I suppose what I'm looking for is a tank that is: easy to build & take apart, & easy to fill with no leaking. I know this might lead people to tell me to use a tank that you buy coils for, but I found the quality of these always varied greatly depending on batches you got. Kylin mini was my favourite tank, other than it was awful to take apart.

Are the wotofo unity profile tanks any good? like the look of them, & the mesh looks handier than twisting my own coils. Most RTA's I've had in the past have been: Tough to take apart; Leaky; An arse to build. Or a combination of all of the above.

Mod, I'm not as picky, I want something relatively solid, no real want or need for TC. I think 2 cell is my limit, maybe 20700 is the way to go for a nice compromise between size & capacity?

Any ideas would be great, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Steve666

My fav 2 cell device is the Eleaf Invoke, recommended on here by a few. A 2 cell device couldn't be smaller or lighter than that.

Haven't tried that mesh tank, but tried a couple of mesh RDAs - couldn't get into them at all. Also, it annoyed me that they take so much cotton that it takes about 3 or 4ml of juice to get them saturated, and that's juice you'll never get back.

My fav RTA of the last year is the Gear. Small, simple and easy to build/wick. A fantastic all-rounder. Single coil, but you can put a big monster of a coil in there if needs be, and it'll do just as well with a little 26g coil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Steve666 wrote: »
    My fav 2 cell device is the Eleaf Invoke, recommended on here by a few. A 2 cell device couldn't be smaller or lighter than that.

Haven't tried that mesh tank, but tried a couple of mesh RDAs - couldn't get into them at all. Also, it annoyed me that they take so much cotton that it takes about 3 or 4ml of juice to get them saturated, and that's juice you'll never get back.

My fav RTA of the last year is the Gear. Small, simple and easy to build/wick. A fantastic all-rounder. Single coil, but you can put a big monster of a coil in there if needs be, and it'll do just as well with a little 26g coil.

Agree with everything above, Gear is excellent,only downside is the small capacity but otherwise excellent.
    Another rta to consider is the Zeus X, top afc, leak free, easy coil and wick,top class flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Agree with everything above, Gear is excellent,only downside is the small capacity but otherwise excellent.
    Another rta to consider is the Zeus X, top afc, leak free, easy coil and wick,top class flavour.

OP
    I have a Gear spare I am selling and some mods i am thinking of putting up on the buy sell thread. Mods include drag 2 and vaporesso gen 3. These are mint condition as they're in silicon covers. If any of these items interest you shout and I'll throw up some pics. I may have others just need to have a think about what i want to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have an invoke I don't use anymore if you're interested, can throw in 2 Samsung 25rs as well. Also have a kylin v2 but possibly not what you're looking for by the sound of it

• Registered Users Posts: 39 medi_bai

Thanks all for the help.

youcancallmeal, how much are you looking for for the mod?

conjon, how much for your gear? and what is the drip tip on that? forgot to say I like the wide (810?) drip tips?

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Invoke is a great mod, thoroughly recommend. Have two myself that I use daily. One particular feature I love on it, is that you can send through an extra bit of power initially for like 0.5 second, so you avoid the coil having to ramp up. I recently dusted off an old istick mod as I needed something small for over the christmas and boy did I miss/notice the lack of ramp up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

medi_bai wrote: »
    Thanks all for the help.

conjon, how much for your gear? and what is the drip tip on that? forgot to say I like the wide (810?) drip tips?

Thanks again

Is 30 okay, do you want the batteries too? I have a silver and a black one. Sure pm if you want to discuss

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

medi_bai wrote: »
    Thanks all for the help.

Thanks again

Medi sorry only seeing this now, up to my tonsils work wise. Its a proprietary drip tip. I've both the grey and black versions. Ill do 20 delivery. I dont have the coils that came with it, but can add a Chris Grimes handmade one which should last you months. Can post a pic of both tonight attys tonight if needed

conjon wrote: »
    Medi sorry only seeing this now, up to my tonsils work wise. Its a proprietary drip tip. I've both the grey and black versions. Ill do 20 delivery. I dont have the coils that came with it, but can add a Chris Grimes handmade one which should last you months. Can post a pic of both tonight attys tonight if needed

No problem at all conjon. Some pictures would be deadly, whenever you have a chance :)

Not in any particular rush anyway, as I've bought myself an aegis mini along with an innokin zlide for out and about vaping, should be able to take the beatings I throw at it!

eagerly awaiting my invoke courtesy of @youcancallmeall to pair this with!

Invoke mod arrived today, loving it so far, cheers youcancallmeal!

• Advertisement
Advertisement