Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pretty lazy from Adidas, not much different than this away from a few years ago

00180291_00.jpg?imwidth=600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

xtal191 wrote: »
    Pretty lazy from Adidas, not much different than this away from a few years ago

00180291_00.jpg?imwidth=600

Yeah, they haven't been tearing up trees with their designs since coming on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Its not like the team have been giving them much of an incentive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Adidas have made great jerseys. But i love Adidas stuff so I generally would like them anyway unless it’s really awful.

• Rashford is an absolute fantastic role model

Well deserved of that award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Does today's news mean that we could be seeing United back playing on the weekend of the 20th/21st June?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Does today's news mean that we could be seeing United back playing on the weekend of the 20th/21st June?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Great news. I'd fancy our chances of getting top 4 with a full squad available. It will of course mean that we have another season of Ole to look forward to but I feel that even if we dont get a CL spot he wont get the boot so may as well be in it. I wonder will the plug be pulled on this seasons EL and CL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Great news. I'd fancy our chances of getting top 4 with a full squad available. It will of course mean that we have another season of Ole to look forward to but I feel that even if we dont get a CL spot he wont get the boot so may as well be in it. I wonder will the plug be pulled on this seasons EL and CL?

Really hope not. CL was shaping up nicely and was looking forward to United in Europa. French and Dutch leagues calling off the season probably means no dice though you'd think?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Liam O wrote: »
    Really hope not. CL was shaping up nicely and was looking forward to United in Europa. French and Dutch leagues calling off the season probably means no dice though you'd think?

Seen some chatter about a World Cup style ending, in a neutral country. Which should be doable if all teams are being routinely tested, if they can expand on to staff, etc too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Seen some chatter about a World Cup style ending, in a neutral country. Which should be doable if all teams are being routinely tested, if they can expand on to staff, etc too.

Interesting.

From a purely logistical point of view I doubt that would happen. If it was all in one country you would inevitably have a lot of people that would travel to said country regardless of any risk to their own or everyone elses health. What country would also want to put themselves in the firing for hosting such an event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Interesting.

From a purely logistical point of view I doubt that would happen. If it was all in one country you would inevitably have a lot of people that would travel to said country regardless of any risk to their own or everyone elses health. What country would also want to put themselves in the firing for hosting such an event?
    Florida baby.

So, likelihood of Pogba playing when the league starts up again?

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I think the barbers are opening up the same day so he will be "injured"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Will the FA cup resume or not yet decided?

MattS1 wrote: »
    Seems likely from what I've heard. Talk that FA would not have been as supportive of PL restarting if FA cup was not a priority. Money to be made from those big ties that are left to be played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Interesting.

It's the sort of thing i could see Dubai or Qatar clamoring for.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    It's the sort of thing i could see Dubai or Qatar clamoring for.

temps in August would be too much of an issue, I'd have thought.looking at a minimum of 30degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

So what’s our first fixture??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Rock77 wrote: »
    So what’s our first fixture??

Aston VillaTBC Man Utd  Villa Park, Birmingham 
    BrightonTBC Man Utd  Amex Stadium, Falmer 
    Crystal PalaceTBC Man Utd  Selhurst Park, London 
    LeicesterTBC Man Utd  King Power Stadium, Leicester 
    Man UtdTBC Sheffield Utd  Old Trafford, Manchester 
    Man UtdTBC West Ham  Old Trafford, Manchester 
    Man UtdTBC Southampton  Old Trafford, Manchester 
    Man UtdTBC Bournemouth  Old Trafford, Manchester 
    SpursTBC Man Utd  Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London 

not in correct date order either

i think thats correct. the formatting is ****ed though!

Dates will be announced tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

temps in August would be too much of an issue, I'd have thought.looking at a minimum of 30degrees.

Being kind with the minimum there.

FYI, Qatar FA intend on finishing their domestic league starting in July so they are daft enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1266295133227511809?s=20

Leicester City v Chelsea
    Newcastle United v Manchester City
    Sheffield United v Arsenal
    Norwich City v Manchester United

Good to see it returning, decent chance of some silverware.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Being kind with the minimum there.

FYI, Qatar FA intend on finishing their domestic league starting in July so they are daft enough.

Yeah, was going very much for the minimum... plus we the assumption if you did play games there, in August, you'd be looking at late evening kick-offs. No way you'd be playing during the day time at all.

• Advertisement

• Any word on the Europa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Any word on the Europa?

Yea Mata is cup tied

Super excited about not just the fact its coming back, but the aspect of how it's coming back.

It's going to be an intense few weeks, and it will be fascinating to see how we manage the high number of games in a short span of time. Think a few players will get chances to shine thanks to having to rotate the squad, and getting Pogba and Rashford back is awesome too.

Agree, I think having a core of ~18 outfield players who can come in and out of the team without having a massive dip in performances is going to be more important now more than ever.

Having Ighalo around for a few more months could be the difference between a successful season and a blowout.

Edit: I didn't even realise we'll be able to make 5 substitutes over 3 slots. Even more reason why having a deep squad would be a big bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah, was going very much for the minimum... plus we the assumption if you did play games there, in August, you'd be looking at late evening kick-offs. No way you'd be playing during the day time at all.

It's 5pm and 41 degrees right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It's 5pm and 41 degrees right now.

Factor 30 be waste of time there so
    :eek:

https://twitter.com/saulniguez/status/1267066436905811969

Saul teasing a "new club" announcement in 3 days. 99% chance this is him promoting some new brand, but since he was linked with us....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Ighalo expected to stay until end of January 21.

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/1267068887738257409?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Ighalo expected to stay until end of January 21.

https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/1267068887738257409?s=20

That’s great news. He’s not a world beater but a great “different” option to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

adox wrote: »
    That’s great news. He’s not a world beater but a great “different” option to have.

And he’s a likeable chap aswell who is unquestionably a fan of the club.

Been a long time since we had a team of players who I generally liked. Regardless of Oles success or failure, he’s certainly filling the squad with good characters. Love to see players like Fred find form under Ole aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

If the money Ighalo was reportedly being offered from China is true and he's in anyway put that in jeopardy from being possible in the future to stay at Utd then I'm lost for words, he's the exact opposite of a mercenary.

He's only been at the club a few months but he's had a offer that would easily have gotten most mercen.......i mean players *cough Tevez cough* on a plane to China and would have even tempted the most loyal players who were at the club long term to earn one last big retirement pay day, yet he's not had a full season with us and is turning down insane offers to stay at the club. Its very rare to see someone in the modern games who primary motivation isn't personal financial gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It seemed pretty clear to me from his first few interviews he was genuinely delighted to play for the team and really wanted to make the most of it. Literally the only thing stopping him joining full time would be what his Chinese club would ask for, I think he'd accept any contract that was offered just so he could stay here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

If the money Ighalo was reportedly being offered from China is true and he's in anyway put that in jeopardy from being possible in the future to stay at Utd then I'm lost for words, he's the exact opposite of a mercenary.

He's only been at the club a few months but he's had a offer that would easily have gotten most mercen.......i mean players *cough Tevez cough* on a plane to China and would have even tempted the most loyal players who were at the club long term to earn one last big retirement pay day, yet he's not had a full season with us and is turning down insane offers to stay at the club. Its very rare to see someone in the modern games who primary motivation isn't personal financial gain.

It also says a lot about the club, maybe not as a whole, but the fact he wants to stay must mean the atmosphere/ambition is good around the first team. Regardless of whether it’s his dream club to play for , I doubt he would stay if he felt things weren’t what he wanted/envisaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

United v Arsenal from 03-04 currentlyon Sky. Its been so long, that I don't remember the result so don't blame me if it turns out bad.

Edit: I was at that f***ing game. Watch Murder She Wrote or something

I would wait for more details on the deal before commending Ighalo from turning his back on millions. Delighted that he's staying for the next 8 months but it sounds like a no brainer as he can't return to play in China. Everybody wins right now. I'll be curious if he had to sign this contract extension before the loan was extended as was suggested or if there's any chance he could stay beyond January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just seen a quick video of the lads training and shaw looks like he enjoyed the lockdown a bit too much, not sure how to link the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hococop wrote: »
    Just seen a quick video of the lads training and shaw looks like he enjoyed the lockdown a bit too much, not sure how to link the video

One badly taken photo isnt great.

The clear ones, he looks in ok shape. Not as bad as some are saying.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1266443708318339072?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

One badly taken photo isnt great.

The clear ones, he looks in ok shape. Not as bad as some are saying.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1266443708318339072?s=19

I can see Shaw doing a Neville Southall after he retires

Hattrick for Sancho today, can't wait to see him with us next season. Him Rashford and whoever will be a potentially world class front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hattrick for Sancho today, can't wait to see him with us next season. Him Rashford and whoever will be a potentially world class front 3.
    Huh?....he hasn't signed anything

gmisk wrote: »
    Huh?....he hasn't signed anything

I've presumed it's going to be done anyway ha. May as well be optimistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would love to see Sancho coming to utd but I think you're getting far head of yourself.

It's bit of a fall coming from Dortmund challenging for the Bundesliga and every season in the CL to utd who are just scraping for 4th and just a Europa League club

Cannot see it happening tbh, the host of European clubs will be knocking down Dortmunds door for Sancho and utd will be back of the line tbh

Headshot wrote: »
    I would love to see Sancho coming to utd but I think you're getting far head of yourself.

It's bit of a fall coming from Dortmund challenging for the Bundesliga and every season in the CL to utd who are just scraping for 4th and just a Europa League club

Cannot see it happening tbh, the host of European clubs will be knocking down Dortmunds door for Sancho and utd will be back of the line tbh

Let's see but I'm very optimistic. I think it will be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sancho deal definitely depending on Pogba getting sold for a high amount one in one out on that. If we take player/players as part of Pogba deal that'll complicate things big time on the wage structure.

• Advertisement

Sancho deal definitely depending on Pogba getting sold for a high amount one in one out on that. If we take player/players as part of Pogba deal that'll complicate things big time on the wage structure.

Don't think Sancho depends on Pogba, I'd say Grealish is the replacement for Pogba. Sancho may be our only signing if no one else leaves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement