Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Strumms wrote: »
    Dele Ali out of the United vs Spurs game, hit with a one game ban because of some social media post which the Premier League didn’t approve of.

What about Eric Dier? Did he get away with jumping into the stand to confront a supporter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Liam O wrote: »
    What about when Ronaldo and Messi were 18/19? Did you know they were going to be the best players ever? Bearing in mind of course that Sancho's stats eclipse both of theirs at the same age, them playing for United and Barcelona and him for a weaker Dortmund team too.

Ronaldo’s debut for Utd was the first time I seen him and yes I knew straight away he was going to be something special.. did you not think so?

Messi I don’t remember the first time I seen him.

Point being sometimes massive money is spent on young players based on the potential seen in them, not by what they have won.

brinty wrote: »
    Great to see apples being compared to plums in the Sancho and mbappe debate.

They're not like for like players so like for like comparisons are not warranted.

Sancho is a better provider whereas mbappe is a better executor. Finishers always go for better money, as they should, but they're nothing without the Sancho's who provide the chances on a platter

Bit like comparing a defensive midfielder to a Winger or creative player. The creator gets more awards and is valued more because they do the job that requires more talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

jayo26 wrote: »
    Bruno is like the new more talented Mata, he just gets on with everyone and you couldn't dislike him.

Bit early after a few games to say more talented than Mata

He was one of the best players in the league for a few seasons and United have played him out of position for years

No doubt Bruno is better now but prime Mata was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Dele Ali out of the United vs Spurs game, hit with a one game ban because of some social media post which the Premier League didn’t approve of.

This is not a positive for us. He's been awful for most of this season. I don't rate him at all though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

This is not a positive for us. He's been awful for most of this season. I don't rate him at all though.

Who will they replace him with? Good season or not, he is still a goal threat and key player for them, and better for us that he is out.

Who will they replace him with? Good season or not, he is still a goal threat and key player for them, and better for us that he is out.

He's a weak link in the team I think, particularly when out of form as he has been this season. I'd rather see him in the side than an attacking quartet of Bergwijn, Moura, Son & Kane.

He doesn't press well, allows teams out with soft fouls and has been particularly poor on the ball this year.

He's a weak link in the team I think, particularly when out of form as he has been this season. I'd rather see him in the side than an attacking quartet of Bergwijn, Moura, Son & Kane.

He doesn't press well, allows teams out with soft fouls and has been particularly poor on the ball this year.

He still has 9 goals this season and could come back fully focused after the break. I would rather see him out of the team as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Literally scored against United the last time he played them.

Liam O wrote: »
    Literally scored against United the last time he played them.

Good goal as well to be fair but hardly a staunch counter point to my assertion that he is actually a weak link in the Spurs side.

• Advertisement

Good goal as well to be fair but hardly a staunch counter point to my assertion that he is actually a weak link in the Spurs side.

Even if he is. He is a goal threat. and they won't be in a position to bring him off the bench never mind start him. It can't be seen as anything but a good thing that United won't have to deal with him.

Particularly as a weakness of United, imo, is tracking runners from deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Nuts102 wrote: »

He was one of the best players in the league for a few seasons and United have played him out of position for years

We never got prime Mata tbf. Not his fault but we've only ever seen snippets of what he could do unfortunately.

Even if he is. He is a goal threat. and they won't be in a position to bring him off the bench never mind start him. It can't be seen as anything but a good thing that United won't have to deal with him.

Particularly as a weakness of United, imo, is tracking runners from deep.

Yep this is fair enough. Not being available from the bench is a positive for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    Bruno is like the new more talented Mata, he just gets on with everyone and you couldn't dislike him.

But is he cup tied like Mats ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

He offers plenty with the ball and without, pace, an ability to get in behind defenses as well as run at them and play a pass as well as finish. Form has been an issue

Dier is not at this moment in time suspended... bit of a weird one. Unless there is some legal loophole where he needs to be charged or given a hearing in person.. a big get out of jail card for Spurs if he gets to play as now is seemingly likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nuts102 wrote: »

I wasnt knocking Mata at all I think he was a very good player and he actually looked like he was getting a new lease of life playing with Bruno but i think Bruno is better.

I think Mata plays really well in a well functioning team where as i think Bruno can drag a less talented team to a higer level. I just think he has alround more to his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Mata was never the quickest but he did seem to lose speed before we signed him. Never hit the heights of his first 2 seasons for Chelsea with us.

Have to wonder if this had a factor.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2310369/Juan-Mata-played-117-games-break-August-2011.html

Also, a weakness from Juan’s perspective is that he’s a goal every 6 games guy. Considering the position he plays I’m not sure if that’s really effective enough a return.. he’s an attacking midfielder / forward and while yes that’s an ok return if you are a central midfielder in a four... he’s been an attacking midfielder, played behind a striker, the odd time out wide which ok, is BS but his return of goals for all the football he has played is disappointing. Largely yes its been in a malfunctioning team but still, a disappointing return even if he’s been by and large a positive signing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Christian Falk: Jude Bellingham chooses Borussia Dortmund over Manchester United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Only just turned 16 and over 30 games for the Birmingham first team..

Bit of a puzzle as to why all of a sudden we seem if the papers are to be believed, missing out on so many first youth prospects from other clubs.

Bit of a puzzle as to why all of a sudden we seem if the papers are to be believed, missing out on so many first youth prospects from other clubs.

His father didnt think he would get much game time given the midfield utd currently have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dortmund is a superb club to go to for young players.

I think he's done the best for his career tbh

If he's good enough he may make it to utd someday, Dortmund are a selling club

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Headshot wrote: »
    Dortmund is a superb club to go to for young players.

I think he's done the best for his career tbh

If he's good enough he may make it to utd someday, Dortmund are a selling club

Dortmund have a great record with younger players but so do United. Rashford, McTominay, Lingard, Pereira, Greenwood and Williams all from the academy, played a lot of games last season. Chong and Gomes also got games. Tuanzebe would have, only he was injured. Even a young player like Dan James has come to the club and done really well. You get a chance at United compared to other clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

xtal191 wrote: »

I'm gonna say it's not going be great.

Do we though? Bellingham seems to have chosen elsewhere but we got in some very good looking talents last summer, and signed a kid from Sunderland that all the clubs were after for this summer.

Seem to be getting a highly regarded young lad from Barcelona too.

There will probably be more signings as well.

Thing is we might not have been after every player the papers say either.

The structures for youth and bringing youth through have impressed me and club is going in right direction in that regard.

Nah we don't really. We have a decent re ord of snapping up ypunger players. Hannibal was a big signing from Monaco as far as youth players go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭secman

1 Sheffield United v Arsenal
    2 Newcastle United v Manchester City
    3 Norwich City v Manchester United
    4 Leicester City v Chelsea

Had totally forgotten about FA cup just a reminder of last 8 draw , 4 away sides for semi ?

• Advertisement

secman wrote: »

Had totally forgotten about FA cup just a reminder of last 8 draw , 4 away sides for semi ?

Sheff United could beat Arsenal on form.

United should at least go to replay but hopefully we will see it out first time. But Norwich will see this as chance too.

Still in 2 cups so still everything play for this season. Looking forward to it now.

Euro 2020 should have started today funny enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

secman wrote: »

I think Leicester and Sheffield United will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Sheff United could beat Arsenal on form.

United should at least go to replay but hopefully we will see it out first time. But Norwich will see this as chance too.

Still in 2 cups so still everything play for this season. Looking forward to it now.

Euro 2020 should have started today funny enough

Repeat of this please: https://www.premierleague.com/match/46821

This day next week will be gameday and it will probably be the biggest game of our nine left.

Win would be fantastic and a loss would be a fair bit damaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

This day next week will be gameday and it will probably be the biggest game of our nine left.

And a draw would be somewhere in between.... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

A draw next week wouldn't be a bad result. Bar Leicester on the final day the run in is easier than any other team. Granted, these are the teams that have caused United problems in recent years but with Bruno and maybe Pogba appearing for a couple of games, you'd be confident of winning most if not all of them.

Drumpot wrote: »
    And a draw would be somewhere in between.... :o

:p

Screenshot-20200612-102902-Chrome.jpg

GREAT NEWS <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

KMY0FhY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I believe that if we score more than Spurs then we'll beat them. ;):)

• Advertisement

Kristof Terreur: Manchester United and Arsenal have held informal talks with Jonathan David’s agent Nick Mavromaras, according to my colleague @pjcalcoen . No formal offers made so far - AA Gent want more than £23m for the Canadian forward.

Be interesting to see where aubameyang ends up, will be 31 shortly but def has another good 2 years left in him, 20m would be a bargain

bangkok wrote: »
    Be interesting to see where aubameyang ends up, will be 31 shortly but def has another good 2 years left in him, 20m would be a bargain

Won’t need him, mate. He’d only be a back up to Ronaldo. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

bangkok wrote: »
    His father didnt think he would get much game time given the midfield utd currently have

Given the midfield Dortmund have he'll be given even less time according to that logic

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Given the midfield Dortmund have he'll be given even less time according to that logic

not really, our midfield is superior to Dortmunds and we have more players for the postion that he plays compared to Dortmund.

also Gotze and Can wont be there after this summer

Minime2.5 wrote: »

suppose they are looking at the progress made by Sancho, Gnabry,Matondo - as well as guys like O.Dembele, Haaland - german football in general has a very good rep at the moment for providing young players an opportunity to play and grow.

United can point to McTominay, Greenwood, Williams, you can say - but there is logic to following the same path as Sancho, and ending up back in england in a few years with some great experience and a nice commision on a second transfer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Rock77 wrote: »
    Way off the mark, Beckham was a class above Keane. Granted we needed both and you can’t really compare because they did very different jobs but how far would we have got with Keane winning it back and playing it out wide to Jermaine Pennant or some other average winger!

Free kicks, long range goals and look at most of the big games. There’s a Beckham goal of couple of assists in each one.

Juve, Inter, Arsenal semi final, Spurs(to win the league) Bayern

It almost brings me to tears how criminally misunderstood what Roy Keanes game was about, his skill set and the impact of his leadership on his teammates :(

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Screenshot-20200612-102902-Chrome.jpg

GREAT NEWS <3

What a amazing young man to be fair!

It almost brings me to tears how criminally misunderstood what Roy Keanes game was about, his skill set and the impact of his leadership on his teammates :(

I don’t misunderstand his game at all. I know exactly how important he was and I already stated that if you had a choice of either Beckham or Keane in your team you would probably pick Keane.

The argument was that Beckham finished 2nd in the ballon dor to Rivaldo but Keane should have won it. I said Beckham was a class above Keane that season and especially in the big games.

Arsenal replay FA cup semi
    FA cup final
    CL final
    Match to clinch the Prem

They are totally different players and cannot be compared.

Keane didn’t give the ball away, his passing was crisp, accurate and constant. The greatest captain of the premier league era. However he was not as talented as Beckham, he was not a creative player. Creative players win more awards, cost more money and are generally talked about as better players and rightly so in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Jude Bellingham going to Dortmund makes me so angry.....

Only Joking. Not really sure why it’s such a big deal to be honest. I’ve no idea how good he will be and I think at his age I’m not expecting him to be playing in our midfield anytime soon. It’d be grand to see him become brilliant in Germany and then we can buy him off them in 2 years time.

I’m starting to come around to the idea of Donny Van De Beek and Sancho being my preferred signings. I liked the idea of Grealish but if Sancho is still going to cost silly money and Donny is a cheaper addition to the squad than Grealish and arguably a better fit then I’m fine with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement