Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

bangkok wrote: »
    Ireland wouldnt lace Pogba's boots

2 + 2 = 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lord TSC wrote: »
    4th isn't beyond us at all.

The issue is I don't think 8th is either.

Chelsea are 5 ahead of us in 4th. Thats easy enough to overcome.

Shefield United are in 8th, but are only 2 points behind us, and would jump to 5th if they win tonight.

The optimist in me wants to believe we resume our pre-Covid forum, and get into a proper, winable fight for the top 4.

The realist in me thinks it's far more likely we get caught in this battle amoung the 5th-8th place teams and that going on our history, we have every chance of bottling it too.

I think we are good enough to make top 4. As you say, 5 behind Chelea. Chelsea could easily drop 3 tomorrow and we'll HOPEFULLY only be two behind them then.

Chelsea also have to play Leicster, Wolves and Liverpool.

I think United are good enough to win out the season but as you allude to, we could easily lose or draw more than half of the games too. The inconsistency to united's performances is the problem, as well as players making stupid mistakes. We should have beaten Spurs - Maguire and DDG punished for basic mistakes they should not have made. If United drop such mistakes every game we are screwed. DDG needs to perform from here on out.

Would be nice to be able to trust this United side - 4th, FA Cup and EL isn't beyond this team in terms of talent. but brain farts and bad performances are too common.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It would need to be our worst performance in years. Sheffield are missing half of their back 6......whatever about our own deficencies they are in a dire state at the back right now.

Henderson and Egan 100% out. Maybe they rush O'Connell back but he'd be struggling for fitness as it'd be his first match back, even Jagielka is doubtful with a twisted ankle and low on fitness.

pjohnson wrote: »
    It would need to be our worst performance in years.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would... we've had a lot of effing stinkers!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mcgragger

Pogba must start.
    James and Martial to take a break.
    James isnt good enough and we cant afford a Player like Martial in the team that offers nothing when we dont have the ball,lazy player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

This would be the worst of the post Fergie disappointments if they managed to bottle it against the teams remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Hopefully Greenwodd starts tonight. Daniel James in time wont be good enough for a top 6 Premier league team.Cant just rely on Athletic ability solely in the modern game. I'd be looking at bringing in Saka of Arsenal. Out of contract soon and pretty versatile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Unfortunately, I don't think it would... we've had a lot of effing stinkers!:(

I dont so much think we will be outstanding but just that Sheffield will be in a even worse state today. If the back 5 was intact with only Henderson out I'd be much more apprehensive about breaking them down but with 2 of their 3'CB's gone/struggling plus even the backup CB struggling.....I think we can and should be able to exploit that if we are of any use at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Everything is coming together for a win tonight but this side has shown several times they are massively inconsistent.Its hard be too enthusiastic.Scrappy 1-0 win .

Id like to see Greenwood and Ighalo start in the front 3 with Rashford.
    James has been off the boil for too long and maybe coming on with 15 mins will suit him better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

pjohnson wrote: »
    It would need to be our worst performance in years. Sheffield are missing half of their back 6......whatever about our own deficencies they are in a dire state at the back right now.

Let's hope your right (about the win).

But we were in the same boat a year ago, putting Huddersfield and Cardiff down as 6 point bankers. :o
    And nobody thought we'd get demolished 4-0 at Everton.

Nonetheless I am expecting the win this evening. Sheffield don't really have the squad to deal with such big absentees.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Feck it I’ll go optimistic.

4-0 for us. Pogba and Bruno both on the scoresheet and someone to run to the pictures of the fans to celebrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

think this will be the line up tonight...

de gea

wan bissaka
    maguire
    lindeloff
    shaw

mctominay

pogba
    fred

fernandes

martial
    rashford

i've seen a predicted/leaked line up elsewhere with Williams at LB, Bailly in for Lindelof and Pogba in midfield (with McTominay and Bruno), Greenwood in for James on the right.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

i've seen a predicted/leaked line up elsewhere with Williams at LB, Bailly in for Lindelof and Pogba in midfield (with McTominay and Bruno), Greenwood in for James on the right.

:):confused::D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

This sounds like some fan vote line up!!!!

I think tonight could be a pivotal game for Ole, just like I felt that Spurs game a few years ago was a pivotal game for Jose.

While 3 points would have been preferred at the weekend, Ole was given the perfect excuse to re-introduce Pogba into an attacking United line up alongside Bruno. I think some would feel a little aggrieved, me included, had he walked back into the starting line up and I don't think many can argue that he had little to no impact and thus deserves to start tonight.

If Ole can get a team like the one above dominating games, creating opportunities and taking chances then the outlook could be a whole lot rosier come the end of this summer restart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

That looks good. James, Shaw and Lindelof were poor v Spurs.

fred drops out for pogba?

bangkok wrote: »
    fred drops out for pogba?

apparently.

I'd feel more comfortable with Matic in for McTominay in that scenario, but we'll see.

• yabadabado wrote: »
    Everything is coming together for a win tonight but this side has shown several times they are massively inconsistent.Its hard be too enthusiastic.Scrappy 1-0 win .

Id like to see Greenwood and Ighalo start in the front 3 with Rashford.
    James has been off the boil for too long and maybe coming on with 15 mins will suit him better.
    Martial should be dropped for his brutal performance against Spurs

na, any striker would have struggled the way jose set his side up, hopefully bangs in a couple tonight

• Advertisement

yeah id drop him for tonight. He was one of the worst players on the pitch Friday.

No harm to go with Rash,Ighalo and Greenwood from the start.Martial an option off the bench against Sheffield United makeshift defence as the game wears on.

• yabadabado wrote: »
    yeah id drop him for tonight. He was one of the worst players on the pitch Friday.

No harm to go with Rash,Ighalo and Greenwood from the start.Martial an option off the bench against Sheffield United makeshift defence as the game wears on.

Agree. Ighalo can actually play football with his back to goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Thumb up on this

Martial is a disgrace at times

Give greenwood game time over that sulky

Forgot ighalo, yep he should be getting game time ahead of Martial too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Martial has gotten so many chances at this stage you have to feel that his goose at the club must be nearly cooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1275821017244602368?s=20

Pogba, Greenwood, Matic all start

It's exactly the XI I'd have after Friday's game.

Would love a big result. GGMU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Perfect lineup!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Happy with that team to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/1275821017244602368?s=20

Pogba, Greenwood, Matic all start

It's exactly the XI I'd have after Friday's game.

Would love a big result. GGMU

Would be a bit worried about Matics lack of pace if trying to cover and Pogba or Bruno lose possession.
    Would have being safer to go with either Fred or Mc T.’

Fred was better of two of them v Spurs I thought.
    Glad to see Greenwood get a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

only concern I'd have is matic being isolated on the counter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

only concern I'd have is matic being isolated on the counter

• No excuses for Pogba tonight

Hopefully he performs

No excuses for Pogba tonight

Hopefully he performs

Hopefully the team performs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Greenwood hatrick incoming

This is on Sky Pick isn't it? It's a bit annoying the PL app doesn't highlight if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

does lingard have an injury? not even on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

does lingard have an injury? not even on the bench

Thank ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭piplip87

Solid lineup be interesting if they go with a 433, 4231 or even a diamond with Martial and Greenwood up top. That front 5 looks lethal though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

S.M.B. wrote: »
    This is on Sky Pick isn't it? It's a bit annoying the PL app doesn't highlight if so.

Sky One in ROI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Hopefully he performs

He "loves the game" and "hates losing" so it's hard to see how he wouldn't.

A playmaker in Fernandes so all the attention won't be on Pogba should allow him to flourish, but I wouldn't count on him

Far too many fakes dawns with him

brinty wrote: »

A playmaker in Fernandes so all the attention won't be on Pogba should allow him to flourish, but I wouldn't count on him

well there is attention on him, you even started your post with "no excuses for pogba tonight"

Sheff Utd midfielders arent all that quick so Matic should be fine.

Forwards are quick though but generally cant finish there dinnerso hopefully that continues

brinty wrote: »

I would say there is some pressure on both Fernandes and Pogba to deliver together tonight. For this line up to really succeed, the two of them will have to develop an understanding pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I think it needs to be McTominay over Matic when going alongside that other midfield duo. Or McT over Matic all the time tbh. Still, besides that it looks perfect

• Advertisement

Sheff Utd midfielders arent all that quick so Matic should be fine.

Forwards are quick though but generally cant finish there dinnerso hopefully that continues

Their midfield 3 played us off the pitch in the reverse fixture if i remember correctly until Ole changed it at half time .Fred and Pereira were woeful that day tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

There is no excuses for any player not to give their best. The singling out of Pogba is weird. There were no excuses for him against Spurs and he was our best player. The special treatment he gets is odd.

S.M.B. wrote:
    I would say there is some pressure on both Fernandes and Pogba to deliver together tonight. For this line up to really succeed, the two of them will have to develop an understanding pretty quickly.

Fernandes has delivered with and without Pogba and in every game he's played this far. No blips in his levels this far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭piplip87

Anybody who like me has a sky box but ditched the subscription go to manual tuning and:

ick HD (with football) - Astra 28.2E

Remote: Services->Options->Add Channels
    Frequency: 12.363
    Polarisation: Vertical
    Symbol Rate: 27500
    FEC: 2/3
    Mode: DVB-S2, 8PSK
    Service ID: Pick

You will get sky pick with football

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I think it needs to be McTominay over Matic when going alongside that other midfield duo. Or McT over Matic all the time tbh. Still, besides that it looks perfect

Matic has been very good the last number of months before lockdown

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement