Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Strumms wrote: »
    Sheffield look tired now.

They've looked off the pace all game tbh, but didn't just totally sit back in their own box either.

Still have my concerns about breaking down those sort of teams, but happy with the performance today.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Although the win is the most important, christ I'd love this to happen just so that unwanted record is gone.

Context: A United PL hat trick.

Excellent hat trick from Martial.

I'm a happy man :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Poor touch from Igalho, didn’t do great when he had an opportunity to make amends when the ball broke either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Know the game isn't over but very positive result and game from United. Kept Sheffield very quiet, created plenty of chances, dominated midfield. Only critical things are nitpicking really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Shaw has been great going forward, especially in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

A nice, straightforward 2nd half...just the way I like it :pac:

Wolves getting a result tonight is the only slight blemish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Super team performance. Great 3 pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Shaw has been great going forward, especially in the second half.

Maguire told him to "****ing switch on" just before half time so that might have been something

Love this smiley Martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Sheffield United poor but United made them poor and that's what makes me happiest. A good solid team performance.

3 great goals and 3 great assists.

Matic good allowing Pogba, Fernandes to rule the middle of the park.

Wan Bissaka I thought was excellent offensively.

Rashford rusty but he is only 2 games back from a big injury so cut him a bit of slack.

Martial excellent hat trick and that record broken.

Lots of positives, moving in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Also off topic but my god is that dubbed in crowd nice is so irritating. Like a bad laugh track in a sitcom.

• Advertisement

• Hard to believe but Rashford got two assists all the same

A good return from a player back from a serious injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Again a super performance, we are playing some absoloutley brilliant football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Brilliant stuff tonight.
    Love Ighalo's attitude when he comes off the bench, always looks like scoring.

Glazers Out!

AFAIK we're unbeaten since Bruno arrived at the club. He's some baller.

Well done Martial, 3 classic striker's goals.

Any win will do, but I'd love to see Rashford or Greenwood pick up a goal in the next match. Rashford especially, I think he's one goal away from finding form and confidence again. He's been out for 6 months, so like Pogba, he is a bit behind the rest in terms of time away from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

After looking at ours, Chelsea's and Leicester's remaining fixtures I'm semi-confident of 4th.

United:

Brighton (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Villa (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Palace (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Leicester (A)

Chelsea:

City (A)
    West Ham (A)
    Watford (H)
    Palace (A)
    Sheffield (A)
    Norwich (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Wolves (H)

Leicester:

Everton (A)
    Palace (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Bournemouth (A)
    Sheffield (H)
    Spurs (A)
    United (H)

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Maguire told him to "****ing switch on" just before half time so that might have been something

Love this smiley Martial

Martial looks like even with everything going on that he’s very much enjoying his football, I know you’d want to be a miserable son of a gun not looking happy earning a living playing football but he’s seeming happy, energized and up for it... great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Brilliant performance, a proper functional midfield at last. Need to keep a focused pogba along with bruno in that midfield. No need to have 2 holding midfielders in the team together from now on hopefully. They make such intelligent passes inside to the front 3. Make such a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Most enjoyable PL game in a good few years. It's only SU but still, everyone looked great. Nice to have a handy win for once.

With a few more signings we should be challenging for PL and a shout of CL each season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Most enjoyable PL game in a good few years. It's only SU but still, everyone looked great. Nice to have a handy win for once.

With a few more signings we should be challenging for PL and a shout of CL each season.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    After looking at ours, Chelsea's and Leicester's remaining fixtures I'm semi-confident of 4th.

United:

Brighton (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Villa (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Palace (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Leicester (A)

One thing I’m pleased about has been our away form which has been steadily becoming more reliable, this coupled with the fact that we are looking at being only two points off Chelsea prior to their game in hand.

Chelsea have...

Man City (h)
    Leicester (a)
    West Ham (a)
    Watford (h)
    Palace (a)
    Sheffield Utd (a)
    Norwich (h)
    Liverpool (a)
    Wolves (h)

Some potential banana skins there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You know it's a good day at the office when Martial is smiling.

Thought it was good team performance, although Shaw still worries me. Rashford was much sharper too. Greenwood was unlucky not to bag himself.

Just how good is Bruno though:D

Bruno, just already looks world class.. he reminds me in a way of Paul Scholes, the similar fit on the pitch, style of play, finding gaps, clinical with his passing, visionary and direct running, he’s a worry for any opposition especially defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So glad United decided to scout him for another 6 months rather than buy him in the summer.... Will forever annoy me.

So glad United decided to scout him for another 6 months rather than buy him in the summer.... Will forever annoy me.

How do you know thats what happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Meh I don't really care apart from the what could have been scenario all I care about is that he is here now.
    Depedning on our incoming I think we are in for an interesting season next year if pogba stays.

• Advertisement

Pogba was excellent considering how long he hasnt started a game. Midfield of him matic and bruno looked very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

bangkok wrote: »
    How do you know thats what happened?

Pretty sure Woodword did one of his unofficial briefings to this effect - that he improved so much in six months they decided to move for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Matic is such a Rolls Royce player. Would have been perfect for us when he was in his prime.

Team played well. Wilder knew we can be exposed out wide but didn’t have the players. Shaw is more comfortable going forward.

Entire midfield and forward line played well with Greenwood being the quietist but thought he was clever in his movement and created so much space for the others.

Said yesterday that we need to judge martial when he has weapons around him. Good start today. Was involved in build up play and took his goals very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

That pogba Bruno matic line out was solid.. Matic is like the matic of old!

Would be amazing to get a DM like partay/ndidí to play alongside them next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Strumms wrote: »
    One thing I’m pleased about has been our away form which has been steadily becoming more reliable, this coupled with the fact that we are looking at being only two points off Chelsea prior to their game in hand.

Chelsea have...

Man City (h)
    Leicester (a)
    West Ham (a)
    Watford (h)
    Palace (a)
    Sheffield Utd (a)
    Norwich (h)
    Liverpool (a)
    Wolves (h)

Some potential banana skins there.
    One key to note is the Leicster and Chelsea have to play each other. Leaves us in a good position either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Matic is such a Rolls Royce player. Would have been perfect for us when he was in his prime.

Team played well. Wilder knew we can be exposed out wide but didn’t have the players. Shaw is more comfortable going forward.

Entire midfield and forward line played well with Greenwood being the quietist but thought he was clever in his movement and created so much space for the others.

Said yesterday that we need to judge martial when he has weapons around him. Good start today. Was involved in build up play and took his goals very well.

Are any other strikers only judged on their good days with weapons around them? It looked like he was putting in a bit of effort today which is encouraging but it was going his way from an early stage. When he's not scoring he's doing very little else and for your main striker to go missing in games is irredeemable when it comes to being a top team. Great performance today so he's 1 good, 1 bad since the return. Context being Sheff United missing 2 of their top 3 centre backs and their main keeper.

Hopefully he can go on a run now though.

Liam O wrote: »
    Are any other strikers only judged on their good days with weapons around them? It looked like he was putting in a bit of effort today which is encouraging but it was going his way from an early stage. When he's not scoring he's doing very little else and for your main striker to go missing in games is irredeemable when it comes to being a top team. Great performance today so he's 1 good, 1 bad since the return. Context being Sheff United missing 2 of their top 3 centre backs and their main keeper.

Hopefully he can go on a run now though.

Ah no, of course not. I’m on the record on this thread as being unconvinced by Martial and I’m not sure he’s up to it. However, it’s important to look at his performances in context. The fact is he has been playing as a striker in a unbalanced team devoid of creativity. In saying that, I think he has been poor in a lot of games regardless. But I think he deserves a chance to show what he can do in a team which will create and one in which he will find more space. Good start, a lot more to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Still think he is very good. Highly underared. Suspect his confidence took a hit under Mourinho. Should be a starter with Pogby and Fernandez. Good blend to that 3 man midfield. Leicester's form looks very poor after lockdown think they can be caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

That midfield playing like that would rattle any team . Then you have. Mctominay and Fred and mata to come on , glorious!

Should be beating Brighton next week too. Tonight was the type of performance we should be expecting more often from this team.

That 3rd goal was beautiful. Bruno is going turn lit to be a gem of a buy, he really is.

Matic is only 31, going on 32 in few months. Still got couple good seasons left in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Bruno has only played a handful of games yet but looks absolute quality has had a major impact on this team. Is it a fair shout to say he's the best signing since the Fergie era? Seems the most promising in a number of years to me anyway.

henke wrote: »
    Bruno has only played a handful of games yet but looks absolute quality has had a major impact on this team. Is it a fair shout to say he's the best signing since the Fergie era? Seems the most promising in a number of years to me anyway.

Zlatan still the best signing. Bruno will be if he keeps doing what he is doing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    One key to note is the Leicster and Chelsea have to play each other. Leaves us in a good position either way.

That Leicester v Chelsea game is in the FA Cup.

henke wrote: »

He looks like a serious player alright...

Let’s hurry the fûck up and get the guy a striker or two to play in also... :D

• Advertisement

We’ve dropped points in about 58 % of our games,

Lost 25 %

Drawn 33 %

Won just 42%

Just way way too many dropped points.

Next season we need to be making progress, being about 15 points better.

wadacrack wrote: »
    Still think he is very good. Highly underared. Suspect his confidence took a hit under Mourinho. Should be a starter with Pogby and Fernandez. Good blend to that 3 man midfield. Leicester's form looks very poor after lockdown think they can be caught

Ah ye he’s still quality but he isn’t the same player he was. Still can do a very good job for a season or two more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

Ah ye he’s still quality but he isn’t the same player he was. Still can do a very good job for a season or two more.

Still think in order to challenge for the title again we need to sign a good creative defensive midfielder. Look at Barca in their heyday Busquests was so under rated but he allowed Iniesta and Xavi to get forward and had a killer pass himself. I don't think Fred or Mc Tominany can do that job. We need that type of player to fully unleash Bruno and Pogba.

I'd rather see us go all out to get Kimmich than Sancho as the front three we had tonight will be lethal in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Interesting now that by this time next week we could be in 4th ahead of Chelsea by a point or on goal difference.

Let’s say City beat them tomorrow which I think is more likely than not, then we go to Brighton next Tuesday, ahead of their trip to West Ham on Wednesday.

It’s not unimaginable that all those results go our way. I’m not even bothered about Leicester. That can be the next target if we just get ahead of Chelsea and stay above both them and Wolves.

I fully expect City’s ban to be completely upheld by the way so 5th will be good enough.

I'd love if we took a gamble on ndombele, like it can take time for players to adapt but he could be a beast seems he has had it with jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Loving the midfield of Matic, Pogba and Bruno. A world class right winger in that team today, Williams for Shaw and that's a very strong 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think I described Matic's sub appearance vs Spurs as adding some understated class to the team and being the man to unlock Pogba and Bruno.... not so understated tonight Nemanja!

I really can't remember the last time I seen our starting lineup and actually got a real buzz from seeing it. It has been a while.

Looking like the makings of a good team now, the transfer window should be interesting...

On one hand, I doubt right now many players will want to uproot and move country, they will want familiarity and the safety of their families and themselves also. Domestic deals might take precedence. Might have to legally.

Too the value in the market will be at a big low... some clubs will be under big pressure to sell for more revenue with people not attending matches... you might see unless a bidding war, a 60 million pound guy going for 40/45..less even.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Watching the United game today like :)

EbTUZrKWoAo9kS_?format=jpg&name=medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

piplip87 wrote: »
    Still think in order to challenge for the title again we need to sign a good creative defensive midfielder. Look at Barca in their heyday Busquests was so under rated but he allowed Iniesta and Xavi to get forward and had a killer pass himself. I don't think Fred or Mc Tominany can do that job. We need that type of player to fully unleash Bruno and Pogba.

I'd rather see us go all out to get Kimmich than Sancho as the front three we had tonight will be lethal in time.

For me Sancho type player is a must, the rw has been weak for so long. Greenwood is an out and out striker, looks good now and should get time over the years to develop in th!t role more. He's only young and while pitch time is good like today he needs to be more central for when likes of martial (if he is semi/long term striker) is injured and flexibilty of strikers.

With regards to your main point of kimmich, no way at all bayern would ever sell him and its actually a tough posistion to fill for a all out and out dm. I personally think the dm posistion can last with fred/mctomany for another season or two as the two players have been brilliant this season so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement