Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Would be great if the solution were that simple.
    Mata started away to Newcastle and West Ham didn't he?

Midfield is still crying out for a creative player.

He's done well today in fairness, albeit against a very poor side.

And despite them sitting back a bit they have been a very open side all year. Not the type we struggle against.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Need to get them chants going again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

As comfortable as it gets for a weekend of football. A nice rarity this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1216038413113217026?s=20

"Build a bonfire build a bonfire put the Glazers on the top, Ed Woodward in the middle and we’ll burn the ****ing lot."

You love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Very calm easy win that. Good game to watch too. Next week will be the big test with Wolves & Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

"Build a bonfire build a bonfire put the Glazers on the top, Ed Woodward in the middle and we’ll burn the ****ing lot."

You love to see it.

Yes!!!!.... This is the icing on the cake after that win.

Next move is the PR battle , maybe Tweets from the club. This alone may push Woodward into making a signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

You love to see it.

https://twitter.com/MarvelManUtd/status/1216034777368879105

• A clean sheet
    Four goals
    Woodward out chants
    I'm happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

You love to see it.
    xtal191 wrote: »

tumblr_oynyiz5VdN1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

• I want those chants every week

Enough is enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I’m as happy with the clean sheet as I am the win tbh.

Very comfortable day after a yawn inducing first half hour.

Shaw pulling his hamstring in the warm up just about sums him up. The likes of him and Jones should be shipped out for their fitness records alone.

Pereira who I have little time for, had a decent game I thought.

Matic, even with his legs gone has something to offer.

Williams continues to shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Decent win as expected really

Bad day for the Ole out gang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Liam O wrote: »
    Cantwell would be a good pickup when Norwich are relegated.

Really like the look of Buendia .Norwich are struggling badly but he has had a good season.

Hes definitely one that will get a good move when Norwich are relegated.

Plenty of value to be had and players who would improve the squad.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Many to choose from.

Definitely think Mata should be in with a shout too.

Who'd a thought playing a natural no. 10 in that position would have worked*

* It's only Norwich though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Decent win as expected really

Bad day for the Ole out gang

I'm not sure why, one swallow not making a summer and all that.

Happy with the result, very happy with Williams, greenwood, Rashford and even martial. Matic does have something to offer to the team and I hope to see him more as the season continues. Still annoyed Maguire was played...

Fans chants were very good too, good to see. Norwich were absolute dirt but **** it, these days haven't been plentiful this season

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

turning%2Ba%2Bcorner.jpg

Too soon?

I'm not sure why, one swallow not making a summer and all that.

Happy with the result, very happy with Williams, greenwood, Rashford and even martial. Matic does have something to offer to the team and I hope to see him more as the season continues. Still annoyed Maguire was played...

Fans chants were very good too, good to see. Norwich were absolute dirt but **** it, these days haven't been plentiful this season

That was a joke.

Williams has already shown far more promise than Luke Shaw ever has. He needs to grasp the opportunity like TAA did, if you’re good enough you’re old enough and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Think the lack of a player like Matic has been more of a problem than anything this season. Leaves so much extra space when the opposition attack. I don't think he has the legs these and his concentration is waning but the position is very important and frees up the other midfielders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

A replacement for Matic should have been signed in the summer.
    Matic can no longer do it but that type of player is badly needed in midfield along with some creativity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Did the camera pan to Woody and the gang?

They’ll be wiping their tears with their millions

Expect 'director of football' articles to leaked out to a few sources in the next day or two.

• Advertisement

Whats going to happen to Fosu-Mensah, out of contract in the summer

Could he be an option for the DM position? Well as cover to a top class DM that is needs to be signed in the summer

PARlance wrote: »
    Expect 'director of football' articles to leaked out to a few sources in the next day or two.

Darren Fletcher awaiting the call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Only caught the highlights but seemed a decent performance. Was strangely confident before kick off.

When we're good we're very good and when we're bad we're awful.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The most pleasing thing about the win today was to hear the fans chanting.

Admit, it’s not sad to feel that way, but United fans have put up with crap for far too long.

The most pleasing thing about the win today was to hear the fans chanting.

Admit, it’s not sad to feel that way, but United fans have put up with crap for far too long.

The more of it the better, has to be done

The longer the current situation goes on the longer it will be before Utd are back at the top of the game again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A win against the bottom club does not fix the transgressional cluster **** the club is in Ole can't voice any opinions against the board he is playing the safe card calling for a united front but mein gotts it's good to finally see the tide turn in the stands. I'm gonna have to watch motd later as I'm sick with flu and missed the game wondering will there be much discussion of the chanting by the pundits.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

feck off, feck right off

0392ed154106c71ccd4f0c90a9aa4303.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Lord TSC wrote: »
    0392ed154106c71ccd4f0c90a9aa4303.jpg

Are people expecting him to come out and bollock the owners? Is that seriously a thing we expect? Fergie didnt even do it and the man was a belligerent maelstrom of not giving a ****. It's just another thing that Ole is being criticised for that is entirely unfair and unrealistic.

Anyway, another good performance from the weirdest team in the league today. Throw the chicken bones up in the air to find out how they perform next week.

Are people expecting him to come out and bollock the owners? Is that seriously a thing we expect? Fergie didnt even do it and the man was a belligerent maelstrom of not giving a ****. It's just another thing that Ole is being criticised for that is entirely unfair and unrealistic.

Yes and no.

I can fully appreciate he obviously isn't going to go "Yeah, I agree with the fans, **** Woodward!"

But let's not act as if a huge part of why he still has his job is because he's a Yes Man. He's done worse than Jose, has us playing poor football, etc etc, but because he never rocks the boat, he'll keep his job longer than he should. He was chosen, and remains, not because of his ability but because he'll keep towing the company line, and the fans won't turn on him as quick because of what he did 20 years ago.

He's the managerial equivalent of Lingard or Jones; way below a level we should be aiming for in terms of ability, but gets to stick around longer than he should for reasons other than ability.

Yes and no.

I can fully appreciate he obviously isn't going to go "Yeah, I agree with the fans, **** Woodward!"

But let's not act as if a huge part of why he still has his job is because he's a Yes Man. He's done worse than Jose, has us playing poor football, etc etc, but because he never rocks the boat, he'll keep his job longer than he should. He was chosen, and remains, not because of his ability but because he'll keep towing the company line, and the fans won't turn on him as quick because of what he did 20 years ago.

He's the managerial equivalent of Lingard or Jones; way below a level we should be aiming for in terms of ability, but gets to stick around longer than he should for reasons other than ability.
    I believe that Ole genuinely believes that he can do it without a ball of money. I think that he genuinely thinks that with youth and some key acquisitions that he can get the team purring. That may be deluded, it probably is, but I dont think that he is entirely there because he is a yes man.

His vision of how to do things and it meshing with the terrible way that the leadership at the club have run the transfer side of things can be separate from one another. Right now Ole has had one window, spent 150m and broke a record for a defender, all while believing he can do it while getting a tune out of youth players. Os it really hard to believe that he is happy enough with how he is being backed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

https://twitter.com/jamesrobsonES/status/1216035778901528576?s=19

This is the kind of thing that has Ole in his job rather than claims of a yes man.

I think he should have United in a stronger position overall.

But Yes man is imaginary as nobody has a clue what he says internally. It is fair to say he is able to present as a person working alongside Ed and co. That he does actually try work with them in a cooperative way but the idea that an employee should be causing problems and a lack of such Jose behaviour equals yes man is all a bit dramatic.

I believe that Ole genuinely believes that he can do it without a ball of money. I think that he genuinely thinks that with youth and some key acquisitions that he can get the team purring. That may be deluded, it probably is, but I dont think that he is entirely there because he is a yes man.

His vision of how to do things and it meshing with the terrible way that the leadership at the club have run the transfer side of things can be separate from one another. Right now Ole has had one window, spent 150m and broke a record for a defender, all while believing he can do it while getting a tune out of youth players. Os it really hard to believe that he is happy enough with how he is being backed?

Ole has had TWO windows, and is a third of the way through a third.

I'm sure he does believe. Any manager would.

As for being happy enough, I don't know. Personally, I think he's been backed with a "rebuild" thats lowered the standards, and I think he's a manager the club has assigned to keep fans from turning on the fact the Glaziers don't have ambitions any more.

Again, I compare Ole to the likes of Lingard or Jones. I'm sure they're trying their best. I'm sure they are happy with their positions at the club.

This doesn't mean I'm personally happy with the standards they are showing.

I think he'd be well aware that no matter how he backs his own ability, he's doing worse than his predecessor, but is kept around not necessarily because the club has faith in his abilities, but because of his history with the club and his role in keeping fans happy. He'll get more slack than previous managers not based on being able to point towards a good CV, but because he will put on a smile when things are going bad, and try to sell the "everything is fine" narrative.

If he's genuinely happy with the dire situation our midfield is in, then "delusion" isn't strong enough....

• Advertisement

Ole has had TWO windows, and is a third of the way through a third.

I'm sure he does believe. Any manager would.

As for being happy enough, I don't know. Personally, I think he's been backed with a "rebuild" thats lowered the standards, and I think he's a manager the club has assigned to keep fans from turning on the fact the Glaziers don't have ambitions any more.

Again, I compare Ole to the likes of Lingard or Jones. I'm sure they're trying their best. I'm sure they are happy with their positions at the club.

This doesn't mean I'm personally happy with the standards they are showing.

I think he'd be well aware that no matter how he backs his own ability, he's doing worse than his predecessor, but is kept around not necessarily because the club has faith in his abilities, but because of his history with the club and his role in keeping fans happy. He'll get more slack than previous managers not based on being able to point towards a good CV, but because he will put on a smile when things are going bad, and try to sell the "everything is fine" narrative.

If he's genuinely happy with the dire situation our midfield is in, then "delusion" isn't strong enough....

He wasnt the manager in that window. He was interim and came in in December. It is unreasonable to expect him to have done anything.

Business needs to be done this window, but I am not expecting it, and I still won't be putting much blame on Ole for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Was he not saying when he was interim that he was giving/he would have a say if players were coming in..

He wasnt the manager in that window. He was interim and came in in December. It is unreasonable to expect him to have done anything.

Business needs to be done this window, but I am not expecting it, and I still won't be putting much blame on Ole for that.

I'm for him but I will be expecting him to make something happen this window and I will think less of him if he can't orchestrate a deal or two in this position.

Despite what reading this thread would suggest sometimes, he has the fans backing and they see the board as the primary problem. The world knows how threadbare the squad is and our injury problems.

A good/swred manager would get 1 or 2 players in. He needs to make it happen imo.

Was he not saying when he was interim that he was giving/he would have a say if players were coming in..

I think most reasonable people would agree that a window as an interim is not a real window.

And I'm nearly sure any such quotes were in the context of contract extensions etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

PARlance wrote: »
    I think most reasonable people would agree that a window as an interim is not a real window.

And I'm nearly sure any such quotes were in the context of contract extensions etc.

Any reasonable person being asked about transfers in January transfer window wouldn't reply with regards contract extensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

There was fortune spent on absolute muck over the years by the likes of LVG and Jose and you can't blame Ole for that. He's having to make do with these clowns. Considering the level of players available we're playing decent stuff mostly with the odd terrible game. It would be foolish to waste another fortune on players being signed for the sake of it. Definitely more thought being put into transfers since Ole arrived.

Not expecting anyone to arrive in this window. Happy enough with youth getting a chance. Next summer is big though, clear out of the mercenaries needs to happen and replaced with young hungry ambitious players.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I said here way back last season that it’s unfortunate how poor of a manager Ole is at United but that he will still be loved by the fans for his time as a player. Unless, he goes down the road of defending Ed & the Glazers while the club is a mess.

It’s time for him to make his choice it seems with the chanting today. Based on current form it would seem the only thing that has kept him in his job until now is his reluctance to criticise anyone above him so the stakes are high for him. But if he records too many Glazer friendly sound bites he’ll have a tarnished reputation for many fans.

Moving on from the Ole talk, Rashford looks a serious player. England have some frontline these days

Moving on from the Ole talk, Rashford looks a serious player. England have some frontline these days

19 goals in all competitions

Fair going really when he is playing in a team as inconsistent as Utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

I know it’s Norwich, but Mata (as an actual 10) showed how useless Lingard is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement