Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HM Prison Whitemoor (UK) - Serious assault incident

Options
  • 09-01-2020 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭

I'm hearing from the BBC this evening that 2 prisoners from HMP Whitemoor in Cambridgeshire have been involved in a serious assault on 5 prison officers. News had broken a few minutes ago that the 2 prisoners are now being reported to have worn suicide vests while carrying out the assault.

One of the prisoners involved in the assault is a terrorist prisoner.

More detail on the story here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-51049853

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

How could a prisoner get their hands on a suicide vest?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I have no idea myself. Whitemoor is meant to be a top level 'Grade A' secure prison. It has some of the most dangerous criminals who live inside it's walls from the whole of the UK. It's now a matter by officers from Scotland Yard to investigate this incident. They should be able to come up with the details in how this incident began to unfold inside the prison. I am hoping that they come away with something meaningful.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I guess one question is whether it's something made to look like one.

The other thing that seems to be rampant at present is the smuggling of things in via drones, but I would have thought they would have tight security against that sort of thing in any "top level" prison

EDIT: see they are now being reported as fake suicide vests

It was a fake according to the article linked to in the op, so most likely one made in the prison to look real?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Not the first time sausages have been made into a bomb.

simpsons-armour-hot-dogs.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

pjohnson wrote: »

Probably Quorn though......I'm not sure the traditional Irish breakfast sausage would go down well in this case ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

pjohnson wrote: »

Is there nothing that show hasn't predicted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Security is terrible. Last week a cat called Padfoot breached security at an English jail; walked along the razor wire... sorry; cannot post links,,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Graces7 wrote: »
    Security is terrible. Last week a cat called Padfoot breached security at an English jail; walked along the razor wire... sorry; cannot post links,,

HMP Haverigg in Cumbria. A cat making it's way to the top of an outer perimeter fence and getting it's fool arse stuck up there isn't much of a security breach, either. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Attacks on prison officers are fairly common.
    Assaults on prison staff and inmates rose to a record high last year with almost 30 attacks on officers every day - equivalent to at least one an hour,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/04/25/assaults-prison-hit-record-high-27-attacks-inmates-staff-every/

Hardly need for a thread on here for this one, is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

jimgoose wrote: »
    HMP Haverigg in Cumbria. A cat making it's way to the top of an outer perimeter fence and getting it's fool arse stuck up there isn't much of a security breach, either. :pac:

Leading the way ;)

Advertisement