Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight 752 brought down by Iran - mod warning in |OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Some seriously deluded posters on this site.

It was always 100% obvious what had happened.

It certainly was not. Accidents happen irrespective of the military context, and both the Iranians and US initially said that no missile had been fired. Assuming the most likely explanation was that it had been shot down isn’t anything like evidence that it had been shot down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

alastair wrote: »
    It certainly was not. Accidents happen irrespective of the military context, and both the Iranians and US initially said that no missile had been fired. Assuming the most likely explanation was that it had been shot down isn’t anything like evidence that it had been shot down.

So you believed the Iranians? At least you will know in future not to believe a regime such as the Iranian, you learnt a valuable lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Anyone who believe this was unintentional needs to educate themsleves in Irans human rights record and attrocities. This was no mistake. Animals.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    So you believed the Iranians? At least you will know in future not to believe a regime such as the Iranian, you learnt a valuable lesson.

When both belligerent bodies agree on the same issue, it’s worth waiting for evidence to the contrary. Maybe there’s a lesson for you in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Also , wait till these guys ( the Iranians ) get their hands / develope a nuclear weapon. A lot of people / appeasers need to learn a " valuable lesson " soon .

See now why the ' muricans etc don't want them getting nukes !!

• Advertisement

When both belligerent bodies agree on the same issue, it’s worth waiting for evidence to the contrary. Maybe there’s a lesson for you in that?

No i learnt no lesson, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anyone who believe this was unintentional needs to educate themsleves in Irans human rights record and attrocities. This was no mistake. Animals.

If it was deliberate what did they have to gain from it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

People believing it was accidental shooting down are as eqially deluded now as those that previously believed it had nothing to do the iranian military.

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Also , wait till these guys ( the Iranians ) get their hands / develope a nuclear weapon. A lot of people / appeasers need to learn a " valuable lesson " soon .

Let’s not forget that the Americans and Russians, both nuclear powers, have shot down civilian airliners accidentally. Is there a valuable lesson in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Ironically it IS the Americans that have used nukes against civilians.
    Literally no other nuclear powers have done so.

• Advertisement

No i learnt no lesson, If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Correct - you’ve learned nothing.

It looks like you haven't learnt anything, you are using your usual deflecting tactics, but but but the americans shot down blah blah, think we need wibbs to teach you a lesson again.

I’m deflecting nothing. Just because the accident appeared to be one thing, doesn’t mean it was definitely one thing. That’s the point of the investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

smurfjed wrote: »
    well I have read its 72 pages more than once.

Now would you be so kind as to tell us where that annex explains how to conduct an investigation?

No problem.
    Document 9756 : Manual of Aircraft Accident and Incident Investigation.
    Reporting such Accident/Incident is covered in Document 9156 : Accident/Incident Reporting Manual.

I’m deflecting nothing. Just because the accident appeared to be one thing, doesn’t mean it was definitely one thing. That’s the point of the investigation.

Simple fact you were wrong, you believed when the Iranians said it wasnt them but wouldn't believe any of the other sources saying it was most likely a missile. The Americans had to wait on satellite data before saying what it was. Anyway pointless arguing with somebody who cant see the glaringly obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

So the Iranians came out and admitted they shot the plane down... lets see what “human rights” they show to the poor ****er who shot it down ... someone likely to be blamed and probably hung.

Meanwhile some dumb retards here will blame the Americans somehow

Let’s not forget that the Americans and Russians, both nuclear powers, have shot down civilian airliners accidentally. Is there a valuable lesson in that?

Is there a chance that Russia or America would launch a nuclear weapon at Tel Aviv ?

( P.s Now before you answer , remember what Iran's attitude is to Israel . Or , is their attitude somewhat defensible , using your logic ? )

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Ironically it IS the Americans that have used nukes against civilians.
    Literally no other nuclear powers have done so.

Ever hear of WW2 ? Nukes used to shorten the war against another hostile / barbaric nation .

You should be thankful the Americans developed them first , and not the Germans . Or would you ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

When did the Americans say this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Charlie14.

I gave up waiting on your response, so posted a picture of that document in post 338.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Just quoting this for posterity. Occam wins again.

Me too :)

• Advertisement

Simple fact you were wrong, you believed when the Iranians said it wasnt them but wouldn't believe any of the other sources saying it was most likely a missile. The Americans had to wait on satellite data before saying what it was. Anyway pointless arguing with somebody who cant see the glaringly obvious.

Show me a post where I’m wrong? Once again - the initial reports from US intelligence were that there was no evidence of a missile hitting the plane. That’s a matter of record. I believed nothing until evidence was provided. As anyone should.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-crash-canada-intelligence/western-intelligence-agencies-see-no-signs-ukraine-airliner-was-shot-down-canadian-source-idUSKBN1Z72Q7

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

LillySV wrote: »
    So the Iranians came out and admitted they shot the plane down... lets see what “human rights” they show to the poor ****er who shot it down ... someone likely to be blamed and probably hung.

Meanwhile some dumb retards here will blame the Americans somehow

It will be interesting to see if some that could fit that category will now admit that their bluster on the Iranian Aviation Authority Crash Investigation Team were somehow involved in a cover up by burying evidence with bulldozers was incorrect.
    Looks to me that they did their job to the letter and even came up with their conclusion without the need for detailed examination of the FDR or CVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

humberklog wrote: »
    People believing it was accidental shooting down are as eqially deluded now as those that previously believed it had nothing to do the iranian military.

What would be the advantage or reasoning behind intentionally shooting down a Ukrainian Airliner?

Show me a post where I’m wrong? Once again - the initial reports from US intelligence were that there was no evidence of a missile hitting the plane. That’s a matter of record. I believed nothing until evidence was provided. As anyone should.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-crash-canada-intelligence/western-intelligence-agencies-see-no-signs-ukraine-airliner-was-shot-down-canadian-source-idUSKBN1Z72Q7

"The source, who declined to be identified", your having a laugh, jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Iran has not spelled out why the pilot changed course and turned- That sounds like he's heading back to the airport?

My theory was the plane appeared on the military radar screen as a "UFO" and they shot it down. But I felt the plane, lost its transponder and lights for this to be true?

Right now the evidence is - plane turned towards a Iranian military site and was shot down. 

None of this is true ,

Flight 752 did not change course ,nor did it turn back towards the airport ,
    Absolutely no evidence what's so ever to back up any of that .

But Iran must telling the truth as usual !!!!!

"The source, who declined to be identified", your having a laugh, jesus.

Show me any intelligence source that’s ever identified in a report.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Ever hear of WW2 ? Nukes used to shorten the war against another hostile / barbaric nation .

You should be thankful the Americans developed them first , and not the Germans . Or would you ??
    Thats just a cowardly rationalization to legitimize targeting civilian non- combatants.

Show me any intelligence source that’s ever identified in a report.

Your posts are so deluded its tragic, when an actual government spokesman like Trudeau comes out and says he has intelligence thats pretty identifiable, look you posted a report from Reuters to back up your non- argument that has nobody identified as saying it wasn't a missile, this is very amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭The Rooster

It could have been an accident. The notion that the odds of a non-military-related accident shift simply because there’s an increased chance of a military-related-incident is what’s really bizarre.
    Forgot to switch your brain on I'm afraid Alastair.

10 months since the last airplane crash with more than 100 fatalities.

Of all the days in the year, this incident happened on the same day as Iran were firing rockets.
    Of all the countries in the world, this incident happened in the same country that Iran were firing rockets in.

You would have to have a seriously low IQ (and there's plenty of them still out there!) to think that it could have been coincidence. There was only possible explanation.

• Advertisement

"Nobody blew up a passenger plane, they’ve managed to get the US military their marching orders from Iraq, and they look way more reasoned and tempered than the Trump administration, who are now illegally targeting sovereign government officials for assassination.
    "

Thats your post where you are clearly wrong but go ahead try to deny it.

Advertisement