Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight 752 brought down by Iran - mod warning in |OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    For somebody with so many posts you have lost any credibility with this pedantic nonsense, admit you were wrong and be on your way to another failed crusade.

Most of those posts are one liners arguing pointless nonsense.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

nullzero wrote: »
    What effect does a ballistic missile have on a plane then?

It damaged the plane with shrapnel. It set an engine on fire. It caused the plane to crash. It didn’t blow up the plane, and the plane did not explode.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/video/iran-plane-missile.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

alastair wrote: »
    It damaged the plane with shrapnel. It set an engine on fire. It caused the plane to crash. .

Said whom exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Gatling wrote: »
    Said whom exactly

An unidentified source id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

It damaged the plane with shrapnel. It set an engine on fire. It caused the plane to crash. It didn’t blow up the plane, and the plane did not explode.

What was that big ball of fire when it hit the ground?

• Advertisement

"A small explosion occurred when what appears to be a missile hit the plane above Parand".

Jesus do you ever read the links you post.

°°°°°

Did you even read the link. It said a small explosion occurred when the missile hit the plane. So it blew up. Genius.

Glazers Out!

GooglePlus wrote: »
    What was that big ball of fire when it hit the ground?

That was a crash. Not a plane being blown up.

Did you even read the link. It said a small explosion occurred when the missile hit the plane. So it blew up. Genius.
    but the plane did not explode

Missiles explode. The missile exploded near the plane, that’s how they work. If I peg a grenade at you, which explodes - the grenade or you?

°°°°°

Missiles explode. The missile exploded near the plane, that’s how they work. If I peg a grenade at you, which explodes - the grenade or you?

It struck the plane. It didn't explode near it.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

If the missile exploded near the plane- you mean fresh air, ha, you are a comedic genius i hope.

°°°°°

The grenade and I would both explode.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They are designed to blow up "beside it", not hit it.

I didn't actually know that either until this incident.

Nope. It exploded near it. That’s how they work. Proximity fuses.

The grenade and I would both explode.

Nope. You would not explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Wow lads, That's some real pedantic stuff from the two of you. Just call it a draw yeah?

If the missile exploded near the plane- you mean fresh air, ha, you are a comedic genius i hope.

That’s how they work. 🤷🏻*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Actually Anti aircraft missiles don't hit planes they dentonate at close Proximity to the plane and shredding it thousands of pieces of shrapnel, causing the plane to explode in mid air

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm done. I'm not sure if people are taking the piss, trolling, pedantic, or genuinely in the conspiracy camp.

tenor.gif

Iran, tragically, blew up their own plane with a missile and a lot of innocent people minding their own business, died.

A mixture of nerves, poor training, led to tragedy.

At least in the end, Iran admitted their mistakes. But I hope the commander responsible, gets a fair trial and we hear the reasoning behind his decision. Hopefully the families can find some comfort in the truth of what happened. And at the end of the day, that's what matter most.

RIP to the victims.

And some people here seriously need to grow up.

/I'm done.

°°°°°

Actually Anti aircraft missiles don't hit planes the dentomate at close Proximity to the plane and shredding it thousands of pieces of shrapnel, causing the plane to explode in mid air

I stand corrected so, it still caused the plane to explode.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Actually Anti aircraft missiles don't hit planes the dentomate at close Proximity to the plane and shredding it thousands of pieces of shrapnel

Ok i can admit when im wrong i thought it hit the plane.

I stand corrected so, it still caused the plane to explode.

It caused the plane to crash. It shot it down. Different thing.

°°°°°

The shrapnel cause an explosion which then caused the plane to crash to the ground.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Show me a post where I’m wrong? Once again - the initial reports from US intelligence were that there was no evidence of a missile hitting the plane. That’s a matter of record. I believed nothing until evidence was provided. As anyone should.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-crash-canada-intelligence/western-intelligence-agencies-see-no-signs-ukraine-airliner-was-shot-down-canadian-source-idUSKBN1Z72Q7

The link provided doesn't state this at all.

You posted nobody blew up a plane stop being pedantic and admit you were wrong. Its obvious you meant iran didnt fire a missile at the plane. Its ok to be wrong you know.

The shrapnel cause an explosion which then caused the plane to crash to the ground.

Nope. The shrapnel knocked a bunch of holes in the plane. It set an engine on fire. It caused the crash.

markodaly wrote: »
    The link provided doesn't state this at all.

It does:
    The initial assessment of Western intelligence agencies is that the plane was not brought down by a missile. There is no evidence to suggest that

You posted nobody blew up a plane stop being pedantic and admit you were wrong. Its obvious you meant iran didnt fire a missile at the plane. Its ok to be wrong you know.

It’s rather more obvious what I actually posted. Which was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

I read early on that normally with a missile strike the plane gets broken up in air and basically drops to ground, whereas in this case it looked like one engine was on fire and the plane glided down, blew up on impact.

So as missile strikes go its a little atypical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭The Rooster

The odds of a non-military air accident don’t reduce simply because there’s military activity going on. So, no, there wasn’t only one possible explanation - hence the need for an investigation.

Ah come on Alastair, you're not really a moron, so stop pretending to be one.

The chance of an airplane accident killing 100+ people is absolutely miniscule.
    4 billion people fly in passenger planes every year.

Of all the days in the year, this incident happened on the same day as Iran were firing rockets.
    Of all the countries in the world, this incident happened in the same country that Iran were firing rockets in.

There was a 99.999999% chance this was caused by Iran
    There was 0.000001% chance this was an accident.

As the lad in Dumb and Dumber said - "so you're saying there's still a chance?!".
    Are you similar IQ to those lads?

Advertisement